Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

753 results found

1. Save for web can't save individual art board

Save for web: I can't export save for web with individual artboard. It's detecting the entire file.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Transparent items appearing as opaque

Shape ontop is 10% opacity but appearing as 100%, but off the artboard is back to 10%

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. X and Y in values in the transform don’t reflect the position of 2x identical boxes, -they are in obviously different position on alert boar

X and Y in values in the transform don’t reflect the position of 2x identical boxes, -they are in obviously different position on the art board...the reading is incorrect. It’s up to me to manually manage the alignment. I tried using ALIGN, The align option is useless. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR AGES. I always trusted the the NUMBERS, BUT NOT LATELY. The X and Y readings in transform are NOT TO BE TRUSTED. Hence great stress. Please FIX the BUG. LOST MY FAITH ..., I wish I could go Back to OLD BUT STABE CS6...CS6,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Illustrator Distortion of Template and final art

Yesterday morning or 3 prepress PC opened a billboard template, and it appeared distorted (Sketch Look). We checked all preferences and setting in both Illustrator and Windows and found no problems. Had artist build the billboard anyway. When the art was checked the numbers on the top and sides of the board extended beyond the live and bleed area. When doubled clicked on they came back within normal parameters. We check all Billboard templates with the other 3 prepress PCs and had no issues with the templates. Last night uninstalled and re-installed illustrator. The problem still exists. If I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Verification

I just paid for, and downloaded a new illustrator app three days ago and it's already not working, when I opened the app this morning it asked to verify me, so I added my email, password , it asked for phone number, verified that , no problem. Yet, once it was all done , a blank window with a loading symbol kept popping up every 4 seconds or so for hours, when I try to close the windows my entire app shuts down, I tried everything there is.. but I can't even uninstall the app. I'm really helpless here…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't recolour a shape or object

I can't seem to recolour shapes or objects in the latest version of Illustrator. Normally, I would be able to insert a hex code, press enter and it'll be done.

However, now, I have to insert the hex code and click on one of the other boxes for the colour to load before pressing enter. In this case, sometimes the wrong colour appears and I'd have to adjust the RGB/CMYK/HSB numbers to get the right colour. This happened when I was trying to insert a thistle colour and ended up with beige.

Even worse, I sometimes enter the hex…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Problem merging dates from CSV into graph

When merging data into an Illustrator file to create a batch of bar graphs based on a group of CSV files, numerical dates merge into the graph data as numbers with decimals instead of dates. A 6/30/16 date merges into Illustrator as 6.00 and 12/31/16 becomes 12.00, so every date with the same month appears the same. This also messes up the graph, leaving the chart with two categories instead of one of the data columns being assigned to the x-axis.

This includes when dates are formatted (in Excel) as text, and when the dates include hyphens or periods…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fonts not updating on the fly

Copied from my forum inquiry that I eventually solved on my own...

I am a type designers & I use illustrator in building & testing fonts as part of my production workflow. I use the same array of font apps along with my cc2019 suite on 2 different machines. One is a mac mini one is an imac, both are on the latest mac os.

On the mac mini, with Illustrator open I can see changes to a font immediately reflected in the document. In other words if I replace a .otf or .ttf font file installed at mac hd/library/fonts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Library panel button "Add Content" Disabled

When I have an object selected on the artboard, "Add Content" button is disabled on CC Library panel.

Also, when trying to add from Swatch options menu, I use the checkbox and select my libray, click the "OK" button but no swatch is added to the CC Library.

Illustrator version is 24.1 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Links Delay

iMac, Mojave 10.14, Illustrator 23.0.3

When I select any link whether it be on the artboard or on the links panel, it has a slight delay. Not sure when exactly this changed but it wasnt always like this, i was able to relink one right after another with zero delay and now im not able to do that. I have 2 Examples.

1. When I select a link file from the artboard, it takes about 2-3 seconds before its shown selected on the links panel. This is a problem because if i try to Relink within those 2-3 seconds, it wont…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Diagrams pasted from excel (office 365 version) to adobe illustrator on MAC cannot show correct font of numbers and characters

It seems that the original version of excel (such as office 2013 and office 2016) do not have this problem. However, diagrams pasted from excel to clipboard is correct. So there may be some problem in transfering diagrams from latest excel version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. illustrator CC 2019 selection by path only broken with symbols

1. In Prefs>Selection and Anchor Display check Object Selection by Path Only.
    2. Drag a symbol from the symbol pane onto the artboard. 2a. It needs to be one with a filled area.
    3. Choose the pen tool.
    4. Draw an unfilled, stroked path with an anchor point that is on top of a filled area of the symbol.
    5. Choose the Direct Selection Tool.
    6. Drag over the anchor point, making sure not to drag over any paths, just a filled area. Alternately, drag over a filled part of a symbol even without a path on top.
    7. Notice that the symbol becomes selected. It should…
    0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gradient panel - Angle tab flashing and temporarily freezing program

This is a new problem today - I have restarted Adobe and my mac and no fix.

Summary -

I have my panels displayed on my UI - The gradient angle tab (even when no gradient is applied) begins to flash repeatedly and quickly - This causes the program to freeze for the second it is flashing.

Further, once it has completed flashing it changes my tool randomly - I have had it change from move to artboard, from shape to pen, it seems random. Also the I have tried a different keyboard so it is not a bug in…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 34 35 36 38 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?