4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot turn on GPU performance, NVIDIA card

Cannot turn on GPU performance on Nvidia card
    My card: Nvidia gt 610m, before illustrator can turn on GPU performance but now I can't. I had to try reinstall app and driver Nvidia, update windows but nothing.
    Please fix it, thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DRAGGED IMAGE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS INTO EMBEDDED FILE

Yesterday it was fine and then poof one day everything goes down the drain, I have reinstalled it, reload my Adobe, restrated my computer, nothing works. Please help me because this is very bad to my workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. printing ppd changes

I go to print a file. Select my printer preset.
    I get the error
    "The specified PPD is invalid. The default PPD will be used."
    I hit OK.
    Print window pops back up
    I manually select the printer. Hit print. I get another error that says" can't print file"
    I hit OK
    File -print again.
    I manually select the printer and the ppd to match.
    Make sure everything else. Size, placement of the file are okay. Hit Print. Then it will print.

I tried resaving my preset, but this has not changed the issue.

It seems like as time has…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Consistent repeat crashes

Consistent repeat crashes. I'm on a MAC High Sierra. I know my Illustrator 21.1 will at least crash around 10am and 3pm EVERYDAY. It goes through phases where it will crash 4 times a day.

I am merely opening an Illustrator file from my desktop or in a folder on my desktop that is 1mb -5mb most times when this happens. When clicking on the file and waiting for this small file to open and nothing happens I realize that it's locked up.

I check the task manager and sure enough it's not responding and I have to force quit…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AI CC 2018 cannot launch

Hello,

When I want to start illustrator, a first error message appears: (aip.png on attachment)

After clicking on "next",
    a second message appears twice and then asks me to send an error report to Adobe. (impossible ai.png on attachment)

I managed to run AI CC 2018 in safe mode but it lacks a lot of things like the toolbar. what should I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vector shapes show as black

When opening an .ai file on one particular PC in our workplace (a file that was created on a different PC) most of the vector shapes show as black-filled shapes.

We have multiple copies of Illustrator (all version 22.0.1 (64-bit) in our workplace and on every other PC the artwork displays properly (with no black shapes).
    Turning on 'Overprint Preview' on the troublesome PC fixed the issue.
    On every other PC turning this option on or off has no effect.
    If we create a new file in Illustrator on this troublesome PC then we don't experience any problems?
    I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GPU preview = poor quality in 22.1

Image quality is poor with GPU performance activated in 22.1: lines appear too thick, anchor points are left on screen when they should have cleared, random artifacts appear on screen for no apparent reason. Solution is either deactivated GPU performance (not acceptable) or toggling to CPU preview on every document every single time the document is opened (also not acceptable). Please work on a fix for this before releasing 22.1 to the public.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Character Panel doesn´t change fonts name

AI version: last one, 22.0.1
    I typed the same words in 10 different fonts (all Google fonts), and they all look different of course, but when selecting them a second time, the font shown in the Character panel was always the same. I closed Illustrator and then it worked for few minutes, then the same issue appeared again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

1. The dropdown menu in the type window for anti-aliasing options is disabled seemingly at random.

1. . The anti-aliasing dropdown menu in the type window allows me to designate a render setting to one type selection however, this setting also seemingly applies to all type on the document (i.e. I cannot apply "Sharp" to one text block and "Strong" to another).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Placed .tiff file making vector image disappear

In my line of work we have "distresses" that we place over the vector image that we've created. The distresses are .tiff files and with the last update have began making the vector image disappear. When printed everything is fine. However most of the time we also have to export as a .png to send our customers a proof and we have to export several times before getting a .png we can use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chrashed

When i try to change the color of something with the Touch Bar (Grayscale), it didn't change the color and crash the app many times i tried it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Artboards disappear and is replaced by guides for artboard when reopening an existing document

Using Illustrator Version 22.0.1 on PC. Also happens on my Imac at work as well.

This happens from time to time but does get somewhat annoying when it does.

When I open an existing document, the artboards are all gone except for one artboard and what is left instead are guides for where those artboards are meant to be, and a new layer has been created in the layers panel with the name 'Guide For Artboards'.

There isn't anything out of the ordinary I do when saving a file so I have no idea why it likes to do this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You need save files in Illustrator CS4 or higher version to preserve the artboards. If any file file is saved below that version all the artboards are converted into guides.

Thanks
    Nitish

13. Document as tabs does not work

Cannot get Open Documents as Tabs to work. If more than one document is open how can I switch between documents.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stroke alignment out of bounds

When drawing objects on top of each other stroke points tend to go out of bounds and are not aligned with other objects in line.I dont know if this is bug or my settings messed but its annoying and would like to get it fixed or solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Surface pro 4, Illustrator and InDes

I am having problems running Illustrator CC and InDesign CC on my new Surface pro (Intel Core i7-7660U CPU 2,5GHz, 16,0 GB RAM). Usually the programs crashes on startup, and the crash is followed by an option to send a crash report. When trying to send the crash report, the crash report crashes! Only Randomly the programs open, but then it seems like the programs are running on wrong resolution. Have anyone else experienced these issues, and is there any fix?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extended top and bottom of glyphs of variable fonts are not rendered

Vertically long glyphs with variable font are not rendered at the top and bottom. Please see attached file.
    When the character size is small or when the zoom ratio is small, all rendering is done normally.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

17. Display Measurement Labels doesn't respect setting

Fix "Display Measurement Labels" so that it works because it doesn't respect the setting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Line distortion Issue

I am having this issue while designing in Illustrator. The example attached is only one area that is having this distortion. The smooth lines have little cuts out of them, but when I save it out it seems to be ok. It is very distracting and would like to know if there is a fix for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working

When I select my text box and then go to the Font pull down menu, I used to be able to use my arrow key and scroll through the font menu. While doing this the font box in my document would preview the fonts. Now I literally have to mouse over the font in the menu, which IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING and time consuming. Please fix this feature!!!

Or I could start typing in a font and Illustrator would suggest fonts as I type - this no longer work either.

CC2018

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Issues with changing font type

I am using Illustrator 22.0.1 to design a logo. I've tried this on both my MacBook Pro and on my iMac and had the same thing happened:

With the document open, I double-clicked on of the words to get the Type panel to open on the right. I then made my selection with the Type tool and then clicked the font drop down menu to change the font and started scrolling.

I need to be able to scroll through the font dropdown menu to browse the fonts so I can make a selection.

Instead, the font menu bugs out and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base