Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8347 results found
-
Type
After applying a Font "size" it will change automatically when I move my mouse. This is very annoying and a big waste of my time having to go back again and again to try to get a font size to "stay" at the value I set it at. This should not happen. Fix this Adobe!
Mac OS 15.12 votes -
Exported SVG files don't work correctly in Internet Explorer 11
If a SVG file exported from Illustrator is set as a background-image in IE11, the image will be centered in its container, and that can't be changed with background-position: left or right.
Fortunately the solution is simple. Just have Illustrator include width and height in the <svg> tag, like this:
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 78 112" width="78" height="112">1 vote -
Preferences reset whenever Illustrator freezes/crashes
Illustrator freezes or crashes 1 to 2 times a day. I use it for 8 hours a day at work. When it freezes, I have to force quit with Task Manager. I'm using 2020, and I had this exact issue with 2019. However with 2020, whenever it freezes and I force quit, once I open Illustrator again all of my preferences are back to default. These preferences include: custom Keyboard Shortcuts, the workspace, boxes that have been checked (e.g. the Preview box in Envelope Distort).
5 votes -
Saving .ai file on Catalina taking way too long
Saving (command + S ) .ai file on Catalina taking way too long. Force quit applications says illustrator is not responding, left alone for about 8 minutes, it finally saves.
3 votes -
Crashes constantly
Illustrator crashes constantly. Typically, when pasting anything (even a single character) into an existing AI file. We have updated all associated drivers, upgraded video card, re-imaged the OS. Nothing is making this better. After a few strokes, Illustrator will gray out and report "Not Responding."
Illustrator CC 2018 version 22.0.1
Windows 10 v17091 vote -
Center points are not visible
Guide objects have lost their center points. I have "Show Center" turned on in the Attributes panel and "Show Edges" turn on, and still, the Center-Points are not visible on object guides.
Object guides used to all have center-points showing all the time, as long as the guides were turned on. Now the center-points are missing.
18 votesDoes this still happen for you with the latest Illustrator releases? Please check and comment back
-
Locked Layers won't allow file to save
If layers are locked, AI file won't save and close. It will continue to prompt you to save multiple times but won't allow you to close the file due to the asterisk. The asterisk will only leave if you save the file with the layers unlocked.
1 vote -
Illustrator 2020 (24.1.1, windows 10) cannot open file
Cannot open one of my illustrator files.
Every time I try to open it illustrator freezes and doesn't unfreeze until closed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator, restarted my laptop, tried turning off the firewall. I tried attaching it to this comment but it wouldn't load.
thanks1 vote -
Create New Document calculates height and width different
When creating an document and select "millimeters" as unit, enter "352,78" as both values, then change units to "pixels" in AI 24 the values are then:
"1000,01" px for width and "1000" for height.2 votes -
embedded images cause longs delays in opening file illustrator 24.0.2
When opening some files with embedded images, there are very long delays before the file finally opens.
I have had success when I flatten the embedded image, it then opens fine.
Dell PC Windows 10
2 votes -
Incompatibility with the App 'RightZoom'
I was investigating a phenomena of very slow selection of objects and an unintentional motion of object to the cursor position although mouse is not pressed (object not dragged).
I found, after a lot of test and eliminations that the problem was conflict with the app 'RightZoom' that allows Window Zoom while keeping menu visible, something that Mac normally does not do (menu line disappears, appearing only when mouse is pushed to the upper border). Once the app is shutdown or removed, selection goes back to normal - fast and stable.
1 vote -
3D Extrude and Bevel
When I apply 3D Extrude and Bevel with cap set to 0 and surface set to no shading my image now has a background. Now I tried a few things to correct the image in 3D Extrude and bevel and the entire image is gone. The image frame is still there.
This occurred after the latest update to Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.2
1 vote -
Transform Function not working.
Hello, as I click on an object or path the edit anchor points, it is not allowing me to transform or rotate by hand. This has been occuring for the past couple of days.
1 vote -
png file blurry after exporting file
my illustartor file logo is very good but when i export that file in png jpeg it looks like blurry...please can help me
7 votes -
Disappearing artboards in Illustrator 24.0.3
I created a bunch of artboards and put logotypes (word logos) in them, exported each artboard as separate SVGs, closed the file. When I opened the file the next time, only my first artboard still remained but all my artboards I created after that were gone. This is disruptive because I need to keep the placement of all of the graphics in those artboards consistent as they are going to appear on the same baseline in our product. This is not the first time this has happened to me! I can't attach an image as the content cannot be public…
3 votes -
Double "replace" dialog boxes, no file name highlighting
When I use "Save a Copy" to render EPS files of multiple artboards, I get a "Replace" dialog box as the first AND last of four dialog boxes. Previous OS had just one Replace instance as the last step – same as Photoshop's "Legacy Save for Web."
In addition – and this is much more frustrating and tedious – the file name is not highlighted, forcing me to use the mouse to activate the dialog box (tabbing doesn't work) and then select the text apart from the file tag. Having to manually select text to begin file naming is RIDICULOUS.
2 votes -
Symbols and SVGs issues (Illustrator 2020)
Issue: When an SVG is reopened in Illustrator with a symbol included in the artboard, the symbol shifts in position within a bounding box and crops as if it is within a Clipping Mask. Any black colour value within a symbol isn’t recognised and is automatically changed to HEX colour #000000. When the SVG is previewed in Finder and uploaded to Magento the symbols appear in the correct position.
Specs and testing: The issue only occurs since updating to Illustrator 2020 (tested on both macOS Majave (10.14 & 10.14.5) and macOS Catalina (10.15.1).
When opening the SVG in previous versions…
4 votes -
Line Segment tool sizing errors
If I specify a line 1" long using the line segment tool, the resulting line size is incorrect. Please fix! Thanks
1 vote -
Dimensions missing when dragging text corners
When dragging the corners of text, the width and height dimensions stay at 0mm no matter how much I drag the size.
2 votes -
Save As PDF Issue
I am trying to save a file in Illustrator 2020 the same way I've always saved PDF files in older versions of Illustrator for Print. I select PDF x-1a and select document bleeds is the only change I make. It saves fine but when I go to look at the file I get the attached error. I don't understand why I receive this error in this version when I've never experienced this in previous versions taking the exact same file saving steps. i've tried multiple pdf preset options but still experiencing issue.
Update: Currently the only preset I can save…
5 votes
- Don't see your idea?