Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Editing Adobe PDF Presets crashes Illustrator

When trying to edit a Adobe PDF Preset in Illustrator it crashes on hitting OK to save. I have tried deleting all preferences and uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator but no luck. For most things this would not be an issue since I can overwrite most setting by saving it in InDesign and overwriting with the same name (Why can't we do this in Illustrator?) This is happening on Illustrator version 26.0.3 on Mac OS 12.0.1 Intel iMac. I have added a quick screen grab. It doesn't matter what I try to edit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Applying Recolor to selected instances of a symbol recolors the original symbol

If I want to change colors for selected dynamic symbols, using Recolor will affect not local colors, but the original symbol.
    This makes little sense. If I wanted to change the original symbol, I'd edited it and made the changes directly to it. If I have a selection, I mean to change symbols in it only.

To workaround it I can isolate my selection by locking/hiding objects I don't want to affect and use Select Same commands to recolor parts of symbols one at a time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Vectorisation doesn't work as with CS6

Before I could vectorise a file (for example this one "SourceFile.gif") and the relsult was like the attached one "VectorisedFile.ai" with the fonction "Image trace" and it works with the 2 following option "line art" or "technical drawing".
    Why doesn't it work anymore ?
    Thanks for your following answer!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Illustrator 26.3.1 loses Libraries after computer wakes from sleep

Using Illustrator 26.3.1 , if you have your illustrator open and set your computer to sleep, the next time you wake it up and try resuming your work, libraries will be blank and say "Install Creative Cloud Library". If you restart Illustrator, it works fine until the next time you sleep your computer. Version 26.2.1 does not have this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Blend Modes Hotkeys are broken

Illustrator allows users to set custom hotkeys for blend modes, in Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools, right in the very bottom.
    Aside from direct commands for each available blend mode, there are two contextual keys: Next Mode and Previous Mode.

They don’t work as expected. Let’s make a simple test.
    1. Assign Shift+9 (displayed as 'Shift+(' — which is not correct, actually) for Previous and Shift+0 ('Shift+(') for Next blend mode.
    2. Put two colored shapes in a stack, to see what’s happening when you change modes
    3. Open Transparency panel, to see which mode is chosen (for some reason Properties…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Motifs are eaten on artboard on exit of using pattern tool

Hi please could someone tell me why this happens. When I exit the pattern tool by either clicking cancel or done. The motifs on the artboard are eaten away. Some times half of it or all of it, after exiting pattern tool. Sometimes text on the artboard gets filled with images. Like the text James was filled with the Noah image I have a video to demonstrate what happens but it won’t upload. .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SVG Export - Style Tag (Angled Apostrophe) Issue

Hi,

I have recently stumbled upon a random issue with exporting SVGs from Illustrator (Desktop). I am recycling some previously used assets that I know work fine and are fully compatible with Articulate Rise (the eLearning tool I import the SVGs to).

For some reason, within the last week or so, something has changed. Now when I try to import my SVGs to Articulate, I get an error saying the file type is invalid. Having investigated this with the Articulate support team, we discovered that during the export process, Illustrator is adding a random invalid character (this one (`)).

See…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

9. Repeat-> Mirror grayed out after expanding symbols

I used the symbol sprayer to spray image symbols. Then I expanded the objects (until I couldn't expand anymore). I selected all the object and tried to mirror them but the menu item is grayed out. All the menu items under "repeat" are grayed out, except for "options...".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Repeats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Automatic file backup missing?

Just updated to AI 26.3.1 and the new Automatic Backup checkbox is missing from File Handling preferences.

