3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC Libraries will not work

I have tried a few of the temporary fixes and sometimes it would work but now it is just telling me that Something Went Wrong Initializing Creative Cloud Libraries. I use the libraries every day for work and it is very frustrating to have to open up an old document with the color I need just so I can use it. It will not work no matter what now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pressure option for brush is greyed out in AI while using Wacom Tablet

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure senstivity option on?

Please help.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

425 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't assign keyboard shortcut to Properties panel

It is not possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to the new Properties panel because it does not appear in the Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stroke size goes nuts under 1pt sizes

When drawing a regular line with pen tool and changing the size of the stroke to less than 1pt, it automatically switches to sizes higher than 1pt.
    For example, if I want my stroke to be 0.5 pt, and if I select it in a dropdown menu, it will automatically turn into 5pt stroke and that will also be applied on the line. Same thing when entering the value manually with the keyboard - entering 0.5 will automatically convert into 5 and change the stroke to be thicker instead of making it thinner. This only started happening in the newest…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Unable to export PNG higher than 72ppi

"Export As" command will not export PNG files any higher than 72 ppi. Even when I set it to export at 300 ppi, it still exports at 72.
    Please fix this!

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.
    Thank You.
    Warm Regards,

7. Fonts

I have to load PDF files from Quickbooks into Ai and the fonts won't snyc. The message when Finding Fonts is I need to Login but I'm already logged in. One is Arial which is the same in both. The other is Times New Roman which is all run together from QB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blob Brush leaves temporary marks

When I'm moving around the cursor, without pressing any buttons, and have the Blob Brush tool selected I get these marks. They disappear if I switch to the selection tool.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

9. Complete Reset (Again) of ALL Preferences After Update

Not sure why this STILL happens, but every time there is a jump from one version of CC (today from CC 2017 to CC 2018), all preferences are dropped.
    All palettes are gone. Tool box is single column i/o 2 (as previously set). None of my preferences carried over from the version I was using right before updating. Very frustrating.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transparency mask not displaying correctly, exporting error

When using transparency mask, strange bars of masked areas appear in the artwork. This error occurs in when I export the graphic as a jpeg, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CC 2018: The 'undo count' button in preferences is not responding

Basically, I can click it but it doesn't respond.
    It's impossible to change the value.

See video of the bug:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSnDwWVZnhs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Artboard units do not update when I change ruler units

Hi all,

Video of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5yhDUw2YTY

Also posted this to the Community Forums.
    The units of the artboard do not update in the properties panel when I change the Rulers Units.

I have to de-select, and re-select the artboard to make this happen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

13. Illustrator keeps opening its self, even after I close it/force quit it.

I used it to open a PNG file accidentally, and tried to force quit it immediately. but it just kept opening its self, even after I let it load fully, and then quit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trackpad zooming causing an earthquake on Illustrator CC 2018

Zooming in via the trackpad causes an unexpected earthquake-like glitch. Zooming in via keyboard shortcuts work as expected.

Also, at the end of the video, I show off the full screen bug, which has been present since CC 2017 version after updating to High Sierra. This also happens in probably all other applications (its like this too I believe in Ps and Id) Thought that would've been fixed by now! Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed Doesn't Show Up in New Properties Panel

The Embed option appears in the new Properties panel when a Linked object is selected, but doesn't appear when multiple Linked objects are selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3

17. save as OR save a copy using artboards does not save separate artboard files at all.

Only export works as expected. But if you want to save each artboard as PDF it does not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A Bug using Pathfinder Trim with Gradients

Version: Any

Steps taken: Make a file with a gradient fill on top of an object with a solid fill. Apply pathfinder trim.

Expected result: Object underneath gradient object is removed while gradient object stays as one solid object.

Actual result: Gradient object is cut and solid object remains underneath.

Video: https://youtu.be/6_kRG7MHCt4

Further comments: When using pathfinder in Illustrator to trim objects that contain a gradient the objects underneath do not get removed as they should and instead appear to be divided. This seems to be an issue with how Illustrator makes gradient as if overprint fill was applied to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. JPG export to RGB keeps coming up with an error

In CC 2017 when I try and export a file to a RBG JPG file an error keeps coming up saying that the file cannot be written due to an error.

This has been happening for a while now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Image Not Visible/Blank When Placing EPS Files into new file

I use a program called Separation Studio to separate raster images into spot colors. I then open up a new Illustrator file, click file -> place -> select the eps file created from Separation Studio, and the image that is placed is blank. This was not an issue with any versions of Illustrator. In previous versions, you were able to see the image that was placed and even change/alter the spot colors that were brought in. In this new version, CC18, the spot colors come in with the image when it's placed, but even if you change the spot color,…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base