Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8342 results found
-
Swatches panel not correctly displaying "Registration Black" swatch label, showing random characters, in a template file
Opening up a company template .ait file and Swatches panel not displaying "Registration Black", but instead showing random characters. Wanted to know cause, if can be prevented, and/or corrected. Also if this is just some odd bug.
We do have a central server location to access file since we do have in-office and remote workers. Everyone is instructed though regardless of location to grab files and work locally, but can not guarantee that this is done 100% of the time.
PC - Windows 11
Illustrator v28.7.10
Illustrator v30.2.1 - also check on another system2 votes -
Malha de gradiente
Estou tentando usar a distorção de envelope pela malha para criar um padrão de gradiente e ele não permite que eu altere a cor dos pontos de ancoragem. O erro iniciou apenas quando atualizei para a versão de 2026.
2 votes -
Spot Colors Won't Update In Linked Items
Spot Colors are not immediately updating for linked items when adjusting the color values of the swatch. The change will only show after a few seconds, when the file is embedded, or when overprint preview is enabled. Previous versions of illustrator allowed spot colors to be updated for linked items immediately. Spot color adjustments only immediately affect objects that are embedded or built within the file.
Using illustrator for color separations requires me to edit the appearance of spot white to be visible in different circumstances between film and art files.
2 votes -
Text object becomes corrupted and cannot apply gradient or appearance
Illustrator on Windows 11 sometimes turns normal point text into a broken area text object.
When this happens:
- “Convert to Point Type” does not appear
- The text behaves like a text box even though it was created as point text
- The Appearance panel cannot add a new fill (button is greyed out)
- Applying a gradient turns the text completely black
- Copy/paste keeps the corrupted state unless pasted as plain textThis issue forces me to recreate text manually and interrupts my workflow.
Please investigate the cause of corrupted text objects on Windows 11.I am…
2 votes -
Problema de visualización, capa de color rosa que aparece
tengo este error en illustrator, un problema visual (capa de color rosa) que aparece
macOs monterrey 12.7.6.
Versión illustrator: 29.8.4-
Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202026-02-27%20a%20la(s)%2012.14.25%20p.m..png 121 KB -
Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202026-02-27%20a%20la(s)%2012.14.25%20p.m..png 121 KB -
Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202026-02-27%20a%20la(s)%2012.14.06%20p.m..png 60 KB -
Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202026-02-27%20a%20la(s)%2012.14.06%20p.m..png 60 KB -
Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202026-02-27%20a%20la(s)%2012.08.33%20p.m..png 1441 KB
2 votes -
-
Problemas al centrar y alinear
Problemas al centrar y alinear, cuando quiero alinear algún objeto a mi mesa de trabajo se alinea fuera de? necesito ayuda para resolver este problema que me afecta mucho, incluso si alineo con un objeto clave no funciona :(
2 votes -
Problem mit verknüpften Bildern in platzierten Illustrator-Dateien seit Update 30.2.1
Seit dem Update von Adobe Illustrator auf Version 30.2.1 tritt ein Problem im Umgang mit platzierten Verknüpfungen auf, das zuvor nicht vorhanden war.
Beschreibung des Problems:
Wenn in einer Illustrator-Datei ein Bild platziert und als Verknüpfung (nicht eingebettet) eingefügt wird und diese Illustrator-Datei anschließend wiederum in eine zweite Illustrator-Datei platziert oder eingebettet wird, erscheint das verknüpfte Bild aus der ersten Datei in der zweiten Datei nicht mehr.
Das Bildfeld bleibt leer, obwohl die Verknüpfung korrekt vorhanden ist.
Erwartetes Verhalten (wie in früheren Versionen):
In vorherigen Illustrator-Versionen wurden verknüpfte Bilder innerhalb einer platzierten .ai-Datei korrekt angezeigt, auch wenn diese Datei in…2 votes -
Can't select all and use Outline Stroke directly, especially Clipping Mask items
Can't select all to Outline Stroke directly, some clipping mask items will be missing, then need to adjust one by one, very inconvenient for printing FA
By the way, i remember it works in previous version2 votes -
Unable to move Layer into Sub-layers
Illustrator makes no sense. I have a Layer full of vectors, but when I try to insert that layer into another layer to become a sub-layer, Illustrator refuses to acknowledge my request. In what world would prohibit me from such a simple task?
2 votes -
2026 Illustrator UI Bugs EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Seriously, do you guys even use your own products? These issues are not buried, they are very apparent. Take a look at the attached screenshots. Gradients have been broken for a while now.
