2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart guides does not align to compound shapes.

Smart guides do not align to compound shapes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Left Mouse Button Single Click Acts Like Double Click

This only seems to happen in Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and Adobe Bridge. I'll single click on a file to select it and it will open as if it has been double clicked. This happens intermittently. I've checked all the mouse settings and nothing has changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creative Cloud has potential ports leak (Activity Monitor)

When starting Creative Cloud, and Viewing Activity Monitor in macOS the ports show an normal average number around 600. Yet the Creative Cloud ports don't stop there every 15 seconds they increase by 1-3 on avg. I have had them reach 10,000 and that when it starts causing problems with my MacBook performance. if I let it would just keep climbing endlessly. this need to be addressed asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have notified the concerned team about it. since this issue is not about Illustrator I am closing the bug.

4. color on screen looks different if cmyk or spot

this is a problem i found in illustrator, indesign and photoshop cc.
    i create a gradient, say from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0). (the color is not important)
    than i create another gradient, from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0), but spot color.
    than i active 'overprint preview'.
    on screen, the 2 color look different, and it's wrong.
    we have the same color, the same gradient, so it MUST look the same.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcuts not working, update cc 2018

I was using CC fine the other day, and now I've updated to the latest version (2018) none of my shortcuts are working, only the space bar works for moving around - very frustrating since it takes away my whole workflow and adds loads of time to creating something very simple!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Views, unlocking layers

"Custom Views unlocking layers"
    Hi, I found something that I believe that wasn't supposed to work that way. I made a "Process" describing what's happening, but my point here is that I didn't expect the Views Feature to unlock layers, I thought it was only supposed to change the Zoom and view location.
    Process:
    1- Create a New view with everything unlocked
    2- Lock some Layers.
    3- Activate your view.

Result: Everything gets unlocked

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Realign Canvas function blurs artwork

When using the function to realign/sort canvases — including the embedded artwork — the artwork is placed on subpixels, although it was pixel perfect before. This bug appears in the pixel-preview mode, no matter when on CPU or GPU mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rotating Guides

After rotating a guide with any angle thats not a 90 degree one. Illistrator will not allow me to either rotate it again or move the angle guide. This feature does not work when zoomed in at at least 902% or higher. However, when I zoom out to at least 901% or small, it works normally again. This makes work a lot more time consuming constantly zooming in and zooming back out again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No touch workspace

In Illustrator CC 2015 (and 2017 & 2018) the Touch Workspace is missing.
    The graphic tablet works correctly (pressure, dynamics) but the Touch Workspace is missing.
    All the relevant tips I've found in Internet was followed, with no result.
    There's a manual way to enable the touch workspace.

Ironically, the touch workspace was present in Illustrator BEFORE I bought the graphic tablet.

System:
    Mac Mini late 2012, using Boot Camp, Windows 10 (latest), 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD Evo850
    Graphic tablet: Huion DWH69 (latest drivers)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Please refer to our system requirement for a supported configuration. We do not support/test touch workspace on boot camp and an external tablet.

10. freezing after using brush tool

seems like this program is not going to work, just updated after being away from PC for 3 months (for work). Using brush tool freezes program. can use hot keys to change mouse, also can save. But can not move canvas, zoom in/out or continue painting.

windows 10 64 bit.
    illustrator 22.0

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Vectors and Paintstrokes Destroyed by Opening in AI CC

Files on Adobe Illustrator CS5 when opened in AI CC are totally distorted and altered. The live paint feature was eliminated from AI CC and so I assume this is why my lines are interpreted as choppy and broken even though they are coded as vectors is CS5. My paint strokes also have distortions and artifacts in them, making the piece unrecognizable from its former iteration and requiring hours of work in hopes of fixing it. The inability for simply being able to maintain old works from earlier versions of illustrator is a mind blowing oversight. AI CC is not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Files Breaking on Save after creating Saved Swatch Library

Illustrator v22.0.1: We use art tiles to create repeat prints for textile printing. There is a bug that cause my original .eps files to become garbled after I have used that .eps file to create a saved swatch library. STEP1.png shows the original art file and its save options. STEP2.png shows creating a pattern from the art and its associated settings. STEP3.png shows saving the swatch library (I removed all of the standard Illustrator swatches as they are unnecessary for the custom swatch library). After saving the swatch library, I save and close the original art file. STEP4 shows what…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We would need the file to recreate and investigate.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

13. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export As SVG with 0 decimals fails in handling closed bezier curves

When using “Export for Screens…” or “Export As…” for exporting an SVG and setting the number of decimals to 0, the exporter succeeds in encoding primitives like rects, ellipses, circles and polygons, using only integers for their coordinates – but when your artwork contains any closed bezier curves (e.g. drawn with the pen tool or derived from a font) the resulting path elements will look something like <path d="M0,0Z"/> or <path d="M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0H0M0,0Z"/>

What’s surprising about the bug is that the export of non-closed bezier curves works just fine.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create a new Illustrator file
    - Draw a custom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wrong raster exported with combination of mask, gradient and brush

I have path with a stroke applied to it.
    Stroke is gradient, applied 'within'
    One point of this gradient has opacity 0.
    This path has mask.
    Mask applied as inverted and clipping.
    Inside this mask I have path with dash brush applied to it.

All of this looks fine inside AI.
    When I export a picture with Save for web (try other exports yourself, I don't use them) — AI doesn't see mask.

See animation and artwork attached.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color cracking after update..

1. version 22.0.1

2. (After update new version) when I move object or screen(use Hand tool), colors are cracking like attached files...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3D Extrude + Bevel = FAIL

3D extruded rendering is an absolute fail on Adobe CC 22.0.1

It's 2017 (nearly 2018) and still, Adobe can't get Illustrator to render text in 3D without undesirable results / unwanted artifacts... c'mon guys!

Let's "FUSE" the engine to make 3D type in illustrator more powerful and display more accurately without errors.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

18. Adding a workspace crashes Illustrator

Illlustrator CC 2018 - build 22.01

Document with 5 A4 workspaces side by side, adding a new A4 workspace makes Illustrator crash immediately. No saving, no warning no nothing ...
    The only way I can find is making a new dociument with the number of pages you need and copy the artwork. Good luck if you have several layers, and you have to redo everything if you need one more page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D

White lines appearing on the text when we apply Extrude and Bevel effects in 3D. Is there any solution to fix this.

Version: Adobe Illustrator 22.0.1

Expected result: 3D effect of the text layer without white lines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PDF file objects and font look different than in the .ai file

Hello!

I am having an issue with Illustrator that no one from Adobe could fix so far after several tries and more than a few weeks. I have recently been working on a batch of packages (both in CC 2017 and CC 2018) and every time I save the .ai to PDF (any of the versions 6,5,4 etc.) some strange things happen (sometimes all of them, sometimes only one):
    - the font seems bolder than it actually looks in the .ai file (even if it is converted to outlines or not) - img 11 - 13 (from 2 different files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base