3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extremely slow "export for screens" and saving

I'm suffering a performance reduction in my workflow thanks to the latest update (23.0). I usually have at least five artboards per file project--sometimes up to 20. I used to export designs within 30 seconds and now it takes up to 5 minutes.

I haven't change anything in terms of hardware or workflow. My exports are slow no matter if the file goes to the server or to my hard drive. This is driving me crazy!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SVG files can not be opened in Adobe CC / Illustrator 22.1.0 (Mac OS, High Sierra)

I have been successfully exported / imported SVG files in the past. Just recently I had to re-install MacOS and Adobe CC suite with Illustrator, Photoshop etc. I just noticed I can not open SVG files in Illustrator anymore. They can be opened in Photoshop but not in Illustrator. If i try to open them in illustrator, I'm seeing prompt where I can choose if I want to import the file in text, PNG (!) or some other formats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator exits isolation mode on save

1. Windows 10 x64, Illustrator CC 22.1 65-bit

2. Enter a group in isolation mode. Save the file.

3. Illustrator saves the file and remains in isolation mode.

4. Illustrator saves the file and exits isolation mode.

This is the same as https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34778884-saving-document-should-not-kick-you-out-of-isolati, but filed as a bug as per https://forums.adobe.com/message/10553605#10553605.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sierra, Illustrator crashes when saving and working

iMac Pro, OS Sierra. When you save the file filename.ai Illustrator crashes. When working with a file after about 30 minutes, it flies without saving all the work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import of images with Version 4 ICC color profile (P3) corrupts image colors on macOS 10.13.5

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1, macOS 10.13.5
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Get an image with newer ICC profile like P3 (wide gamut). Such are screenshots from newest iOS devices (e.g. iPad Pro, iPhone X)
    2. Drag to canvas or import file into Adobe Illustrator
    3. Observe actual result (see screenshots)
    4. Compare with file open in other apps (InDesign, Sketch, Preview for mac)
    Expected result: images should be visually the same
    Current result: build 22.1 completely corrupts colors. Image is barely recognizable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Losing Layers when saving as PDF from CC 2018 and reopening in CC2017

Losing Layers when saving as PDF from CC 2018 and reopening in CC2017.
    We save all our ai files as "Illustrator Default" PDF's so we can see the layers in Acrobat and come back and modify the file in ai with no concerns. After updating to CC 2018 and saving a file the same way making sure to preserve illustrator and create acrobat layers when opened in an older version of ai (CC 2017) we will not see the file with layers. If opened in 2018 all is good. Never had this issue with CC 2017 when someone opened it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Intermittently, Illustrator does NOT save the file.

Intermittently, when I save a file (using Ctrl-S or File > Save), the existing file is NOT saved. This has caused me to lose work.

The Illustrator UI thinks that the file has been saved - the File > Save option is greyed out. When I look in the file's location on disk, the existing file shows an older file date and time; the last time it saved successfully. There is a new file with the expected date and time and the extension "t".

I can do a "Save As" which works. I can make some trivial changes…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save Adobe PDF compression resolutions are mixed up

When you go to Save As and select PDF, and go into the Compression tab there are three sections of settings for image qualities and resolutions, Color, Grayscale and Monochrome. The bug is that the Monochrome Bitmap settings are ignored and grayscale settings are used instead.

If you look at my PDF export settings screen shot you will see that Monochrome was supposed to export at 600dpi and Grayscale at 200. The Monochrome image in the resulting PDF file came out at 200 dpi instead. The Grayscale image came out at 200 dpi as well.

Thanks! Hope it gets fixed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Slow/Won't Export/Won't Save

Have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC and the errors and error message are constant when exporting and saving.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Raster images appear at 72dpi on an artboard with 300dpi raster effect settings (scaled too large)

raster images brought into Illustrator always seem to appear at 72pdi, and are scaled too large relative to an artboard with 300dpi raster efects. There is no way to set images to appear at the desired resolution, instead requiring you to manually adjust their size with the transform tools.

A 300 pixel wide png appears on the artboard scaled 4.17 inches/105.8mm wide. It's too big and blurry if you print it. You have to down-size it manually with the transform tools... awkward.

The desired behaviour is for raster images to appear scaled on the artboard at an appropriate size relative…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator CC 2018 (Mac) "Beachball of Death" Crash Anytime I try to Save! HELP!

I've seen this issue in other spots but can't understand why it's not resolved. I've attached an error log in Word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. placed images resolution wrong

When you place a 300ppi .jpeg or .png into illustrator it shows at 72ppi.
    When you place the same image but saved in .psd it shows correctly at 3000ppi

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Jagged edges and gohst dashed lines when exporting

When exporting a dashboard to jpg or png some gohst white/yellowish outlines appear.
    I use plain color without outlines but the outlines appear while zooming in the screen and when I export the artwork. The problem seems to be related to black color

Also, I used a plain dark red and it is exported as stripped lines fill .

I attach examples of exported images. They were exported with the best quality. I updated the software today (november the 2nd 2017)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Serious Bug: Corrupted Files

When I load my files that I previously created AI 2017, into AI 2018, some of them load properly, at least as far as I can see, but some of them are giving me an error. The corrupted files show me a dialog box for Text Import Options. If I click Cancel, then the file doesn't load, but if I click OK, then it shows no images, but instead shows the following:
    vtiencoding:SR|utf8-nl
    vti
    timelastmodified:TR|14 Sep 2017 22:38:49 -0000
    vtiextenderversion:SR|12.0.0.0
    vti
    cacheddtm:TX|14 Sep 2017 22:38:49 -0000
    vtifilesize:IR|131211
    vti
    backlinkinfo:VX|
    If I save it in 2018, then the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transparency mask not displaying correctly, exporting error

When using transparency mask, strange bars of masked areas appear in the artwork. This error occurs in when I export the graphic as a jpeg, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Illustrator won't open more than one file at a time.

I have version 21.1.0 (64 bit) running on Windows 10 (more system details in attached png). I am not able to open more than one file at a time. What happens:

1. I open a file.

2. I double click to open another AI file (other file opening methods have same results).

3. Nothing happens. One file remains open. I might see the spinner mouse for a sec but the second file never opens.

4. If I try to close the first file, leaving Illustrator open, and open a new file, Illustrator becomes unresponsive and I have to close it via the Task Manager.
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. FILE Corruption - Illustrator will not open AI files. Adobe CC/Windows 10.

just trying to open AI files to work in ILLUSTRATOR. POS won't open. After reboot, won't open. How was the subscription model supposed to be better?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export For Screens rememebers destination location (like 24.1.3 and earlier)

EXPORT FOR SCREENS: In Version 24.2 onwards, Illustrator exports the file to the same folder as the source AI file.

If I change the destination location, it reverts back to the same folder as the source when I reload Illustrator. Before this version, it would remember the destination location. I like to keep a separate folder for all exports, separate from my AI files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. “Save As” now selects not only the filename but also the extension

The selected area as of now was only the filname without the extension. That allowed you to simply give the file a new name. Now that the whole field (including the extension) is selected, you should give your new file an extension manually.
    That should be corrected.

P.S.: If you export files then this „behaviour” doesn't occur.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transparent PNG exporting fine but gives black background when importing

I used Illustrator 24.1.1 to export transparent PNG images. I can use these images in other programs and as web images but when I want to use them in Illustrator again it opens with a black background. I've tried to copy and paste the images, I've tried to place it and even to open it and then drag it to my workspace. Nothing works. I'm using Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base