Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

942 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. If you want to turn it off, you need to switch to some other tool. Or you can remove it from panel by the flyout menu.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, then please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

2. Asset Export Panel Empty

Unable to use "Asset Export" because the panel is empty. Help please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "New Document" window doesn't scale on Windows 10

On Windows 10, the "New Document" window (reachable from the "Get Started" window by pressing "Create new...", for example) doesn't scale according to the scaling set in Windows display settings.
    Set to 250% (Windows recommendation), the window looks fine.
    Set to smaller values, the content doesn't fit in the frame. See attachment (200%).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mouse click sticking

This problem only seems to happen in Illustrator. I have not seen this issue when I use Photoshop.

Clicking with the mouse, does not always work as expected. It is almost like there is a long delay before the release is detected, resulting in a drag operation. Sometimes I see the spinner appear after I click. I have tried a different mouse, same issue. In the video, I am only ever doing a quick click, without moving the mouse.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Issue when typing in the font name field to find a font

v. 22.0.0
    iMac 2017 on High Sierra

I use English and Greek keyboards on my Mac.

Very often I start typing in the Fonts field to find a specific font.
    If the keyboard is set to Greek when I start typing, I delete anything I have typed, use the keyboard shortcut and start again.

The bug is that the shortcut to switch keyboard language doesn't work while I am doing this.

I have to grab the mouse and go on the Mac's menu bar and do it there, then go back in illustrator and start typing again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. dialog box size

On Windows 10, using 2 screens.
    The dialog boxes for Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver display far larger than the window, meaning I'm unable to reach most of the options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pasting non english text from Word

v. 22.0.0
    iMac 2017 High Sierra

Pasting some Russian or Chinese text from word, in my case, and then trying to change the font, collapses the font samples popup menu so I am unable to do it.

I figured it was some formatting the text had from the word file because the same scenario but with unformatted text from TextEdit app, didn't trigger the bug.

Still it is very frustrating having to copy my texts to TextEdit first!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug in entering number values in transform panel

Version: CC 22 (and has happened in previous versions)

There is a small bug that happens often when using the transform panel. I use it a lot to move and size objects with precision. Many times, I will want to move an object with the X and Y values. I will type a number, press enter and a completely different number value will automatically appear in the box and move it to that value. For example, I want to move an object to 4.25" in the Y axis and after I press enter, a value of 36.0833"…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now obvious the issue was not fixed fully. The developers are aware of it now. Let’s hope it will be fixed soon enough.

If you have a solid order of steps which reproduce this behavior, share them in comments, because only some machines are affected. Please help the team to isolate it.

10. Input boxes handle keypresses inconsistently

This is an intermittent bug.

When typing in input boxes I find that performance can be inconsistent. Sometimes, the cursor will jump to the end of the string inside the box, so I end up appending after the unit (e.g. "406 px+7"), which then errors.

Another example is the input box just not inserting characters at all. It seems especially prone to missing arithmetic characters such as + or - or /. For example, I meant to type "300+100 px" but instead it ignores the plus and displays "300100 px", which then error because it's too big.

I've attached a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dual Screen - Prompt window display on the wrong screen - Mac

The prompt dialog display window constantly display on the wrong screen even after repositioning to the main display.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Properties panel does not scale in width

In Illustrator CC 2018 (Windows), the Properties panel does not scale in width, so it can not be grouped with other panels (when switching, all panels become equal to the Properties panel in width).

In the transformation section of the object in the Properties panel, you can not change the size proportionally using the Ctrl + Enter shortcut. In the Transformation panel, you can do this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Zoom options in View menu items have completely wrong labels

There's an absolutely bizarre off-by-two error in the View menu in Illustrator CC 22.0 that I just noticed while working on something today.

When initially starting Illustrator CC 22.0, the "Fit All in Window" and "Actual Size" items in the View menu have the correct labels (see attachment zoomoptscorrect.png). However, once a file has been opened, these menu items are assigned completely wrong labels, which should belong to the items two spaces lower in the menu — "Hide Edges" and "Hide Artboards", respectively (see zoomoptswrong.png).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Open" button not responding first time

After the recent update, with the new layout of the home screen, I have to click the "Open..." button two or three times before it opens the file explorer window. It acts like it is being clicked, but then nothing happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom.

Hiya. I have an issue with the Selection tool and the rotation handle functionality overriding both scale and shift+selection of other objects while using a Wacom.

Essentially, the rotation functionality tolerance seems to be 2-3 times higher than when using a mouse, which means that I have to zoom in far in order to either scale or select a nearby object.

This behaviour has been in every version of Illustrator since the original Illustrator CC - which behaved flawlessly.

I've also had it occur on 2 different computers with 2 different Wacom devices (Intuous 5 and Cintiq 13HD) and multiple…

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

16. Toplayers in layer panel flip open when opening files, even after closing them when closing the file.

Files with a lot of layers that have sublayers should keep their toplayers 'closed' to keep things orderly and manageable. Now every time I open a file, AI flips most (not all! why?) toplayers open, thereby showing all sublayers, making the layer panel a superlong list and cluttering view. I always have to start by manually closing them all again. rinse and repeat after closing the file.... There seems to be no structure as to which toplayers get flipped open and which stay closed, so it is not a pref setting it seems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

17. Right click menu location bug. Win10 200% scaling.

When I do right click, coordinate of context menu location doesn't double and located at the center between of cursor and top left corner of the workspace. This bug happens at all CC versions support Hi-dpi displays. Absolutely clean Windows, Illustrator, no plugins.

https://youtu.be/WySXd6viYac

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

Surface Book crashes within minutes of starting drawing in Illustrator 2018. Have done a complete diagnostic check of my machine with Microsoft online and there are no issues there. What should I do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UI Not Scaling Down

After updating to the 2018 version of Illustrator, I found that the UI wasn't scaling to the proper resolution. I expected it to be proper & have smaller buttons & such. In reality, all of the tools & toolbars are bloated like it's scaled to 200%.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Illustrator CC 2018 V22 bounding box/ changed file but not saved symbol

The bounding box dissapear when moving screen with SPACE, and A STAR symbol not appearing after modifying object

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base