Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8343 results found
-
Image Trace Preview doesn't work
Image Trace window lets you adjust advanced preferences (color county, angle threshold etc.) When I tick the "preview" box, then image traces according to my selected preferences. But after un-ticking the box it does not return to a normal rasterized image.
5 votes -
5 votes
Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator -
Illustrator CC - Lags constantly every attempt to do something in my layers
I have been using Illustrator since macOS Sierra and it was decent in regards to performance not perfect though. Now since MacOS High Sierra Illustrator just destroys my workflow, I waste so much time waiting for the pin wheel to go away just so that when I attempt to move the cursor to interact with a layer is comes right back and i'm waiting again. . . and then at time it will crash (this is good I make backups)
I would find it hard to believe that a relatively new MacBook Pro should have no problems handling an 600mb…
5 votesWe haven’t heard from you for a long time.
Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html .
Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.Regards,
Mohit -
Library Drop Down Fails (Creative Cloud not specific to Illustrator)
Drop down fails using Illustrator (or PS) and Creative Cloud Libraries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhPEVZpS0k4
Fix is to open Library window wider, or right-click.
5 votesI am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. -
[PARM] error?
I have Windows 7, 64bit, running Illustrator CC and all of a sudden today I am not able to use the text tool and when I try to use the select tool on certain areas of the file the error message comes up that I attached to this.
5 votes -
PNG files rendered from AE import as blank linked files in Adobe Illustrator
PNG files rendered from AE import as blank linked files in Adobe Illustrator
Steps to Reproduce Bug:
1. Render a PNG from AE using the default Output Module.
2. Place the resulting PNG into an Adobe Illustrator document.Results: PNG does not show in AI document as expected.
Expected Results: PNG would show as if it had been created/saved in Photoshop.
Note: Opening the PNG from AE and re-saving it from PS results in at PNG that imports as expected.
5 votes -
Unable to group
Unable to group something together. It give me the option to group but when I click it nothing happens, please update Illustrator there are too many glitches now.
Kind Regards,
Liam
5 votesI am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. -
Generate Vectors "Add Reference" on homescreen interfering with spacebar input
Stemming from this bug report: https://community.adobe.com/questions-652/spacebar-activates-enable-window-popup-with-new-file-1642239?tid=1642239&postid=7764732#post7764732
I am on Mac Tahoe 21.6.2 and Illustrator 30.8.1
The steps are very simple:
- Open Illustrator 2: Press spacebar
- The "Add Reference" file dialog pops up
This is the bare minimum to reproduce, however the file dialogue will appear if you:
- Open a specific file with Illustrator closed
- Upon opening your file, pressing space will still open the "Add Reference" dialogue, despite being off the homescreen/working in a file.
Attached is a screen recording showing this process. A current workaround would be to click Hide Suggestions, however I find Illustrator does not always remember…
4 votes -
アートボード名が分版プレビューで消える
再現手順
1. ACMYKモードのドキュメントを開く
2. オーバープリントプレビューに切替る。
3. 分版プレビューパネルでブラックをオフにする。
4. アートボードヒアリ上に表示されるアートボード名も消える。期待する結果
アートボード名が表示されたままになる実際の結果
アートボード名がページコンテンツのブラック成分と共に非表示になる。代替手順
実際のデータに対する影響は無い。利便性の問題だけなので特に対処する必要はない。アートボード名の表示を25%程度のグレースケールで表示しているために起こるものなので機会があればCMYK各成分が入った状態もしくは分版プレビューの影響を受けないように変更してください。EN
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open a CMYK document.
2. Switch to Overprint Preview.
3. Turn off Black in the Separations Preview panel.
4. The artboard name displayed on the artboard header disappears.Expected Result
The artboard name remains visible.Actual Result
The artboard name is hidden along with the black components of the page content.Workaround
This has no impact on the actual data. Since it is merely a convenience issue, no specific action is required. This occurs because the artboard name is displayed…4 votes -
オブジェクトの移動時にShiftキーやOptionキーを押した際にオブジェクトが表示されない
- Mac OS 15.6.1
- 選択ツール(V)でオブフェクトを選択し、ドラッグで移動中、Shiftキー(またはOptionキー)を押した
- 今まではオブフェクトをドラッグで移動させ始めてからShiftキー(またはOptionキー)を押せば、水平垂直および45度方向にオブジェクトが移動する様子がリアルタイムで描画されており、そうした挙動を想定していた
- バージョン30.8にアップデートした後、上記の3.とは異なる挙動となった。具体的にはオブジェクトを選択して移動させる際、オブジェクトを選択してドラッグしている最中にShift(またはOptionキー)を押すと、オブジェクトの表示位置が元の位置に戻ったまま固定されてしまう。オブジェクトを選択し、ドラッグせずにShift(またはOptionキー)を押した後にドラッグを開始すると、従来通りオブジェクトが移動していく様子が描画される。 オブジェクトの移動は最も多く使用する作業なので、大変困っています。できるだけ速く以前と同じ動作になるよう改善を求めます。
4 votesご報告いただきありがとうございます。
弊社側でサーバーの設定を変更いたしました。変更を反映させるため、お手数ですがアプリケーションを一度再起動し、問題が解決したかどうかをお知らせいただけますでしょうか。弊社側でも修正の確認は行っておりますが、お客様側でもご確認いただければ幸いです。
-
Memory usage continuously increases over time in Illustrator 2026 and is not released properly (macOS M4 Max)
Environment
- Adobe Illustrator 2026 (Desktop)
- Adobe Illustrator 2025 (for comparison)
- Apple M4 Max
- 64GB Unified Memory
- macOS (latest)
- GPU Performance: OFF
- Real-time Drawing & Editing: OFF
Workflow
I use Illustrator as a visual reference board containing an extremely large archive of linked images (not embedded). I arrange thousands of reference images on large canvases to compare composition, color, style, motion, and visual ideas. This workflow is essential for my art direction and animation production because spatial comparison is much more efficient than browsing images individually.
