Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

661 results found

1. Text on path gets selected when you marquee over empty space

When I need to select something under the arc, like it’s shown in the GIF attached, I can use marquee and the the type object gets selected.
    Why?
    Did I click the path? No.
    Did I click the text? No.
    That’s just the 'Illustrator’s way'. Can you make an option to disable this nonsense?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ultra-slow cycling through font names with arrows and focus in Font Family field

When I try to cycle through font family list with focus set in Font Family field, it takes about 1-2 second for AI CC2018 to change both name and actual font for selected object (but it does it as ultra-fast when you drop down this field!) AI CC2017 does it a bit faster (0.5-1 second).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Font Filter

Using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018.

I have the filter on for all font classes but when I click the similar fonts icon "No results found" comes up.

First image result in CC 2018. Second image result in CC 2017

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. Font point size change

In the new CC 2018 release, when changing font point sizes, the program registers every keystroke entered in the font size field of the character box. For example, if piece of text is set to size 10, and you want to change it to size 15, entering "15" into the character panel changes the font briefly to size 1, until the 5 is entered and then it changes to 15. When undoing this change using command-z, the it requires two keystrokes to return from 15 to 10, because the first undo returns it to size 1, and the second then…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. Words get broken when hyphenation is off with no hyphens

Illustrator (since a long ago) has a habit of breaking words in area type texts when it should not. Take a look at the test file and watch the attached GIF.

As you can see, the second word is a long one, and Ai for some reason breaks it — although Hyphenate is off (and the language is properly chosen).

No hyphen also is displayed at the end of the line, the word is just split.

If we toggle the Composer from Single-Line to Every-Line, Ai at first correct the tracking and fits the word... but once the container is…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 合成フォント使用時、パス上文字アウトライン後の文字の回転・変形

ver 26.2.1
    パス上文字ツールで作成した円弧上の文字をアウトラインかけると勝手に回転、変形がかかります。
    以前のバージョンでは問題なかったので大問題です。早急に対応願います。

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  PCM Maro responded

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「合成フォントが使用されているパス上文字をアウトライン化した際に、一部の文字が正しくアウトライン化されない現象」の再現を確認いたしました。

こちらの問題は曲線パス上の文字の角度によって、再現の有無があるようです。

また、ノーマルフォントの場合は再現しませんが、単一フォントのみで作成された合成フォントでは再現することが確認できました。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

7. Some variable fonts get expanded in parts

If you apply a stroke to a live text using Acumin Variable Concept, Myriad Variable Concept, Minion Variable Concept fonts, the stroke stays solid.
    If you expand these, glyphs are united.

However, if you do the same with Bahnschrift, Cascadia Code, Clash Grotesk Variable, Source Code Variable (and perhaps some other fonts), you get glyphs partitioned.

To workaround this, we can use Pathfinder Add effect... but it won’t help if you have different fills applied to your characters.

Why the results are different? why Illustrator treats some variable fonts as a collection of sub-parts, but others stay wholesome?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Numbers disappear in text box when creating outlined text

On illustrator CC 2020 updated windows 10
    creating a text box with text and numbers.
    Aligning paragraph direction in right to left (middle eastern text alignment)
    Right click on text box
    Create outlines
    The numbers will disappear
    In the attached file there is a live text and an outlined one when the numbers disappeared

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

10. font finder/Missing font box keeps loading and unable to activate missing fonts

Find Font box not working. Example i am missing fonts and when i open that menu it shows the fonts used in the document but the missing ones just have a loading circle next to it and it never stops.

Also the Missing font box. When i do have the fonts and want to Activate them they will never activate, It just loads for 10mins and stops with out loading the fonts.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Can you please let us know if you are still facing this issue? Also, is the Creative Cloud running fine on your machine when this issue happens?

Thanks
    Anish

11. On applying tracking via Properties panel, Illustrator issues like Tracking of complete paragraph changes , Bounding Box gets invisible

MacOS, multiple versions, multiple hardware configs
    Illustrator CC2018 & 2019

This has been reported on a number of other posts, but seems to keep being reposted as new entries, rather than upvoted.

Since CC2018 the ability to adjust tracking in Illustrator has been broken. This appeared to begin with the introduction of the Properties Panel in CC2018, but the issues extend to the 'normal/traditional' Character Panel as well.

When adjusting tracking on a single letter or group of letters, the program will glitch and the adjustment value shown in the panel will not reflect the value being incremented. Moreover, deselecting…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

12. Selection tool not working with Text

Intermittently, the selection tool isn't working with my text. For area type, the bounding box will disappear (and "show bounding box" is enabled). When it re-appears, often there is a lag between when I move the text and when the bounding box follows it. If there is no lag, it is not uncommon for the bounding box not to move at all.

OR my selection tool will (on area type) act only like a direct selection tool. And the transformation controls on each side of a rectangle of the type box will disappear. All I can do is use the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are facing this issue no more on Latest Illustrator released version .Hence marking this issue as resolved.

In case you are still encountering this issue.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com .Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

13. Spellcheck underlines things that are OK

The dictionary Illustrator uses is quite poor it seems, especially for non-English languages.

But what’s more important, Ai always wants me to make each first word capitalized in a line after a soft-break. Hey, do you know soft break is not a paragraph return, right? It means just a new line, not the end of a sentence.

