• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preset icons on Home Screen

1. MBP running Mojave 10.14.6 and Illustrator 24.1

2. Launching Illustrator – Home Screen appears as expected

3. Have my prefs set to display Home Screen when no documents open

4. Icons representing default presets [Letter, Postcard, Common, etc] are not positioned above the labels/sizes as they usually are [see attached screenshot]

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is fixed in Creative Cloud CCXProcess 3.6.2 update. However, for an identified scenario the fix is not working. This issue happens with the content being not refreshed for quite some time. The team is working on a fix for clearing the cache in case they have not been refreshed.

Meanwhile, users can try the below steps to clear the cache to work around this issue.
    1. Clear HomeScreen data
         Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/CCX Welcome/
         Win: userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CCX Welcome\
    2. Restart CCXProcess
         Mac:
          In Activity Monitor, search for CCXprocess. Select and click on X button on top to kill the process
          Go to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/ and double click CCXProcess app
         Win:
          In Task Manager look for CCXprocess. Right-click and click End Task
          Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience and double click on CCXProcess app
    3. Wait a couple…

2. "Save As" window - CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.

macOS Catalina V10.15.1
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0

1. Open app

2. Open any ai file (or make a new one)

3. CMD+Sift+S (or choose File/Save As...)

4. After Save As window appears,

5. try with a keyboard to copy (or select) filename.

6. You can select with mouse filename (or part of the filename)

7. Use CMD+C

8. Try to paste to notepad what you "copy"
      You can paste only what was in the clipboard before steps 2

Result:
    CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Closing while saving dialogue box has a grammatical error.

The close-while-saving dialogue box says "Close anyways" as an option which bugs me because it should read as "anyway" not "anyways." The latter is grammatically incorrect. Not to mention that "getting saved" is also wrong and should be "being saved"

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release, where we have redesigned this dialog. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

4. Home screen error

I'm on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, and when I launched Illustrator just now the icons on the home screen were oversize and not contained within their tiles.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

6. Welcome Screen Icons Oversized

The preset icons on the Welcome Screen are crazy oversized and don't line up the way they used to. I quit, restarted my computer, same issues.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Icon enlarge for no reason

This has been a little bit of a problem. I have latest version of Adobe Illustrator version 24.1.2 running macOS Catalina 10.15.4. It a little annoying and I thought the next update would have solve the issue but it did not. Here is a bug that is strange. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alt + Scroll wheel doesn't zoom

Just updated to 23.05 (64 bit windows 10) and the alt+mouse wheel no longer zooms. It just scrolls left and right same as CTRL+mouse wheel. If I use ALT+Shift+Mouse wheel it does scroll.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Properties-Panel broken since last update

since the last update the properties-panel is broken. Even if there is enough room for all informations in the panel, it shows up cropped, with a scrollbar on the side. I have to drag the panel out of it’s window and then back again to fix this, every time I start Illustrator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recent file history missing on app launch

Since updating to the latest version, on starting Illustrator I just get the "start a new file fast" section but no recent file history icons.

Once I've opened and then closed a file the app returns to the home screen and then my recent history is showing but the Start A New File Fast bit has gone.

Once I close illustrator down and re-open it the history disappears again :(

Using Illustrator v24 via a Creative Cloud Suite account on Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing. No change.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool on MAC ...AGAIN

MAC High Sierra, Illustrator 2020

The spacebar does not function at all as the 'quick' hand tool. Pressing (H) still works, but the basics (spacebar) does not.

Please fix!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Strange formatting for start screen shortcuts

The formatting is messed up on the startup screen (using: macOS Catalina)...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. template outline visuals out of scale

When I open illustrator, the outlines of the different visual templates are overlapping the text below... Looks pretty sloppy, Adobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Realtime Preview makes rulers and objects disappear when moving

In Illustrator 24.1 the real time editing feature makes guides or other objects that have no fill or stroke or an object with a white fill and no stroke disappear when moved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. duet for iPad pen stroke and pressure not working in illustrator (it does in photoshop)

using iPad and "duet" to provide pen stroke and pressure (using wacom drivers on the mac/adobe side). This DOES work in photoshop so the connection is working but it does NOT work in illustrator.

Here is a video showing the problem:
    https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f4f5d9ff1e73c6f4fa8b0db134fc9a5520200403114111/d6d4d546381022bba6df3990c6bc9ca120200403114111/bf9f4c

Pleas contact duet: team@duetdisplay.com - the guys name is Hector.

Thanks !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Common Dialog Boxes lag: saves each step from Dialog Box

– MacOS Mojave 10.14.1
    – AI 24.1.2

The problem appears in ALL dialog boxes in Illustrator: from transforming to changing colours.

For example I want to move my object 10px to the left. I open the Dialog Box, all the Positions are 0, Preview is on. I enter 10px, the object moves to 10 px. But, for example, that isn't enough for my artwork, and i'm entering then 12px instead of 10px, in the same dialog box.

And then the "magic" happens.

Let's say the original position of the object is 0. When I enter 10px, the position changes also…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stuck on Rotate or Reflect Tool - Wacom Input Device

I have run into this issue many times over the years (multiple AI versions) and figured I'd add to the posts about it.

When using either the Rotate or Reflect tool, Illustrator often gets stuck. What I mean by stuck is that after trying to rotate or reflect some artwork, the Rotate or Reflect tool remains active as if you never released right click. This makes it so that every subsequent movement just rotates around the artwork as though you were still holding down right click. If you try to click elsewhere in the program, nothing happens. Clicking with a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustrator Recent Files list on the welcome page is not updated until the application restart

The Recent Files list on the Welcome page is not updated until Illustrator restart. E.g. you can create some new files and save them but they do not appear in the Recent Files welcome page. But they do appear if you restart the application.

Windows 10 Pro RS5 x64, Adobe Illustrator CC v24.1.2 (x64)

Thank you for your support!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reflect Tool

The Reflect Tool doesn't remember the last setting, (e.g. vertical 90º) and instead puts in a random angle.
    (Mac OS 10.15.4)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base