Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: mega huge printer marks in PDF copy

AI 25.4.1 / Win10

ACTION TAKEN:
    Saving a copy of A2 sized AI project as PDF file (print-production style).

RESULT:
    Extremely huge printer marks in PDF (see screenshots)!
    Tried several PDF versions in saving dialogue with same failed result.

WORK-AROUND:
    1. Verify artboard size (and PDF document size as well) several times, just to be sure if my mind works OK this morning. And it's working fine (sight of relief, :-)
    2. To make printer-ready PDF, original AI file was imported to InDesign (via import, cmd+D).
    3. Then, upscaled imported graphics to 100% (which made me guess than original AI…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resize tool fails to resize text above 1296 pt

Resizing a text frame using Resize tool or scripting API fails to resize the text within that frame if the resulting text would be greater than 1296 pt. This bug affects both the manual Resize tool and the scripting APIs (both resize method and size property).

To reproduce, create a text frame containing text at 129.6pt. Select it, then double-click the Resize tool and enter 1000%. This works correctly. Undo, then repeat for 1001%; this time the frame resizes but the text does not.

Using the equivalent JSX, the following fails to resize the text:

app.activeDocument.textFrames[0].resize(1001, 1001)

Setting the text…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't input search or rename Japanese in the Creative Cloud Library panel

• Windows 10 20H2
    • Illustrator 25.1

Can't input Japanese in the Creative Cloud Library panel.

• Input Japanese in the search box
    • Rename the registered library in Japanese

Checking with 3 PC.

Original message (written by Japanese) :

Creative Cloud ライブラリのパネルで、日本語入力ができません。

• 検索ボックスで日本語入力ができない
    • 登録済みのライブラリに対して日本語でのリネームができない

3台のPCで確認をしています。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Objects copied to clipboard are not preserving SVG Format as expected

Objects copied to clipboard do not have the same SVG formatting as previous versions of Illustrator when pasted as text to other programs.

Illustrator has a feature that lets you copy objects to your clipboard and paste them to other programs as SVG code. This is found under Preferences > Clipboard Handling > Include SVG Code.

2021 (25.4.1) isn't handling the SVG code as 2020 (24.3) and previous versions did. Instead of neatly formatted SVG code, you get an unformatted mess that is... just a mess. I don't know if this is even XML.

Is there some obscure setting that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Aligning a group of objects to an artboard

A bug in Align to Artboard. If I align a group of objects to Horizontal Align Center (to artboard), it's okay. But if the next click is Vertical Align Center (to artboard), all the objects of the group are aligned, not the group, but the seperate objects.

A workaround is to click somewhere else, and then click the Vertical Align Center. But it looks like a bug to me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Align  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The new simplify tool can't handle many lines

The new simplify tool makes Illustrator freeze when I try simplify contour lines in Illustrator that I used to do without any problem with the old tool. I've been waiting for 10 minutes now without any response from the app.

I'm using the latest Illustrator version (2021) and the tool is not working. Since the tool doesn't give you a dialogue box to press cancel or anything, it seems that I have to force quit Illustrator. This happens to all my files since they are pretty complex. No problem with old tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Random text disappearing from box

Big Sur 11.4
    Adobe Illustrator 25.3.1

When I open some of my ai files the text inside a text box disappears. If I try to create a new text box to replace that text it keeps disappearing. This only happened to me after updating to Big Sur. It's extremely frustrating as I haven't found a way to work around it.

First photo is how it appears when I look at a preview of the ai file before opening, second photo is what it looks like when I open the file. (Don't mind the black lines, I wanted to keep that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color discripancy between "View on CPU" and "View on GPU" on a Mac with M1 chip

I'm now running AI on a macbook pro with M1 chip.
    I noticed that when I switching "View on CPU" to "GPU", all colors became whiter and inaccurate (images inserted in AI became much whiter than the objects created and colored in AI).
    I've checked my older Macbook pro with intel CPU and AMD graphic card, the colors keep the same and accurate when I switch from CPU to GPU.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why does the envelope sign appear at the end of copy/paste text?

