Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

941 results found

1. Tool Menus Errors: Tool menus click through into the tool options below them.

Tool Menu Interface Errors:
    I have my Character Tools on Top, then my Swatches below, then my Transparency tools.
    I click to change transparency setting and the color swatches are below, thus what ever I click in the menu clicks through into the swatches and thus my color changes. Same issue when I change fonts.
    I click the multiply option in my transparency tools and that menu pops up over the swatches, thus whatever I click, clicks through the little menu and into the swatches color. See attached or you won't understand.
    Am using the latest Illustrator on Win10. See…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Essentials Classic Workspace is missing

I have students who do not have access to the Essentials Classic Workspace. If this was removed this is a BAD idea, particularly for education environments. Educators like myself spend a great deal of time producing project-specific videos using a particular interface configuration and if my students cannot access it the videos and my valuable time have been wasted.s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. selection issues

I have to click above where i want to select in the men system, i have windows 10 illustrator 2108

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It does not change even if you enter a value on the Transform panel

After entering X position, move to Y position with tab key and enter and enter value and value will not change even if enter key or tab key is pressed.

Sometimes, this bug appears in Y position or Height.

macOS High Sierra, Illustrator CC 2017, 2018 and macOS Mojave, Illustrator CC 2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 文字化け

ver. 22.1, macOS 10.14 (Mojave)

添付のスクリーンショットのように検索の部分の文字列が文字化けします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Missing functionality when using external displays

When using multiple external displays, Illustrator New Document screen and Helpful Hints popups not displaying properly resulting in inability to see and select options necessary to create a new document or see all of the information in the popups and close the popups.

I've called support twice without a resolution. Attempts to resolve have included updating both primary and secondary display drivers.

Work around for creating new is to change Preferences to "Use legacy 'File New' interface", but this doesn't resolve the Helpful Hints popups which can't be closed as a result of this bug.

My specific system configuration file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cannot view 150% zoom level

1. Illustrator CC 20.1 (64-bit); Windows 10-64
    2. Trying to zoom to 150% by selecting the preset option from the zoom drop-down menu, or using Ctrl++
    3. Expected result: document is shown at 150% zoom (actual size due to DPI scaling issues)
    4. Actual result: zoom preset goes to 200% and document is shown at 200%. This only happens with this document and not others; it contains both vector and raster data. For some reason I can zoom at every other preset except 150% (true actual size)
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Visual glitch prevents using Illustrator when file is opened from Finder before launching Illustrator

As the title describes, this glitch occurs consistently whenever launching a file from finder before launching Illustrator.

The file seems to open, as the layers can be seen in the layers window, but the main document editing window is occupied by the welcome menu. The welcome menu cannot be closed, and the files shown in the recent section cannot be opened. See image 1.

The only way to exit the menu without closing Illustrator is to open another Illustrator file through Finder or through File > Open. Then, another visual glitch will take place: the tabs used to select the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Window size not big enough - Can't open the illustration

When I try to open a document from my drive, I get a pop-up window that says: Can't open the illustration. There is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again.

I've only had this issue since the last update. What can I do to fix this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

10. Menus are too large

This is only an Illustrator problem where the drop down menus and dialog pop ups are way too large compared to the rest of the user interface. I've tried every solution. Running this on Windows 10 Pro on a 2K screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator files explorer window bug

Hi,

Please see attached screenshot. There is bug on your file explorer window. All recent files and cc files are floating EXTREMELY to the left. There is so much real-estate space on the right. There is also no horizontal scrollbar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ungroup

'Ungroup' keystroke (CTRL+SHIFT+G) does not work. I even went into the keyboard shortcuts and tried to reassign that keystroke to the command, and it won't let me. 'Group' (CTRL+G) works great. Clicking ungroup in the properties panel is the only thing that works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Panel "Dropdowns" appear on wrong monitor

If the Panels are on a second/external monitor on Mac OS, Illustrator renders the dropdown information (ie font size, stroke width, arrowhead type, rotation, Transparency type) not on the second monitor, but back on the Main monitor/iMac.

The example shown has the latest build, with panels on the right monitor and artboard on the iMac screen. Trying to select from the Stroke Width drop down menu puts the options on the iMac screen instead of within the Stroke Panel.

Photoshop doesn't do this, so it's not an Apple thing. Illustrator team, please fix this!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problems with text, bounding box, selections, scaling and more

Hello, I’ve been having a problem with Illustrator for now a week. The version I am working with is 22.1 and I am working on a MacBook Pro 15in 2017 with Sierra 10.13.5, Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB,

I noticed that the problem always starts showing up when I am working with text, especially when changing the tracking of the text. The problem shows up after usually a couple hours of work and it “resets” when restarting the application or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator uses UI scaling for menus from main display in dual display setup

Windows 10, version 1803
    Illustrator CC (22.1)

I have a dual display setup. Display 1 is 109ppi (27", 2560x1440) set to 100% UI scale in Windows settings. Display 2 is 282ppi (15.6", 3840x2160) set to 225% UI scale in Windows settings.

Illustrator is set to 'scale to higher supported scale factor'

If Illustrator is placed on display 2, with display 1 set as the 'main' or primary display in windows settings, Most UI items within Illustrator display as expected but menus and some other items become unreadable, because Illustrator appears to take its UI scaling setting from the display set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe Color Themes panel becomes blank and unresponsive

The panel works as intended for a while, but after working for a while (20 min or so) -The Adobe Color Theme Panel becomes blank after trying to switch between "create" & "explore".

Closing and restarting Illustrator 2018 fixes this, but that become s big pain to have to keep closing and re-opening all your files just to use the color theme tools.

I'm not sure if it is caused by the webseach that happens with the "..." elipses dots, but sometimes it seems that it just doesn't find the color website and that is why it doesn't show anything.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

17. Selecting options in panel dropdown menus always activates the item below the menu

This bug has been affecting me for many months through multiple updates. It happens consistently. When I click an item in a dropdown menu within a tool panel, no matter how careful I am I end up activating whatever option is BELOW the menu at that location.

EXAMPL (see attached video): In the gradient panel I select the Location option, which opens a dropdown menu with 10 options (0% to 100%). When the Location menu opens, it hangs down over the tool panel below. In this case, Swatches. I select 80%: the physical location of that option in the menu…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

18. application frame

1. These are not 'ideas' they are bugs, errors, problems - stop with the Orwellian language, just makes you look insincere and untruthful.

The problem:
    When Application Frame is selected, files either do not display when opened or have a corrupted display. Doesn't happen every time, but quite often.
    Mac Pro macOS 10.12.6, Illustrator 22.1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

We have made a fix in latest version for the same. Can you please upgrade to 23.0.3 and let us know if you still face this issue?

Thanks
    Anish

19. Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress.

Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress. After one keypress illustrator start moving the object. See .Gif

Reproduce:
    1 create object
    2 select object
    3 click in the number of the W of H in the transform panel
    4 press arrow up / down on the keyboard
    5 press again.

Expected behaviour:
    - For the object to scale up every press of the an arrow key.

Observed behaviour:
    - First keypress the object scales/resizes
    - Second keypress it start moving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

20. Targeting and moving selections between layers

I just upgraded to Illustrator CC 2018 (22.1). The layers interface has more bugs than a bait store. For one thing, I can no longer move targeted selections between layers, and the "release to layers" (build or sequence) doesn't expand named layers properly.

I'm a high-end packaging production designer. I have to work with vector art and therefore multiple layers are absolutely critical to mitigate file complexity. This is a serious problem as now I refuse to release mechanicals that would be untenable for vendors.

I'll need to revert back to Illustrator CC 2017, and can only hope and pray…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base