3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opacity and Mask Define Knockout Shape - not working with GPU Preview

Opacity and Mask Define Knockout Shape - This option does not work if GPU Preview is enabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide text highlighting on "Hide Edges" (CMD+H)

This was never fixed in CC 2015 - 2017 and the same **** bug is in CC2018.

In ALL previous versions of AI prior to CC2015 (or at least as far back as CS5 when I got Illy), if you selected text with the Text Tool which made the text highlighted, if you then performed the Hide Edges command, the highlight would NOT show... that way you could change the color, Tracking, font size etc of ONLY the SELECTED characters without affecting the others.

The "big deal" here is when you are trying to see the color change take effect…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select > Same > (Fill, Stroke, etc.) no longer working in charts

Adobe CC2018
    When using the direct selection tool to select a single element of a chart or graph, Illustrator no longer responds to the Select > Same > ... commands. This is a feature we rely upon for everyday capabilities when styling charts. When I try the command, it does not select anything within the chart. If I ungroup the chart, or use the Select > Same > (options) with other Illustrator shapes, it works as normal. The problem surfaced immediately after I upgraded from CC2017 to CC2018.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. right click menu option silliness

Why, when i right click on an object to bring up the menu and go to a submenu that has an arrow pointing to the right, the submenu opens up on the left? It has done this since i upgraded from CS6 and seems silly... the only time it opens in the direction of the arrow is if you are working on something on the left side of monitor... which is also silly since i prefer to work more or less in the wide open areas of my monitor ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Error on Launch: "There is no disk in the drive" -

I figured out that I only get this error when my USB3 memory card reader is connected to my computer, but it is ridiculous. I have to click cancel 30+ times in rapid succession and then Illustrator will launch, but I can't find ANYWHERE in Illustrator that is referencing my E:/ drive - HELP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Puppet Wrap tool not updated

Updated illustrator and still can't find the Puppet wrap tool. SOS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Screenshot shows you have not updated to Illustrator 22.0. Please update to 22.0 to get Puppet Warp tool

7. Align to Artboard

All version of Illustrator before CC 2018 the Align to.. command would stick to Align to Artboard unless you clicked on another object to define a Key Object.

This upgrade keeps jumping back to align selections.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

8. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

I have Surface Studio, 32 Gig, Windows 10. Today I installed the CC Updates and now Illustrator crashes every 2 or 3 minutes. I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it, but the crashes continue. Finally in desperation I uninstalled Illustrator 2018 and reinstalled Illustrator 2017. At least now Illustrator is stable.

I sure would like to know what to do to fix the problem. You know it wouldn't be a bad idea if one could reach support with install problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Units in AI 2018 not functioning properly

The new update to Illustrator, 2018, seems to be having issues with files made in previous versions of Illustrator, as of 10/19/17. I'm having trouble setting the Units. When I try to set my rulers to inches, they seem to remain at points - even the properties pallet.

Although, I just reinstalled 2017 (on 10/20/17) because of these bugs and when I launched the AI app from the CC app, it launched the 2018 version (since I had not yet uninstalled it). When I checked again, this issue seems to have been resolved since yesterday. I kept double checking and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/art.. if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html

10. Illustrator CC 2017 crashes computer on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I didn't know there were serious compatibility issues between Adobe CC and macOS 10.13 High Sierra until after I upgraded.

Within seconds of launching Illustrator it freezes my entire machine and my only option is a hard reboot.

Please provide a status update on when this issue will be fixed. I rely on CC for my job and will have to migrate back to 10.12 Sierra in the interim.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Major Font problem in Ai CC 2018

Adobe Illustrator 22.0 64-bit
    Windows 10 1703 (build 15063.632) 64-bit

Characters refuses to render, be it in an area frame or a single line. Can't work like that, returning to CC 2017 right now.
    I had a full page of text yesterday and now I have just the backgrounds. The text frame can be selected but the characters panel doesn't show any information regarding type weight or anything. Also, the Find Font dialog is broken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Libraries Panel rendering is not correct

THe rendering of this panel is incorrect, it doesn't let me align it properly with other panels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The file saved in eps (cs 2) format in CS 6 can not be opened from CS 2.

The file saved in eps (cs 2) format in CS 6 can not be opened from CS 2.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CC 2018: Objects on top of textframes are no longer selectable

I made a clear video to illustrate this (annoying) bug.
    My colleague has not yet updated Illustrator and is using the latest 2017 version.
    I have updated to 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1bUmXCcssg

In the video you see:
    - On notebook 1: I created a textfield with rectangle on top. I can select the textframe and the rectangle on top easily. They are on the same layer.
    - On notebook 2: I did the exact same, but it has become impossible to select the rectangle.

I cannot imagine this is done on purpose.
    I understand that I would not be able to select…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

15. 91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

16. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sizing Glitch

I have updated my Photoshop and Illustrator programs but when I boot them up to see the home screen where I would like to see "new" "open" and previous projects, I am greeted by a glitched window that, no matter what size I try to make it, will always fail to work. I have tried countless times and have only run into this problem with the new update. at first I had thought it was an issue with my monitor but soon realized that even with two different monitors hooked up (including the computer one) I get a glitched window…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Kimbo

Illustrator CC2018 is Launching in Safe mode because of a plugin called Kimbo.aip Do not know how to reinstall and it looks like the plugin is only available for CC2017

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Please contact plugin developer for an updated plugin. I checked their website they already have a CC 2018 compatible available for sale.

20. Non Functional Gradient Stroke along/across options when stroke is outside/inside

make a box, add a gradient stroke, apply gradient across stroke, align stroke to outside - you can't button does nothing.
    so
    make a box, add a gradient stroke, align stroke to outside THEN click apply gradient across stroke...button is active but does nothing

I have been reporting this bug and hoping for a fix for 4 years now. Going to give me back some of that money I have been giving you LOL?

First post July 2013...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1263557

again July 2015
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1907689
    again
    Dec 2015
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2021452
    Nov 2016
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1247459
    Jan 2017
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2265213

made bug reports each time, but always…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base