Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7416 results found

1. Missing Buttons/Interface in Find Font

I've recently noticed that the buttons in Find Font do not appear unless I scroll over them. This is a very recent occurrence as far as I can tell.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When moving a vector with a radial gradient fill, the gradient shifts upon export of an SVG

Gradient appears to be centered in Illustrator, but shifts on export depending on where the vector is located on the artboard/pasteboard (outside the artboard). I have to manually update the SVG markup on all my exported icons. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A sample file would have helped. I applied radial gradient on a circle and exported it to SVG. The visual appearance was matched. There are some limitations in SVG 1.1 spec like absence of blending mode support that can affect.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

3. Pattern brush

Pattern Brush start and end components should not appear when used on closed paths as in Illustrator CS6.

if you make a pattern brush with a red dot at the end, you can use it to find open paths in CS6 but not in CC2018. necessary for working with plotter/cutters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Default web presets proof CMYK

When selecting an RGB default, which should be basically Anything for screens, the default is still set to CMYK Web coated SWOP for preview.
    It seems the only way you can actually get things to look OK is to set the preview to proof colors ON, and have it set to Monitor RGB. This also seems dumb because I'm working in an RGB document. What ICC profile is Illustrator using when proof colors are off?
    Coworkers keep asking why things look so different in their browser. Well, it's because they're looking at their colors in illustrator pretty darn desaturated.

Can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cannot view 150% zoom level

1. Illustrator CC 20.1 (64-bit); Windows 10-64
    2. Trying to zoom to 150% by selecting the preset option from the zoom drop-down menu, or using Ctrl++
    3. Expected result: document is shown at 150% zoom (actual size due to DPI scaling issues)
    4. Actual result: zoom preset goes to 200% and document is shown at 200%. This only happens with this document and not others; it contains both vector and raster data. For some reason I can zoom at every other preset except 150% (true actual size)
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Illustrator not recognizing Arial font after setting up new computer

HI All, Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, but this is my first post. I recently set up a new work computer (MacBook pro, High Sierra 10.13.6 ) to replace my older computer. I have typically made PDF's in illustrator using Arial font, but now when I open these older PDF's the text id highlighted as when the font is not recognized . as well if I import Arial text from excel it pastes it as symbols.

When I look for Arial in my type pull down it is not available and when I look in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible there is a font conflict and you have multiple version of Ariel on your machine. e.g. a TTF and another OTF
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

7. Print Area doesn't adjust according to Print Driver

Once you print and click on setup, then proceed to set your printer up for custom sizes the print area in the print dialog box doesn't change. In order to get it to match the artboard and what you have inputted into the printers driver, you have to click on setup again and print. This adjusts the print area but this extra step is a bug.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Visual glitch prevents using Illustrator when file is opened from Finder before launching Illustrator

As the title describes, this glitch occurs consistently whenever launching a file from finder before launching Illustrator.

The file seems to open, as the layers can be seen in the layers window, but the main document editing window is occupied by the welcome menu. The welcome menu cannot be closed, and the files shown in the recent section cannot be opened. See image 1.

The only way to exit the menu without closing Illustrator is to open another Illustrator file through Finder or through File > Open. Then, another visual glitch will take place: the tabs used to select the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When drag-copying an artboard, the original artboard remains selected. v 22.1

Bug: When drag-copying an artboard, the original artboard remains selected. v 22.1

Idea: When drag-copying an artboard, the new artboard is selected and the original artboard is de3selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Window size not big enough - Can't open the illustration

When I try to open a document from my drive, I get a pop-up window that says: Can't open the illustration. There is not enough room for the window; increase document area and try again.

I've only had this issue since the last update. What can I do to fix this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

12. Revolve Effect - Object Appearance Error "CANT"

Windows 10 Home - 64bit.
    Illustrator CC18. 22.1

When selecting Effects> Revolve on an object (a semi-circle) I get the error:

"The operation cannot be completed because of an unknown error. [CANT]"
    Followed by another dialogue box:
    "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object."

What's going on here?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Eyedropper doesn't work on groups

When I select a group and I try to use the eyedropper tool, this seems to not work.
    In the fill box in the toolbar it appears as the colour already changed, but the group still looks with the original colour.
    If I ungroup the group, or if I unite the group with the pathfinder (plus cmd+8), then the eyedropper works regularly, but this is not the ideal way to work. I already contacted the support online, but the issue hasn't been sorted out properly.

I use MacOS High Sierra — Version 10.13.6

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AI displays an error dialog on opening a file having STROKE OFFSET effect applied to a STRAY object

Continue to get this error message even though I've uninstalled/reinstalled every CC product including the loader app. Then there's an additional message, "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." It happens when switching out from outline mode, also when copying multiple items and then trying to paste them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

15. Rasterizing a clipped image/group of objects results in extra white space in the resulting image.

If I rasterize a clipped image, the result is the same size as the clipped image but with extra whitespace surrounding the clipping boundaries. Expected result, IMO, should be that the resulting image is only as large as the clipping object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator freezes when saving to DXF or DWG

Illustrator freezes when saving to DXF or DWG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Live font preview panel isn´t working

Hi to all.

I think that this is a old bug, but I already update AI to the latest version (CC 22.1) and the problema remains… This is really frustrated. Can you please, help?

I'm sending images in attach.

Best regards,
    Rute

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keyboard dosent register shortcut

My Illustrator CC 2018 (last update) has a bug with the keyboard. It happens after couple of hours working on a project then the keyboard doesn't register any shortcut from the panel. The only way to fix this is to restart my Mac. Is there solution for this bug?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Menus are too large

This is only an Illustrator problem where the drop down menus and dialog pop ups are way too large compared to the rest of the user interface. I've tried every solution. Running this on Windows 10 Pro on a 2K screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Guides preventing "Delete Empty Artboard"

1. Mac OS 10.12.6
    2. Delete art from artboards try to delete empty artboard
    3. Expect empty artboards to be deleted
    4. Nothing

If I delete guides that cross those empty artboards, artbaords can be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base