Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

666 results found

1. Character Style Options won't save font size as (for example) "4.8", reverts to "4" on file reload

Character Style Options won't save font size as (for example) "4.8", reverts to "4" on file reload

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unwanted characters appearing when outlining text.

When using Type > Create Outlines, there is a chance of unwanted characters appearing.

Attached is a file where the error is reproducible. Notice how an additional "d" and "g" appear with you outline the text.

This file was created using Ai CC v22.0.1 and according to forum posts ive found, this issue has existed since CS4 or possibly earlier.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Visible Text unable to be edited.

While trying to edit a line of text in illustrator, i couldn't select it. While i could see the text in preview mode, in outline mode it does not show. After saving and reopening the file, the text is editable again and visible in outline mode. This has happened to me for years, it just happened a lot today and got on my nerves. pics below of the issue. same section of the file, just different view modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An undo feature for Create Outlines and Expand

An undo feature for Create Outlines and Expand

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set Area Type width to larger than 13.888 inches via Type->Area Type Options... dialog

Though the type tool can draw area type boxes of any size, the width property of the Area Type Options dialog box can only be set up to 13.888 inches. This means that for any wider area type, whenever you change a property within the Area Type Options it will be resized to 13.888 inches wide.

This is not a new problem as seen in this thread started in 2010: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/701249.

I often work on area type larger than this seemingly arbitrary limit. If I adjust the columns, gutters, inset or any other property found within the Area Type…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

8. Cursor navigating with arrow keys not moving

When modifying text, the cursor no longer moves with the arrows (left, right, up, down) on keyboard. I have to click with my mouse everytime now.

This just occurred today. Please help!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Slow Type Performance

I just recently updated to 22.1 running on Windows 10. I have a list of names that was copied from two columns (first name, last name) that was copied from an Excel spreadsheet. I'm trying to remove the tabs between the columns and replace them with spaces. Once I hit the backspace key it takes approximately 5 seconds to perform the backspace and another couple of seconds to add the space. This is a list of several hundred names so it is unmercifully crippling. Other operations outside of type are somewhat laggy but not nearly as bad. I cleared out…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Selecting font for styled text

While trying to change the font of a styled text box by scrolling throgh the font list, the list glitches and closes. Sometimes selecting a different font randomly and sometimes there font of the text box stays the same.
    Happening on multiple files with different-styled text. The issure does not seem to happen while working with regular-styled text.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

11. can't copy text of typeface name from character panel

selecting a typeface's name in the character panel and copying it gives you "Myriad Pro" when pasting.

This is not a consistent bug. Sometimes when trying to re-create it actually pastes the test of the right typeface you are trying to copy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AltGr key not working

AltGr key does not work as intended, it currently only produces a Ctrl+Alt keypress. On many European keyboard layouts it is used to type e.g. characters @, [, {, |, \, ~, and currency symbols (€, $, £). The only way to circumvent this is to use e.g. Notepad to type in the characters and copy-pasting them, which is a nuisance. All the other Adobe CC apps - just as basically every other Windows app in the world - use AltGr as intended, so why does not Illustrator?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AltGr is supposed to be equivalent to Alt + ctrl.
    At present, when we press e.g. AltGr + E while writing text, we check if any command can handle it and if yes it is not passed to application to handle key event. That’s why existing commands are triggered on those extended char shortcuts.

If we want to change the behavior that while writing text key shortcuts (e.g. AltGr + E) should write extended character, Then we will have to sacrifice all the text contextual shortcuts we have at present in app e.g. ctrl + alt + I does something. All those commands would stop working.
    This is the reason why we are moving it to the feature

13. Type On Path bug with OpenType-SVG fonts

• Apply a text to a curved path.
    • Apply a color font like Trajan to the curved text. This results in incorrect glyph rotation.
    • The rotation issue is no visible with CFF glyphs.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Emoji rendering issues

• Some emojis like 🎉or 😟show up as two undefined glyphs when pasted from the clipboard.
    • However, the 😟 will show up when inserted from the Glyphs palette.

To replicate, simply copy/paste these emojis on a text using the Apple Color Emoji font.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text lost when updating text of old version

Illustrator CC 2018.(No problem before 2017)
    Updated text disappears when opening a file of old data such as version 10 or lower by a specific operation and updating the text portion.

・Prepare and open files of version 10 or lower
    ・To confirm whether to update the legacy text on the warning screen, click [OK] to not update
    ・Save immediately
    ・Open the saved file
    ・Click on the legacy text part with the mouse
    ・On the warning screen, click [Update]
    → The text that should have been updated disappears

Reported in the thread of Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401111

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

16. Deleting segment of path for 'Type on path' and than undoing it gives wrong result

I have type on path.
    I delete one segment of the path, and text is now overflowing.
    I undo deletion, path got restored, but text does not — it is still trimmed, and I have to NOTICE this and drag end marker back.
    'Undo' must restore previous state fully.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

17. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 23.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Font point size change

In the new CC 2018 release, when changing font point sizes, the program registers every keystroke entered in the font size field of the character box. For example, if piece of text is set to size 10, and you want to change it to size 15, entering "15" into the character panel changes the font briefly to size 1, until the 5 is entered and then it changes to 15. When undoing this change using command-z, the it requires two keystrokes to return from 15 to 10, because the first undo returns it to size 1, and the second then…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

19. Ultra-slow cycling through font names with arrows and focus in Font Family field

When I try to cycle through font family list with focus set in Font Family field, it takes about 1-2 second for AI CC2018 to change both name and actual font for selected object (but it does it as ultra-fast when you drop down this field!) AI CC2017 does it a bit faster (0.5-1 second).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. font favorite

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1

I updated my Illustrator App, and of course, I had to migrate all my templates over to the new CC2018 folder. Why do you make us do this EVERY update?

Additionally, ALL of my Favorited fonts were lost. Ive spent so much time sifting through my fonts to favorite fonts in each class. Now, after the cc2018 update, all of my favorite font filters are gone. Why would you reset our font filters on this update? It seems you guys come out with more bugs than features in all of the Adobe CC software I use,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base