4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. graphic style library don't load at startup

Hello,

Even with the option "persistent" ticked, custom graphic Style libraries don't reopen automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator 22.0.1 not opening in High Sierra

I (foolishly) updated to High Sierra last night. Now Illustrator won't open. Clicking on the icon, all I get is this:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

you may try resetting preference once to see it helps.

If not, please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. Type reverting & doing all sorts of weird things

The new Illustrator's type feature behaves strangely. The font reverts to the 1 I chose previously when I do some things such as discard the Offset Path setting I've set for it it in the Appearance Panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kerning Font Characters (Letters) Causes Curser to Jump Around

While kerning letters in a statement, each time I press the up arrow to give more space or to press the down arrow to shrink space between letters, the curser jumps to the second line in some random spot. I have to move the curser back each time I press the up arrow and down arrow. This is defiantly a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My text is being converted automatically to shapes

I am working on a project (wordle project) and I have a layer where I put text; Every time I open the file after I had saved it, I find the new text converted to shapes :s. This is so frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Error on Artboard/Workspace

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.1

2. Tried working on a new artboard to learn interface and immediately started getting this problem - this happens when I select an object and try to move it. Then I am unable to move anything properly. I have been unable to find any settings that may have caused this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and have received this same problem on different files and art boards.

3. A triangular cut out that appears on the artboard and causes the objects to malfunction when manipulated.

If I try to create something new, it disappears and then shows up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

7. anchor white

Hello! I have a problem where my anchor points and handles are white. They are normally black if I remember correctly and so I am struggling to use/see them as they are white.

I have tried Ctrl H - show edges and show bounding box but neither work. Please let me know if this can be changed!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't expand toolbar icons

Working in 22.0.1 on Mac OS 10.12.6, I can no longer expand a tool to use a hidden alternate, unless I use a keyboard shortcut. When holding down on the mouse button to select, nothing happens.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. iMac 5k 2017 w/ Radeon Pro 580 - Illustrator very slow on GPU preview

Illustrator version 22.01
    macOS 10.12.6
    iMac 5k 2017 w/ i5 3,8Ghz - 16Gb RAM - 2TB Fusion - Radeon Pro 580
    All the file (also a very little file) is slow on movement, on move object and run with shot and NOT fluid. Slow on select object or shape or everything on file.
    The same file opened on a "slow and old" MacMini with the same configuration and the same macOS is not slow and the movement is very fluid.
    Switching to CPU cause the same things, everything is very slow. Also switching to Print Preview is slow.

Thanks for…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

10. Flickering cursor & preview bugs in bitmap

Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (22.0.1)
    Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

The cursor constantly flickers about a month ago when I was still using AI CC 2017 version. After I updated the CC to the latest version yesterday, the problem still occurred.

Besides, when I import a bitmap/ tiff file to AI, the whole image cannot be viewed. Some parts are hidden. It has the same issue when i export the AI file to jpg.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Font name not suggested when typing in

When I want to change a typeface to another and I start typing in the name, instead of loading a list of installed fonts related to the characters being typed, nothing happens. No suggestions loaded at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Love,

sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you please click on the little rectangle in the font name (below search button) and see the option selected?

If it is “Search First Work Only”, change it to “Search Entire Font Name” and it will solve the issue.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

12. SVG Export Missing XML Encoding Tag

The latest updates to Illustrator (21.0.1) seems to have removed the all-important encoding tag required by browsers to render SVG appropriately when embedding etc. in an html page.

It exports the svg without this tag at the beginning of the file.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scaling type reverts to original size

I'm trying to scale up live text and it keeps reverting to the original size. This happens both with and without the shift key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't click on properties dropdowns

I just updated AI to the newest release and suddenly I'm unable to access extended properties not displayed on the main panel nor will it let me select and change colors via the properties panel. I also don't like that you've all decided what tools I work with constantly, I need to be able to customize what I need to keep open for my workflow optimization. Because if I could, I could work around this bug.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color picker scrolling

Color picker scrolling bug.
    1. Verson 22.0.1
    2. Open color picker, select channel (S/H/B/R/G/B), scroll up/down using mouse wheel.
    3. The values should change by mouse wheel.
    4. The R/G/B channels are fine. In Hue, scrolling up is MUCH slower (insensitive) than scrolling down. In Saturation/brightness, most time I can't scroll up. Rarely I can do a 1% scrolling up. Scrolling down is fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rotate Tool flickering objects under transform

1. 22.0.1 (OSX 10.13.1)

2. Drawing some element (dosen't matter what), selecting the rotate-tool, trying to rotate the element while holding shift.

3. being able to rotate in fixed angles.

4. flickering element, no control over rotation (see video)

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

17. Playing scripts via action with no open documents

Running scripts via an action only appears to work if there is at least one open document.

Steps:
    1. Create a simple script (such as app.documents.add)
    2. Save to Illustrator scripts folder.
    3. Record to action via 'Insert Menu Item'
    4. Make sure no documents are open
    5. Play action. Illustrator displays the message 'The object <ScriptName> is not currently available.'

If you run the script via File > Scripts, it runs normally. I don't think this should be expected behaviour; if the menu command runs the script, the action should too, regardless of whether or not there is an…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. showing an extra art-board which doesn't really exist

It is showing an extra art-board which doesn't really exist,

Illustrator 2017 ME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Selecting list view does not change from grid view in "Start" screen.

v22.0.1

Selecting "list" view in the "start" window does not change the view. Have restarted numerous times. Not a big deal, but annoying when I need to see full file names (which are truncated in grid view).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)