3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

104 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

2. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preset icons on Home Screen

1. MBP running Mojave 10.14.6 and Illustrator 24.1

2. Launching Illustrator – Home Screen appears as expected

3. Have my prefs set to display Home Screen when no documents open

4. Icons representing default presets [Letter, Postcard, Common, etc] are not positioned above the labels/sizes as they usually are [see attached screenshot]

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. When changing UI scale, dropdownlist is shown inverted and the bottom item is not shown.

macOS 10.14.6
    Illustrator 2019, 2020

Dropdown list is shown inverted when changing UI scale.
    It seems to display correctly when I mouse over it, but the bottom item is not actually displayed.

These defects can be resolved by making the UI scale the smallest.
    This is a very troublesome problem as a script developer.
    I expect an immediate fix.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New version of Illustrator Smart Guides do not work

Ever since the last update, and now also with the brand new version (as of 6/17/20), the Smart Guides have stopped working properly, almost non-existent.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Save As" window - CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.

macOS Catalina V10.15.1
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0

1. Open app

2. Open any ai file (or make a new one)

3. CMD+Sift+S (or choose File/Save As...)

4. After Save As window appears,

5. try with a keyboard to copy (or select) filename.

6. You can select with mouse filename (or part of the filename)

7. Use CMD+C

8. Try to paste to notepad what you "copy"
      You can paste only what was in the clipboard before steps 2

Result:
    CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cursor in palette fields is almost not visible

The cursor in any field where you can insert values is so light that you can almost not see it.
    The contrast in the fields should be increased so that the cursor is visible again.

OS X 10.15.6, Illustrator 24.2.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fat Selection Outlines

In latest version of AI 24.2.1 on OS X - when I have two or more objects selected, one of them has a fat outline - irrespective of whether I have 'view outlines' mode selected or not. Pretty sure it's a bug. It's really annoying when I want to position multiple items optically using cursors and with outlines off. Because they aren't off.. Screenshot attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Closing while saving dialogue box has a grammatical error.

The close-while-saving dialogue box says "Close anyways" as an option which bugs me because it should read as "anyway" not "anyways." The latter is grammatically incorrect. Not to mention that "getting saved" is also wrong and should be "being saved"

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release, where we have redesigned this dialog. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

10. Bounding box shows „more“ then just the selected object

Now the bounding box shows everything that's attached to the object. For example, if you add a blur as an effect to a vector, the box shows not the object itself, but also the effect, which makes it impossible to properly position the object at the right spot.
    That should be corrected. If it is not a bug but a feature at least something like a checkbox (or something similar in the preferences of the programme) should be added for the user to decide whether he wants all effects, contours brushes etc. to be included in the visible bounding box…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Measurements of objects

I guess it is a new feature so that it works like in Indesign. That is at least annoying, at worst horribly dangerous for users who work with exact measurements:
    You draw a path and make it 100 mm x 100 mm. By adding an outline of 5 mm the new measurements are 105 mm x 105 mm. I know that is the way to work with in an optical way, but if you want to have the path itself 100 mm x 100 mm, then that really sucks.
    Suggestion would be a checkbox (or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cursor in palettes doesn't highlight the content

• If you are in a field in the transform palette (e.g. the x-field where you can define the x-position of an object) and then use the tab key to hop to the next field [y-value] then usually the content of that field is highlighted so that you can simply override the existing value. Now the cursor jumps to the end of the field value and instead of overriting it adds the new value that you type. Very annoying as every other field is not doing that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MacOS Big Sur rendering bug.

Hi!
    I am an apple developer and I installed Big Sur beta (now on version 3) for work. I run into a problem with Illustrator that other people are not seeing. If I open one file everything is OK. When opening two or more files, I get a really nasty visual problem, with Illustror only. See file attached. Is anybody else having this problem, is there a way to fix it? I reinstalled Illustrator and it keeps happening.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

15. Minor issue - Old date on splash screen (2019 instead of 2020)

I launched version 24.2.3 and noticed that it says © 1987-2019 instead of © 1987-2020 on the splash screen. Other up-to-date Adobe apps says 2020.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Welcome Screen Icons Oversized

The preset icons on the Welcome Screen are crazy oversized and don't line up the way they used to. I quit, restarted my computer, same issues.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem with Direct selections (A) - Clicking on the patch does not mark the object

Hi,
    something has changed in Illustrator updates.

I understand that an object nested / masked in an object should not be editable with the Selections Tool (V) from the main object level. Yes, and that's good.

But definitely NOT when use tool (A). This is a different work scope situation in Illustrator when working with the Direct Selections Tool (A).
    Then each track visible in the Outline view should be selectable.

This has made the job a lot more complicated now when I want to select objects inside a crop and edit their properties or shape.

Unwanted change in illustrator…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is no longer possible to speed up vertical scroll holding SHIFT

Holding SHIFT causes AI to fast scroll horizontally.
    Holding SHIFT + CMD causes AI to fast scroll horizontally.

IE - no longer possible to fast scroll vertically??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Properties-Panel broken since last update

since the last update the properties-panel is broken. Even if there is enough room for all informations in the panel, it shows up cropped, with a scrollbar on the side. I have to drag the panel out of it’s window and then back again to fix this, every time I start Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Icon enlarge for no reason

This has been a little bit of a problem. I have latest version of Adobe Illustrator version 24.1.2 running macOS Catalina 10.15.4. It a little annoying and I thought the next update would have solve the issue but it did not. Here is a bug that is strange. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base