Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

941 results found

1. Custom Views, unlocking layers

"Custom Views unlocking layers"
    Hi, I found something that I believe that wasn't supposed to work that way. I made a "Process" describing what's happening, but my point here is that I didn't expect the Views Feature to unlock layers, I thought it was only supposed to change the Zoom and view location.
    Process:
    1- Create a New view with everything unlocked
    2- Lock some Layers.
    3- Activate your view.

Result: Everything gets unlocked

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. cannot merge layers

version 22.0.1 brand new download of illustator

The action cannot complete because a parameter is invalid.
    (possibly a program error) ......... this is what i get when trying to merge layers.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Windows Panels resize at applications restart

Not sure if this is a Windows issue or a new AI 2018 issue. The problem I am having with all 2018 Adobe products is that when I enter back into AI after restart my Window Panel properties are all collapsed even though my saved work-space is saved with all of them always expanded. This causes me to go through every window panel and expand it. Not a huge deal but super annyoing and a time waste. This is happening consistently. I am running Win10- pro with the latest AI CC update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. It would also be helpful if you can share your workspace on sharewithai@adobe.com

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

5. as if the shift key is stuck (all functions and operations)

After installing the new version, when in Illustrator, shift key has to be held down or things don't work. It's as if the shift key is pressed and I have to press it to release it, if you know what I mean. If I try to select a new tool and click it in the tool panel - nothing happens. If I hit the shift key and do the same again - works fine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Layer Options Color Changes/Problem

I use Illustrator on an iMac. With the upgrade to CC 2018, the following happened:
    1) In the Layers Palette, all layers colored Cyan changed to Yellow;
    2) All layers colored Magenta changed to Cyan.

By itself, this is not a terrible problem (disregarding Yellow as a terrible layer color to begin with!) The problem comes when I try to change them back.

When I open the Layer Options for a particular layer, I used to hit 'Tab' to take me to the Color, then 'C' to get Cyan. Now, it brings up a Custom window that I have to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end. Would it be possible for you to share the file with me if it is happening in some file consistently? you can share it on sharewithai@adobe.com and tag me in the mail

Thanks
    Anish

9. New Illustrator 2018 UI is not correct-missing panels and won't set workplace

This is what I get when opening the new Illustrator CC 2018. Wonky, slow to respond, no panels, workplace will not appear. THings lag and disappear randomly. Terrible!
    On WIN 10 Enterprise 64 byte Dell Desktop Nvidia Quatro K4000 video card. 4K monitor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

10. When clicked on file>export, the menus closes.

Operating System: MAC High Sierra

When clicking on export under FIle menu the menu closes, This is not expected as this might happen by mistake before the sub menu has opened.

This is also not consistent with photoshop file>export.
    In photoshop when clicked on export menu under file, the menu will not get closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My Illustrator CC window will not minimise into the dock?

Hi,

Not sure where to go with this one but I have just upgraded to Adobe CC and noticed that I'm unable to 'Minimise' the window in Illustrator and also noticed that it won't do it in InDesign but Photoshop does minimise (ODD!)

All it will do is when you double click it fills to fit screen and then the opposite.

I have posted this onto the forum and others have mentioned that they are also experiencing this problem.

(I have turned on the 'Double -click a windows title bar to minimize' in the System Preferences)

Please could you help…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Character Properties Disappears in "Draw Inside"

Can't access the Character Properties (like changing font/size/line height) while in "Draw Inside" mode. I have to create/edit text in my main layer and cut/paste it in the "Draw Inside" object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

13. I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything.

I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything before the menu appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

14. Properties Panel allows to edit Transform values when there is no selection

The panels still show you properties even if nothing is selected. So you can tweak them all you want, just to notice you’re actually not modifying anything.

If nothing is selected they should be disabled

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Vectors disappearing

When working on art-boards with a lot of vectors, not all of them show up. It's as if it can't handle working with that many.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tools panel always in 2 colmun mode

Whenever I start Illustrator the Tools Panel is always in 2 columns mode, regardless of how it was when I last closed the application. I much prefer the 1 column mode so I have to change it every time.

Strangely this bug no longer happens if the "Show the Start Workspace when no documents are open" is enabled. Trouble is, I want it disabled that since makes Illustrator start faster.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wacom Cintiq major problem

Wacom Cintiq and Illustrator 22.0.1 doesn't work. Cintiq cursor is stopping to respond after 2 seconds. In other apps it works without problem. Issue appeared after latest update.
    Wacom drivers are up to date

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Getting error while opening illustrator. Workspace missing.

Get an error while starting the illustrator. Workspace is missing as well. Even if I reset the workspace nothing happens. Nothing happens when I select an already saved workspace. Please figure this out ASAP cannot complete my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Unable to select rotated Guides at high zoom levels

when the zoom-level is 14800% and higher I'm unable to select or move the guides

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

20. Illustrator menus won't scale down on external monitor for Lenovo Yoga

I am running Illustrator 2018 on my new Lenovo Yoga laptop. I am using external monitors and when using Illustrator on those external monitors, the menu's are bloated as if they were still retaining the "touch enabled" versions rather than the standard desktop versions. This is very annoying and I would greatly appreciate a fix. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base