Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

753 results found

1. How to set up a Brother Wireless Printer For Windows?

To set up your Brother Wireless Printer on your Windows computer you need to make sure you know the network setting and that the printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After you connect the printer to the network, you can follow the steps given below to set up it up with your Windows computer:
    • Step 1: Type “Windows + Q” in the search menu
    • Step 2: Search for “printer” and click ‘Printers & Scanners’.
    • Step 3: Click the ‘Add a printer or a scanner’ option.
    • Step 4: Select the Brother Wireless Printer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Program Unresponsive, gets confused & Forgets what is active, Illustrator Beta 25.5.360. Apple M1

Program will have items highlighted either in Artboard or normal view modes. Deleting stops working. Pointer moves. Re-Highlight stuff, and it will delete or accept type. It's like the program forgets what is active various things.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Type on path tool bug

After reopening an Illustrator document containing multiple circle paths with type on them the text is no longer on their paths but rather scattered all over and beyond the artboard. Please see the attachments.

When you try to fix the scattered texts by clicking on the path with the type to path tool it will indicate the text was created in a different version of Illustrator (which is not the case) prompting you to click ok. This will have the text look as it should again. However if you then save and re-open the file the texts will be scattered…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keyboard input in Properties Panel, Character section failure

Keyboard input in the Properties Panel will frequently stop working for me, and the only way to fix it is to restart the application. It's not a huge issue but it is quite irritating as I need to restart illustrator up to six times per hour to fix this.
    In detail: keyboard input for character related dimensions will stop working. I am still able to delete input, but cannot add input using the keyboard (the delete key is the only key being registered by Illustrator in the Properties Panel). For example, if my text is set to 35pt font, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2019 v23.0.4 running VERY Slow and doesn't function correctly

I am not sure what happened, but in the past week v23 has gone horribly wrong. I am not sure when exactly my computer updated to v23.0.4, but I'm sure that was the start to the problems.

When you first start the application, it seems to work just like it should, but then you give it a minute or load any sort of file, and it slows WAY down.
    Even creating simple boxes on an artboard will cause it happen. If you drag and size a box, it may actually do that, or it will decided to ask you the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. place lets me bring image in but then after resizing image it disappears

Windows 10 latest build, CC latest build, Illustrator latest build. Using File->Place with a .jpg brings the image in and allows me to place it in the workspace, but when I resize it and try to move it to the artboard the image disappears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator file showing "text import file" tab

when i launch my illustrator file, it showing text import file, and i click ok. nothing is shown, just blank artboard.. please help me.. it's my important file :(
    even though the file size is 1MB, but when opened it doesn't show anything

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PDF Import Problem

Opening a PDF in Illustrator 2019 23.1.1 - I select which page I want to open eg. 2 of 2, and it only opens the first page (not the page I wanted). No I'm not inputing the page numbers in the preview page panel (just in case you think that I am).

Import PDF pages as links is 'unchecked'.

Troubleshooting:

1) It works correctly if I open 'all' page with 'links checked'.
    2) It works correctly if I open 'all' pages with 'links unchecked'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Input Boxes Floating in the Workspace

Hi, since the 2019 release I have 2 floating input boxes in the workspace, I don't know where they belong but they werent there before. If I hover over the '1' it brings up a tooltip of 'Artboard Navigation'

See attached screensnip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

10. Bottom Panel disappearing in Full Screen Mode

Bottom Panel (Currently Layers or Artboard) disappears in Full Screen mode. Opening manually from Window>Layers or hotkey (F7) does not work. Will also disappear when Panel directly above is selected. Need to select panel at top of stack to make the bottom most panel appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fit to window (apple-0) doesn't take into rulers into account

Using 'fit artboard to window' on mac Illustrator 2018 doesn't work properly if rulers are shown.
    Expected: whole artwork to be shown, fit to window.
    Result: top of artwork is 'cropped off' by rulers if they are shown. If rulers are hidden, 'fit to window' works as expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opening a PDF Bug - Not visible until selecting workspace