Illustrator 2026 performs significantly faster than Illustrator 2025 with this workflow, which is a great…
4 votesThe team has been able to reproduce the issue and are further debugging the issue, intending to push a fix soon.
-
CEP panel intermittently renders as blank/grey — content composited but never presented (Illustrator 2026 / CEP 12.1 / Apple Silicon)
Environment
- Adobe Illustrator 2026 (30.6.0), CEP runtime 12.1 / Chromium 99, AdobeCEP/12.1.0
- macOS on Apple Silicon; display at fractional HiDPI (CEP logs Zoom Html 1.250000)
- Custom CEP panel extension (Angular content)
Symptom
- Intermittently, on panel open, the panel shows as an empty grey pane and never populates for the remainder of the Illustrator session.
The extension page fully loads and renders: DOM is present, correctly sized, document.visibilityState === 'visible', OnLoadEnd fires. The host bridge works — adobe_cep.evalScript('1+1') returns 2.
The rendered pixels never reach the screen: setting document.body.style.background = 'red' produces no visible change in the panel, and DevTools…
4 votes -
Can’t change a gradient stop from swatches
There is a bug that stops you from changing the colour in a gradient stop from your swatches. The only way to get around it is to use the eye dropper tool. This is a must fix and has been missed on multiple updates recently!
4 votes -
Illustrator 30.6 repeatedly requests macOS "Access data from other apps" permission on every launch
Every time Illustrator is launched, it triggers a dialog asking for "permission to access data from other apps" that requires a click to continue working. Every time! This is nuts. Granting this permission once should be enough.
Illustrator (30.5.1, MacOS Sequoia 15.7.7)
4 votes -
Swatches are all white
my swatches are all white but when I click on a color it shows the actual color
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900HX (2.20 GHz)
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.6 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display4 votes -
Shift-clicking in Layers doesn't select range if filter is used
I have dozens if not hundreds of elements I need to select in a document. I can get them into a contiguous list in the Layers panel with a filter, but this breaks range-selection.
Screen grab attached, showing clicking behavior with the Shift key held down, with and without a filter in effect.
4 votes -
Viewport doesn’t get adjusted when I start editing text outside of it, like it used to do
Previously (like is shown in one of 2 GIFs attached, recorded in CS4), when I had my insertion point outside of the currently visible viewport, making any change into a text (or even pressing an arrow key to navigate it) would have the viewport adjusted to have the cursor in it.
Now it just won’t happen.
When we aren’t careful with noticing the current mod (text editing VS normal one) can hit hotkeys, hoping to switch the tool, and actually type some garbage (like it’s shown in the second GIF).Make it pan to the cursor, like it used to…
4 votes -
Multipoint Freeform Gradients Uneditable
Randomly all gradients in Illustrator with multiple points become uneditable, I cannot click on "Edit gradient" button and if I manage to it does nothing. Point on gradient temporarily come up when in Gradient panel, but disappears when I click off. I have reset the application numerous times.
4 votes -
Freeform Gradient is not rendered
When I try to make a freeform gradient, the colors don't show up. I'm not sure if this is just an issue with a preview or something else.
Using Illustrator 2026
4 votes -
Ai won’t change the fill of an object when using Shape Builder exactly according to rules
A minor quirk of the Shape Builder.
Following this post by Hanako Igarashi (hamko): https://x.com/hamko1114/status/2035911311763399048?s=20As per the post, when Shape Builder tool is selected, the color chosen in the Color panel, Swatches, or Color Picker, won’t recolor the selected objects (that is a big difference with Live Paint tools, that would recolor the selection, unless a 'Live Paint Select' selection is made), but use the set color to force on a result of the next Shape Builder Union operation.
This happens only when 'Pick Color From' option is set to 'Swatches' in the tool’s options (called by Enter)... and…
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?