Example Copy/paste text:
    Why does the envelope sign appear when I copy
    text from somewhere else and paste it into
    illustrator?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shapes not rendering correctly at the intersections of curved and straight shapes

When creating shapes with the pathfinder or shapebuilder, there is a problem with rendering where curved and straight shapes intersect. I have tried multiple files, updated Illustrator, and even opened old files to discover that the rendering issue is there on files that were made ages ago without issue... so the problem is not with the tools, but with how these shapes are rendering. It's totally frustrating because precision work is impossible at the moment!

I do use snap to grid, but have tried with and without it. I have ensured that snap to pixel is off, as this causes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dimension fields in new document window tab through in wrong order

This is a really annoying mistake in Photoshop and Illustrator, probably others. When I make a new document, enter dimensions in the "width" field, then hit tab, it should move focus to "height." Instead, it moves to the units. This is just wrong. Seems like a minor nitpick, but this is just one of many small UI mistakes that make these expensive programs harder to use than they should be. Please fix ASAP. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy/paste SVG missing closing > bracket

Illustrator 25.3.1 64 bit Windows 10 v21H1

Copy/Paste in this version is now missing ending ">" closing bracket noticeably when pasting as svg directly into text based editor such as vscode or notepad.

Example:
    <svg id="Layer_1" data-name="Layer 1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 432 432"><rect width="432" height="432"/></svg

*note the missing greater than closing bracket. This has to be added manually on every copy/paste to editor.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inconsistent undo behavior when making a compound shape with a clipping mask

I understand this may not be as common a use-case, but while trying to figure something out, I was puzzled when undo did not return to the state I was expecting. Below are the steps to reproduce this issue:

Create a shape, such as a rectangle. Give it a color.
    Create a different shape and place it somewhere overlapping the first shape. Give it a different color.
    Select both shapes and create a Clipping Mask by right-clicking and selecting "Make Clipping Mask"
    You should now see only the overlapping parts of both shapes, as expected.
    Open the Pathfinder panel and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pathfinder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Asset Export including extra elements

When I add an item to the Asset Export panel and then export it, the exported graphic is including a lot of extra pixels that weren't part of the item/group that I added.

In the attached screenshots, I first added an item. Then, when I deselected my item, the panel added extra padding to the asset. Then, when I went to export my assets, there was extra padding on almost all of my assets. I opened them in Photoshop to crop them back down to size. All the files had some stray white pixels that are not in my AI…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The GPU preview renderer glitches out on distortion meshes when the canvas is rotated.

See title, really. It might just be on distortion meshes inside of clipping masks; that's where I found it and I didn't bother checking for any further details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. cannot delete or merge duplicate colors

My Swatches palette has multiple colors of the same name and formula. When I try to merge them, they don't merge.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text disappearing when outlined

When outlining text in Illustrator, some of the text is disappearing, as though under a clipping mask, The text outlines are present but the text is not visible.
    Turning the fill to overprint stops this happening, but I can't overprint white text....

I have tried on a brand new file, so there are no formatting issues. The typeface is irrelevant it happens on all types .otf or .ttf...

Illustrator 25.4.1 on Windows 10 pro 21H1, Build 19043.1165

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Area Type text stretching when transformed with another shape

When I transform an Area Type text box using the handles, it resizes the Area and the type fits according to paragraph settings - which is what I want from Area Type - (first part of video).

But if I transform at the same time as another shape, selecting both at the same time - the type resizes like point type, stretching and scaling with the box, which is not how area type should behave - (second part of video).

So I can't transform an Area Type text box at the same time, for instance, as a holding shape that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. exporting PDF files

You're phasing out eps files. I gather I should now provide logos files in PDF.
    However, I can't export each art board (I use artboards for the variations of the logos I design) as a separate file. I don't believe a client wants a multiple paged PDF for a logo!
    What do you expect our work flow to be?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base