Running macOS 10.5.7.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Data Recovery is Disabled for This Document

Shortly after creating a new file, I receive the message "Data recover is disabled for this document due to an error in recovery process in last session. To enable data recovery, save this document with a different name.". I've not used any complex art and have not saved the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Illustrator 25.4.1 Generating constant 105MB log files into com.adobe.dunamis folder and filling up hard drive

When I am working in Illustrator, my fan starts to run and Illustrator generates multiple log files per minute in the com.adobe.dunamis folder. Each log file is roughly 105MB and before I was able to pinpoint what was going on, it filled my hard drive with 750GB of log files. If I close Illustrator and reopen it, it stops for awhile but I haven't been able to pinpoint what triggers the start of the log file generation – it isn't consistently doing it, but it does occur multiple times per day.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  14 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator keeps oversaturating the color space even though modes/swatches are set correctly.

When opening a file (usually with photography), illustrator will oversaturate all the colors regardless of color settings. Everything will be set to consistent CMYK settings but the colors show up so saturated and it's impossible to work in that space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Opacity mask editing mode is broken, changes made are not visible unless Clip / Invert option is selected

I am experiencing a very new issue with Illustrator: when I draw something upon an opacity mask, the effect is not shown in real time.

Never happened something similar before.

I'm trying different settings with CPU preview, and also the relevant flag in the preferences (Draw and modify in real time, under "Performance" tab, hte last line) but does not seem to affect.

This has been happening since the latest update.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

15. Recovered files folder appears after using Illustrator

Every time after using Adobe Illustrator and the next time I turn on my Mac, «‎Recovered files»‎ folder appears in trash can with different Adobe folders inside. What’s this? Why it’s happening? And how can I fix it?

macOS Monterey 12.3.1
    Illustrator 26.2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator not working correctly on large displays

I am encountering numerous problems with Illustrator that I have not had before. I noticed that they all seem to revolve around things like selecting endpoints or handles for curves. Transforming elements seem to no longer align with the pointer when expanding. All of these are hard to pinpoint and I see numerous other people complaining about the same series of problems that I am having. I believe that it all has to do with Scaling on Large Screens.

For example, I use 175% scaling on my LG 39" curved monitor. Trying to use the transform features after selecting an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2021,2022でpdf書き出し時に圧縮した画像に線出る

macOS MojaveからMonterey
    Mac Pro Late2013
    Illustrator 2021(25.4.3) 、2022(26.0.2)

1,Photoshopレイヤーで背景がない状態(背景を複製して元の背景を削除した状態)の画像をレイヤーがいきる保存形式(psd,tiff等)で保存。
    2,Illustratorに配置し(マスクはせず角版で。また、書き出しで圧縮が働くように画像は50%ぐらいに縮小)pdf書き出しをする。
    3,書き出し設定で圧縮とする。(プリセット[PDF/X-4:2008(日本)]でも可)
    4,Acrobatで書き出したPDFを確認すると画像の左右どちらかに線が発生する。
    5、印刷にも反映される。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Document won't save

Hi there.
    I have been working in a new file I created, and I am unable to save the file. I have tried exporting, and quitting such that illustrator asks if I want to save. Nothing happens. I am stuck here, as I will otherwise loose the work I have done. Any suggestions???

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fonts Syncing

I just upgraded my computer to the Macbook Pro 2021 M1. I downloaded the latest versions of Adobe and noticed none of my fonts will sync. I've tried posted troubleshooting methods and none have worked (closing and restarting apps, reinstalled apps, multiple computer resets, unsyncing and resyncing manually, etc). Any time I open an Illustrator project with previously used fonts that aren't native to the app, it prompts me to sync but the load wheel just keeps spinning and will never finish.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

20. Navigation bar info in lower left gets displayed in wrong location

I have 3 monitors.
    2 are 27" 4K resolution, and the third is a 24" XP-PEN Pen display (2560x1440), which is where Illustrator always starts and runs in full-screen.

Illustrator apparently cannot always figure out how to calculate all its object locations, since the navigation info on the bottom bar on each file open lands UP the screen, when opening an Illustrator document and Illustrator is in Maximized mode.
    See first attached screenshot.

If I then click the "Restore" button (upper right in any Windows app window), in effect forcing Illustrator to repaint its entire app area, then suddenly the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base