Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. freezing after using brush tool

seems like this program is not going to work, just updated after being away from PC for 3 months (for work). Using brush tool freezes program. can use hot keys to change mouse, also can save. But can not move canvas, zoom in/out or continue painting.

windows 10 64 bit.
    illustrator 22.0

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vectors and Paintstrokes Destroyed by Opening in AI CC

Files on Adobe Illustrator CS5 when opened in AI CC are totally distorted and altered. The live paint feature was eliminated from AI CC and so I assume this is why my lines are interpreted as choppy and broken even though they are coded as vectors is CS5. My paint strokes also have distortions and artifacts in them, making the piece unrecognizable from its former iteration and requiring hours of work in hopes of fixing it. The inability for simply being able to maintain old works from earlier versions of illustrator is a mind blowing oversight. AI CC is not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Files Breaking on Save after creating Saved Swatch Library

Illustrator v22.0.1: We use art tiles to create repeat prints for textile printing. There is a bug that cause my original .eps files to become garbled after I have used that .eps file to create a saved swatch library. STEP1.png shows the original art file and its save options. STEP2.png shows creating a pattern from the art and its associated settings. STEP3.png shows saving the swatch library (I removed all of the standard Illustrator swatches as they are unnecessary for the custom swatch library). After saving the swatch library, I save and close the original art file. STEP4 shows what…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would need the file to recreate and investigate.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

4. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export As SVG with 0 decimals fails in handling closed bezier curves

When using “Export for Screens…” or “Export As…” for exporting an SVG and setting the number of decimals to 0, the exporter succeeds in encoding primitives like rects, ellipses, circles and polygons, using only integers for their coordinates – but when your artwork contains any closed bezier curves (e.g. drawn with the pen tool or derived from a font) the resulting path elements will look something like <path d="M0,0Z"/> or <path d="M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0Z"/>

What’s surprising about the bug is that the export of non-closed bezier curves works just fine.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create a new Illustrator file
    - Draw a custom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wrong raster exported with combination of mask, gradient and brush

I have path with a stroke applied to it.
    Stroke is gradient, applied 'within'
    One point of this gradient has opacity 0.
    This path has mask.
    Mask applied as inverted and clipping.
    Inside this mask I have path with dash brush applied to it.

All of this looks fine inside AI.
    When I export a picture with Save for web (try other exports yourself, I don't use them) — AI doesn't see mask.

See animation and artwork attached.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color cracking after update..

1. version 22.0.1

2. (After update new version) when I move object or screen(use Hand tool), colors are cracking like attached files...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D Extrude + Bevel = FAIL

3D extruded rendering is an absolute fail on Adobe CC 22.0.1

It's 2017 (nearly 2018) and still, Adobe can't get Illustrator to render text in 3D without undesirable results / unwanted artifacts... c'mon guys!

Let's "FUSE" the engine to make 3D type in illustrator more powerful and display more accurately without errors.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Adding a workspace crashes Illustrator

Illlustrator CC 2018 - build 22.01

Document with 5 A4 workspaces side by side, adding a new A4 workspace makes Illustrator crash immediately. No saving, no warning no nothing ...
    The only way I can find is making a new dociument with the number of pages you need and copy the artwork. Good luck if you have several layers, and you have to redo everything if you need one more page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D

White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D. Is there any solution to fix this.

Version: Adobe Illustrator 22.0.1

Expected result: 3D effect of the text layer without white lines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PDF file objects and font look different than in the .ai file

Hello!

I am having an issue with Illustrator that no one from Adobe could fix so far after several tries and more than a few weeks. I have recently been working on a batch of packages (both in CC 2017 and CC 2018) and every time I save the .ai to PDF (any of the versions 6,5,4 etc.) some strange things happen (sometimes all of them, sometimes only one):
    - the font seems bolder than it actually looks in the .ai file (even if it is converted to outlines or not) - img 11 - 13 (from 2 different files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. cannot merge layers

version 22.0.1 brand new download of illustator

The action cannot complete because a parameter is invalid.
    (possibly a program error) ......... this is what i get when trying to merge layers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't make a copy of existing line

Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit) Windows 10

I had a vertical line I wanted to move and copy. I tried dragging it with the alt key pressed and it only moved without making a copy. I tried the Move dialog and clicked the Copy button and it again only moved wihout leaving a copy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transparent lines at beginning and end of Gradient Slider

Changing the Opacity of any Gradient Stop in the Gradient Slider to less than 100% appears to add 1px transparency grid lines to the left and right of the Gradient Slider preview.

In my screenshots, 100% Opacity displays correctly. 99% shows the transparency grid display bug on the left an right of the slider.

The lines do not scale with the palette.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Objects not moving

Objects are not moving. This is a persistent issue when is adobe going to fix it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. center Resize handles disappear when setting guides from the rulers

When setting a guide by dragging from the ruler, the center resize handles of a selected object (the handle it is directly in the middle of a selected object) disappear. A short cut i used to use often is if i wanted to find a centerline of something, i would create a temporary square between two points, then drop a guide at the center where the resize handle is because i know that is the center of the two points.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding Vector Points after using Eraser and Scissor Tools

When I use the eraser and scissor tools Illustrator decides to add points to my existing shape. In the image I have attached all lines should be straight or have a slight curve on the corners. I did not add those points and didn't even know they were there until I zoomed out. I just updated Illustrator to its current version. If someone else is having a similar issue or know how to fix it please let me know.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search for Paragraph return vs Forced Line, and selecting the line afterwards

Paragraph return vs Forced Line, and how to select a line vs paragraph.

Find and replace from within Illustrator has a popup to select Forced Line Breaks, ^n is the common notation in a find field. But does not have one for a more common Paragraph Return.

You can copy the hidden paragraph return and search for this. The search field will show a blank space, not the standard ^p that is the common notation. So the search can work.

Now, Since day one with Macintosh. Click ONCE for a point, Click Twice for a WORD, click Three times for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "File --> New" or "Ctrl+N" fails to create new file in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit)

After opening Illustrator, I'm only able to open existing files. Trying to create a new file by clicking "File --> New" in the menu, or clicking "Ctrl+N" results in a brief pause, but no new artboard or new file appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CC2018 Illustrator Multiply with CMYK colors and Windows 10 Fall Creators update (solid color)

The latest Windows 10 update (Fall Creators) bugs out the Illustrators Multiply option when in CMYK setting. The Multiply option becomes a solid color instead of transparant and reacting with bottom color. When converting to RGB it works as intended and photoshop for example shows correct multiply in CMYK.

current solution: revert back to older version of windows 10.
    ideal would be: adobe fixing issue

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base