Just stop. It makes the Spellcheck completely useless.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Font Height Options misbehave with rounded fonts

Recently I started to notice that some of the fonts I use make wrong result when x-height or cap-height is used to set a font size.

I clearly see that the height is of, by eye and the underlying grid, but Character palette says otherwise. I outline the font, I measure glyphs and I get smaller dimensions.

Take a look at the file and the picture attached.

When fonts with straight terminals are used, everything is fine. Visual dimensions match metrics precisely.

But when a font with rounded terminals is used, like two examples at the bottom, things go weird.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We are not able to reproduce this issue in house. ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide a video recording , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Warm regards
    Aishwarya G Gadodia
    Illustrator Team

15. 異なるバージョンで、文字の間に「ー」が出現する

macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
    Illustrator 2021 v26.0.1

1 v25.2で、テキストボックス内に「株式会社○○○」と打つ
    2 v26.0.1で開くと、「株式会社ー○○○」のように、テキストに全角ハイフンが現れました。
    (書体:A-OTF 新ゴ Pro)

--添付データ-----
    「1.ai」→v25.2で保存したデータ

「2.ai」→「1.ai」をv26.0.1で開いて保存したデータ

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    こちらの問題が修正された Illustrator 2022(ver.26.0.2)が、製品リリースされました。 みなさん、ご協力ありがとうございました。 こちらのトピックは対応完了とさせていただきます。 コメントはオープンにしておきますので、何か問題がありましたらご報告ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  16. Fonts Syncing

I just upgraded my computer to the Macbook Pro 2021 M1. I downloaded the latest versions of Adobe and noticed none of my fonts will sync. I've tried posted troubleshooting methods and none have worked (closing and restarting apps, reinstalled apps, multiple computer resets, unsyncing and resyncing manually, etc). Any time I open an Illustrator project with previously used fonts that aren't native to the app, it prompts me to sync but the load wheel just keeps spinning and will never finish.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

17. Type Tool is very slow - Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

I recently update Adobe Illustrator CC to the latest version (CC 2019) and the type tool is painfully slow. Every time I try to use it, I get 15-20 seconds of the pinwheel before the cursor shows up. Once the tool is finally activated, everything takes a prolonged amount of time (5-10 seconds to type a letter, etc.) Thanks for any help.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Syncing font from Typekit never works

When opening a file that I have used Typekit fonts in, the missing fonts dialog box tells me they are missing, but are available to sync from Typekit.
    I have tried the following to restore my fonts

1. Press "Sync" from the missing font dialog box inside illustrator. (this does nothing. it loads forever and never updates my fonts)
    2. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts.
    3. Close file. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Re-open file.
    4. Quit Illustrator. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Launch Illustrator. Open file.

NOTHING works.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all of you who had contacted us. Here is the solution

Kindly try the troubleshooting Steps mentioned on Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html .
    If above mentioned link does not resolve your problem Kindly collect the logs as mentioned in the e link and get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

NOTE: For Myraid pro refer to the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1638311

19. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 23.1 which is available worldwide now.

20. ドキュメントのラスタライズ効果設定が300ppiの場合でもApple Color Emojiが低い解像度でラスタライズされる

macOS Ventura / iMac27inch i5/32GB/1TB
    Illustrator ver.28.3(カラーフォントに対応したバージョン全てで同様の挙動だと思われます。)

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. テキストツールを使いアートボード上をクリックしテキスト入力モードに
    2. 字形パレット上で任意の絵文字をダブルクリック
    3. アートボード上のポイントテキストに絵文字が入力されるので、サイズを15pt程度に設定する。
    4. メニューより「書式→アウトラインを作成」を実行する。
    5. ビットマップ系のカラーグリフのフォントなのでビットマップに変換されるが、アウトライン前の表示に対して著しい解像度低下が起きる。

想定していた結果
    アウトライン化後もアウトライン前と同程度の品質のビットマップとしてラスタライズされる。

実際の結果
    72ppiでラスタライズした状態になる為、ドキュメントのラスタライズ効果設定にて300ppi等の高解像度設定を行っている場合、想定した品質のものにならない。

AppleColorEmojiフォントは各グリフをpng形式で持つカラーグリフフォントです。Illustratorはこのフォントを表示するために、当フォントが数種類内包するサイズ違いのStrikeの内のもっともピクセル数の多いStrike8を利用してレンダリングします。これは各グリフが160px×160pxのサイズで、上記の手順での表示品質を充分担保できるサイズと言えます。
    しかし、アウトライン化の際、Illustratorはこのフォントが持つpngデータを利用せず、一律で「RGB/72ppi/アンチエイリアス無し」の設定でラスタライズします。そのせいで本来フォントが持つディテイルが失われます。「ドキュメントのラスタライズ効果設定」が300ppiの場合15piのグリフは60px×60px程度のサイズでラスタライズされることが期待されるのですが、72ppiで処理される為に半分程度のサイズとなります。
    アウトライン化という意味では埋め込み画像を生成する際にフォントが持つpngを読み出して配置するのが理想であると考えます。しかし、ドキュメント解像度にあわせたラスタライズ処理を行うという処理も合理的ではあります。
    いずれにせよ、データの品質を担保する意味でもドキュメントのラスタライズ効果設定に応じた処理をお願いします。

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base