Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7470 results found

1. Missing functionality when using external displays

When using multiple external displays, Illustrator New Document screen and Helpful Hints popups not displaying properly resulting in inability to see and select options necessary to create a new document or see all of the information in the popups and close the popups.

I've called support twice without a resolution. Attempts to resolve have included updating both primary and secondary display drivers.

Work around for creating new is to change Preferences to "Use legacy 'File New' interface", but this doesn't resolve the Helpful Hints popups which can't be closed as a result of this bug.

My specific system configuration file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 'Edit SVG Filter' quote bug

The 'Edit SVG Filter' window text entry auto-replaces " with “ , invalidating the markup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hello Isa,

We can confirm the issue and are sorry that you experience it. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Dirk

3. Visible Text unable to be edited.

While trying to edit a line of text in illustrator, i couldn't select it. While i could see the text in preview mode, in outline mode it does not show. After saving and reopening the file, the text is editable again and visible in outline mode. This has happened to me for years, it just happened a lot today and got on my nerves. pics below of the issue. same section of the file, just different view modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After lanching ilustrator the start menu is blank without the crative cload appearing

This happens in all Adobe CC apps, the basic startup menu is blank.this is in the newest version of Adobe CC. When selecting file - new an error message reading "%CCXFNFTDIOLOG_NAME" pops up where the different layouts would be. I have tried to uninstall and install Creative Cloud and the Adobe Apps twice to fix the errors. Both times this has not fixed the issues. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Font problem

every time I try to type something on a clean sheet my letters ( no matter what font I use) look like someone cut through them. Can you help and tell me why is this happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scale Strokes only seems possible, but is greyed out.

Scale dialog: Make it possible to scale Strokes only (Deactivate Transform Objects - which should be possible, but is always greyed out)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 22.1

Align to right and align to top are the only alignment tools functioning correctly in all three alignment modes (artboard, key object, selection). None of the distribution tools are working in any mode.

In the 22.1 update, the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior. Before, if I selected say, 5 objects and clicked the Align Horizontal Center tool, they would align on a mutual horizontal center. Now, they align to the center of the artboard, apparently, which is often completely offscreen when I’m zoomed in. This is a very confusing and almost totally…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Animated zoom and smart guide STUCK!!

Smart guide didn't work, then i try to press Ctrll+U. The screen splash and animated zoom is disabled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. transform effect negative numbers

This has been a problem for a long time -- not just the current version of Illustrator. When applying a transform effect to an object and using the "move" part of the effect, negative numbers get converted to positive numbers. Occasionally I can "fool" the effect by not previewing the results but that doesn't work often. This happens whether I type in the numbers by hand or use the slider.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Takes about 15 minutes to open/unfreeze

Since the last update 22.1 it takes about 15 minutes to open...
    I get a white frozen screen for an average of 15 minutes with just the contour of the app...and than it open nomally.

My system:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Illustrator CC

Hopefully you can help

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clipping masks release

When I reopen a document with clipping masks the masks are released. It is very frustrating remaking all photos each time I open to make edits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Illustrator and taskbar auto-hide

I use the auto-hide feature for my taskbar on my dual-monitor Windows machine (specs below), but for some reason in Illustrator ONLY, I have to click out of Illustrator to access my taskbar. This does not happen in Ps, Ae or Pr
    So, if I'm working in Illustrator I have my main panel on my left monitor and my panes on the right. I have to click on my desktop below my panes to access my taskbar. (see screen shot)

Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    32GB ram

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently selected artboard not automatically highlighted as per normal

Running Mac 10.13.6 and AI 22.1

In all previous versions of Illustrator the artboard you are currently on remains highlighted so you know which on you are on.

In this version, the artboard is only highlighted while working in it. If I click into a menu item (say 'Object') then the highlighted artboard disappears and I no longer know which one I am on. Clicking on the blank artboard, which usually highlights that clicked on artboard, doesn't work. The only work around is to click onto another artboard and then back to the first. I've had this issue maybe 6…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hitting "enter" key when specifying page range of 'Save to PDF' on mac broken

Running AI on Mac 10.13.6 with AI 22.1.
    On all programs, when a dialog box is 'highlighted' you can hit 'enter' which will do that action. There is a new bug on save to PDF on Mac at least. Should be very easy to fix guys!

When you Save as PDF, and you have a multi-artboard file - if you want to save out a couple of the pages to PDF, you click 'Range' and type the page range, ie. 2-3. Usually I would always do this and then hit enter, as there is no point picking up the mouse.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Missing Buttons/Interface in Find Font

I've recently noticed that the buttons in Find Font do not appear unless I scroll over them. This is a very recent occurrence as far as I can tell.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When moving a vector with a radial gradient fill, the gradient shifts upon export of an SVG

Gradient appears to be centered in Illustrator, but shifts on export depending on where the vector is located on the artboard/pasteboard (outside the artboard). I have to manually update the SVG markup on all my exported icons. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A sample file would have helped. I applied radial gradient on a circle and exported it to SVG. The visual appearance was matched. There are some limitations in SVG 1.1 spec like absence of blending mode support that can affect.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

17. Pattern brush

Pattern Brush start and end components should not appear when used on closed paths as in Illustrator CS6.

if you make a pattern brush with a red dot at the end, you can use it to find open paths in CS6 but not in CC2018. necessary for working with plotter/cutters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default web presets proof CMYK

When selecting an RGB default, which should be basically Anything for screens, the default is still set to CMYK Web coated SWOP for preview.
    It seems the only way you can actually get things to look OK is to set the preview to proof colors ON, and have it set to Monitor RGB. This also seems dumb because I'm working in an RGB document. What ICC profile is Illustrator using when proof colors are off?
    Coworkers keep asking why things look so different in their browser. Well, it's because they're looking at their colors in illustrator pretty darn desaturated.

Can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cannot view 150% zoom level

1. Illustrator CC 20.1 (64-bit); Windows 10-64
    2. Trying to zoom to 150% by selecting the preset option from the zoom drop-down menu, or using Ctrl++
    3. Expected result: document is shown at 150% zoom (actual size due to DPI scaling issues)
    4. Actual result: zoom preset goes to 200% and document is shown at 200%. This only happens with this document and not others; it contains both vector and raster data. For some reason I can zoom at every other preset except 150% (true actual size)
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Illustrator not recognizing Arial font after setting up new computer

HI All, Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, but this is my first post. I recently set up a new work computer (MacBook pro, High Sierra 10.13.6 ) to replace my older computer. I have typically made PDF's in illustrator using Arial font, but now when I open these older PDF's the text id highlighted as when the font is not recognized . as well if I import Arial text from excel it pastes it as symbols.

When I look for Arial in my type pull down it is not available and when I look in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible there is a font conflict and you have multiple version of Ariel on your machine. e.g. a TTF and another OTF
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base