Also, this new version is full of bugs. I have to restart Illustrator immediately after opening for the bounding box to work, half the time adobe fonts are broken and wont sync.
Windows 11, i9, 4080 super, 64gb ram, 2gb download speed... I have all the things you need for a fast and efficient workflow, but Adobe's legacy code mixed with all the new bugs from the…
2 votes -
My subscription keeps flagging that two people are using my account
I'm a small business and have always used Adobe products on two computers. On one computer I mainly use Illustrator and Photoshop, and on the other I mostly view PDFs or make minor updates. Sometimes I have several PDFs open while working. Now my subscription keeps flagging that two people are using my account, and days later I get logged out, which complicates everything. Because of this, I've reduced it to only one computer signed in and now use Chrome and other non-Adobe applications to view and update PDFs. At $799 per year, and likely increasing, its just not worth…
2 votes -
Illustrator Czech Locale Brush Anomaly: Extra Brush and Deletable Protected Brush
I found an inconsistency in the Czech locale of Illustrator (tested in v29 and v30, Windows 10, macOS).
When creating a new document in the Czech locale, there is one extra default calligraphic brush compared to all other 18 locales. On top of that, the default calligraphic brush that is normally protected from deletion (in every other locale) can be freely deleted in Czech.
2 votes -
New Glitch in Smart Guides, highlighting perspective grid-like points
Theres a new update glitch in smart guides, when I have an object selected, a bunch of perspective grid-like highlights.
This setting is connected with object highlighting in smart guide settings. If i shut off object highlighting in Illustrator>Preferences>Smart Guides>Object Highlighting, the issue stops.
Seems like just a new bug glitch in a recent illustrator update.
2 votesClaimed to be fixed in Beta 30.4.0.187 — please update and check if the problem is gone.
-
Script selection/appearance modification causes error 8702
I am using a script to change the appearance of an object (fill color of an ellipse shape). Since there is no way to access appearance properties directly (which would be lovely to get someday), I am using a known workaround with defaultFillColor on the selected document.
app.activeDocument.selection = [item.obj]; app.activeDocument.defaultFillColor = item.newCol;Unfortunately, the selection seems to leave Illustrator in a weird state, and any further script command (e.g. next iteration of the loop) fails with "Error 8702: there is no active document."
This sometimes goes away if I use CPU instead of GPU preview, though not reliably. And…
2 votes -
Dateien sind verloren gegangen
Ich habe von 16.40 Uhr bis 19.30 Uhr alle meine Fortschritte verloren, aufgrund eines nicht erklärbaren Fehlers. Ich bitte dringend um die Wiederhersetllung dieser Dateien!
2 votes -
App crash while using pen tool causing total file loss
I had made a copy of the file attached and drew it for hours. And suddenly when using the pen tool the whole app crashed and caused me to lose 8 hours of work. Extremely disappointed.
2 votes -
文字が欠ける原因を知りたい
Adobe イラストレーターからPDFに変換する場合、CubeとMicrosoft PDFでは正常に変換できますが、イラストレーターで「別名で保存する」でAdobe PDFを選んで変換すると、写真のように文字が欠けてしまいました。今までも長い間同じ方法でやっていたのですが、今回、こんな現象が現れました。対処の仕方を教えてください。
2 votes -
GPU warning every time I open a file
GPU warning every time I open a file, this occurs since last actualization 30.2.1 (64bits), on a Win 10 PC
2 votesExpected to be fixed in the latest 30.8.0.7 Beta build. Please update and check if it now behaves as it should.
-
Illustrator stops responding when opening files with nested Grid Repeat objects
I use Adobe Illustrator. I've been trying to open saved files its stop responding. This issue been two days. I tried restarting, but nothing worked
2 votes -
Illustrator crashes when triggering an action to flip an object horizontally or vertically.
I think I’ve finally narrowed this down!
I’ll cut to the chase:• macOS Sonoma 14.7.5
• Illustrator v30.2.1• Custom Action #1: Transform Panel > Flip Horizontal
• Custom Action #2: Transform Panel > Flip VerticalTriggering Actions #1 or #2 with the play button in the Actions Panel - or a hotkey linked to the action - is successful if:
• The Transform Panel is open in a Panel and is the Active Tab
• The Transform Panel is completely closed (triggering the actions then open the Panel floating somewhere in the workspace)Triggering Actions #1 or #2…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?