Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing Color panel option can’t be recorded as an action

Changing Color panel options can’t be recorded as an action
    When you record Color panel menu options in actions (Web color, Invert, Complement), the color gets changed to white instead.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 特定の条件でテキストの中窓部が斜線で塗りつぶされる

再現方法
    サイズA4で新規アートボードを作成
    「要冷凍」というテキストオブジェクトをサイズ15ptで作成
    このテキストにアピアランス「パスのオフセット:0.05mm」を適用する
    アートボードの座標をX座標 100mm、Y座標 -148mmに変更
    「要冷凍」テキストの座標をX座標 197mm、Y座標 -2.1mmに変更
    文字の塗り潰しが添付画像のようになる(座標は全て左上起点)

テキストをアウトライン化しても発生する
    どのようなフォントでも発生する
    同じような大きさの複合パスでも発生する
    線幅では発生しない

以下の環境で確認
    MacOS 10.15.7
    Adobe Illustrator 26.0.1
    Adobe Illustrator 25.4.2
    Adobe Illustrator 24.3

Windows10 Pro
    Adobe Illustrator 24.3(64bit)

通常作成される、座標(X0,Y0)のアートボードで、版面左上端にテキストがかかっている場所で発生するようだ。普通こんな位置にテキストは置かないが、アートボードの座標がたまたまY軸方向にマイナス(上)X軸方向100mmの位置にあると、版面の真ん中で発生してしまう。文字というより複合パスで発生しているようである。

対処方法
    アートボードの座標をリセットして、当該オブジェクトを適当な位置に移動して戻すと解消する。
    必要がなければ線幅で対応する。

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックにご協力いただきありがとございます。

ご報告いただきました問題につきまして、再現が確認できました。

「パスのオフセット」効果が適用されている文字の中マド部分の直線と、「Y軸 = 0」のラインが重なる場合に発生するようです。
    簡単に「田」や「A」の字で再現できました。

今後の開発進捗などはこちらでご報告させていただきます。
    よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

3. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Transform Each panel calculating center point differently than rotate tool for arrowheads AI 26.0.1

Lines with arrowheads are rotated off center when using Transform Each as opposed to rotating each separately using the rotate tool. The first screenshot shows the initial position. The next shows the position after using Transform Each. The next two show individual transforms of the objects in question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The colors in the closed file are persistently and almost forcibly trying to enter the palette.

Let's say a spot color was used in a previous work and somehow copied. Later, when the file job is finished and I start another new job even though I have closed it, the copied color in the closed file persistently and almost forcibly tries to enter the palette. I tried to describe it simply in the video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Textfehler: Worte werden unkontrolliert durch Bindestriche getrennt.

Zuvor angelegte Dateien, die weiter bearbeitet werden sollen, haben auf einmal etliche Bindestriche, die niemals angelegt wurden. Das Problem tritt bei alles Usern auf verschiedenen Computern auf.
    Wir können so nicht die Richtigkeit der Daten bei Weitergabe an Druckereien gewährleisten und haben aktuell eine Menge Mehraufwand.
    Das erste Bild ist aus der vektorisierten Datei (14.28.25), die eigentlich aus der offenen Datei (14.27.42) entstanden ist. Die offenen Datei hat seit dem letzten Update allerdings Fehler. Das ist kein Einzelfall. Der Fehler tritt oft auf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bounding Box disappears on moving object making it impossible to position objects with no stroke or fill

When moving shapes around the artboard, the bounding box disappears. This makes positioning objects with no stroke or fill almost impossible.

Video attached showing behaviour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dialog box pop up warning when opening the application for IllustratorGc.jsx

Illustrator version:25.3 (updated today to run natively for M1)

Hardware Specifications:
    MacBook Pro M1

I updated my Illustrator today to run natively on M1 and have been facing this issue for a while.

I changed none of my preferences but randomly seem to be getting this warning pop-up that does not go away when clicking on 'Continue' or 'Cancel' - I tried reinstalling the app which didn't work at first, so I removed my preferences and tried again but that did not fix it. It seems the warning pop-ups just when I open the application…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts "Export Text..." file missing tab delimiter under "Menu Commands"

Steps to repeat: go to Edit/ Keyboard Shortcuts/ "Export Text..."
    Then import the text file as a tab delimited data file in a spreadsheet of your choice.

In Excel: go to Data/ Get Data/ From File/ From Text/CSV/, select the shortcuts txt file, set the delimiter to 'Tab' and click 'Load'.

Look down the rows and at the menu commands...

Expected behaviour:
    Edit/ Keyboard Shortcuts/ "Export Text..." should give me a consistently tab delimited file. This means, in the spreadsheet you should see the shortcut in the next column to the command (same row).

Actual behaviour (on both Mac and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: View Grid (Dots 1px) Freezes Illustrator

Using a document grid using dots in small intervals (10px or 1 px intervals) makes Illustrator super slow or even stops working.

Bug appeared in 25.3.1 and is still present in 25.4.1. Tested on multiple Macs (Catalina + Big Sur).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Character Styles not assigning/sticking

For the last few versions, Character Styles won't assign to text. I've reinstalled at least three times, with and without preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Line breaks can be included in artboard names, causing errors

I'm using Illustrator 26.0.2 on Mac OS Catalina.

I often copy titles from the art and paste them into the artboard name box. If the copied title has a line break in it, the line break character will exist within the artboard name, but will not display. (You can tell it's there when moving the cursor via the arrow key, because the cursor will not move when passing the line break character.)

If there is a line break character in an artboard name and you attempt to export the artboard, you will get a generic error. ("Unable to export the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Illustrator Online Preview Bugs

Hi, I've been facing some problems with the feature that allows to other people preview the file on the web without Adobe. It's an important feature to my company since they can comment and review my work, yet there seems to have lots of problems in the formating. The first 2 images are from the Adobe Illustrator and the other 2 are from the online preview:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

15. Ver 23.3, When character unit is Q, spin button does not work properly with font size of character panel and control

Version : 24.3

1. Set the unit character to series (Q) in the environment settings
    2. Create point text and area text
    3. Change the font size of the character panel or control with the spin button.

In this operation, the spin button does not work properly, and the size can be changed only within a specific range based on the character size at the time of selection.
    In the property panel, it works normally.
    Even if you enter it directly, a value with decimal will be entered instead of the entered value.
    Other units are normal.

Original…

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

16. Ouvrir fichier

Illustrator n'ouvre pas la fenêtre du document mais le considère néanmoins comme ouvert, il faut redémarrer Illustrator pour que la fenêtre puisse apparaitre.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

19. Recent work thumbnails are missing on the welcome page

When I launch my latest version of the Desktop illustrator app there are no more visible the thumbnails of the recent work. Please bring it back.

Currently using Illustrator 25.4.1. (64bit) on latest update of Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Align / distribute spacing applies x10 multiplier in large-canvas document

Distribute objects doesn't work properly in a large-canvas document. In the example. I applied a spacing of 2 inches, but a x10 multiplier is automatically applied, so the spacing is actually 20 inches.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Align  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base