I frequently open a PDF file in AI. Since updating to V24 (I run macOS Catalina v10.15.5 at the time of report, 6/15/20), if there are no files currently open, the artboard(s) will not be visible upon opening. I found a workaround, but it's still an inconvenience. To fix the issue, I select another workspace (which makes the file visible), and then return to my preferred workspace. However, the saved windows for that workspace are not visible until I zoom in on an artboard. After that, everything functions as normal and as expected, but the issue occurs every time I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Text center alignment off

I'm on the most up-to-date version of Illustrator (26.5). Whenever I try to center text within a box, the x and y coordinates are slightly off for the text. For example, say my box is at 100.5 px on the x-axis and 100.5 px on the y-axis. When I center the text over the box (using Align Objects tool), the text box coordinates are 100.6904 px, 101.2729 px. Before I updated Illustrator, the text coordinates would always match the box coordinates. Even though the numbers are only off slightly, it is visibly noticeable that the text isn't perfectly aligned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just updated to Illustrator 24.3 and now installed font only has a few letters

I updated to the latest version of Illustrator (24.3) and opened a document I had created in a previous version. Most of my text was missing. I checked and the font was still available and activated. I deactivated and reactivated and that didn't help. When I click the text, it gives me the message that "This text was created in a different version of Illustrator. Editing the text may cause some changes to your text layout. Basic formatting will not be affected. Do you want to continue?" The font is PeachyKeenJF. Only a few letters/numbers actually show up.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display wigging out when placing images

Displaying crazy in 26.0.2. When drawing or placing images, screen goes completely white or shows a strange box with an "x". No matter where i click, the mouse click will drag from the corner of the item on the artboard, scaling it.

Mac running Monterey 12.0.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Applescript commands error on Ai v25.1.

Applescript: Execute Menu Command & select all on active artboard (the only ones I documented) Fail on Ai v25.1 (MacOS Catalina).

Seems certain AS commands have broke with the newest update.

Multiple AS errors occurred on two Macs, both were fixed by downgrading to v25.01.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot turn off Middle Eastern feature. I am not in Middle East anymore. Type direction starts from R>L, and the numbers are in Arabic

I activated my Creative Cloud membership when I was in Dubai, UAE, and now I am in Germany. My Photoshop and Illustrator are automatically in a Middle Eastern setting. I do not speak any Arabic language so I don't need this feature. I managed to fix Photoshop, but in Illustrator, it is impossible! Even after changing my laptop region, creative cloud account's location, setting English as the default language, and re-installing the software, nothing has happened. It is becoming a nuisance, the texts start from R>L and the numbers are always in Arabic. How can I turn off this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Resolve Blinking Power Issues Netgear

When the users of Netgear face an issue where the power LED is blinking, then the steps which they would have to undertake are as mentioned below:
    • The users can turn off the Netgear router, most often this would solve the issue which the users are facing.
    • Try restoring the Netgear router to its original configuration. To get this done, the users would have to keep pressing the reset button which is located at the back side of the router.
    • If the error remains, it is suggested that you connect the PC directly to the router’s LAN…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Opacity Mask is acting funky. I paste in place an object. Exit Opacity Mask, and it's gone when I go back.

Having a bug where I paste in a graphic and neither clipping, nor invert work with my vector object. I then exit the mask to go back to the artboard, and when I go back my art is gone. I've updated all the apps for CC. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clipboard not working properly

When copying and pasting in Illustrator, the properties of the object/text etc are not carried over. The only way it seems to work is if you copy the item several times, which is getting tiresome and not practical if using the 'cut' option.

For example, if I copy and paste anything on 1 artboard, and try to paste in the exact same spot on another artboard (using Paste in place or paste in front/back) it doesn't paste in the same place. Also when copying text it doesn't copy over all the properties (size, font, colour etc). Even when copying objects…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base