Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7484 results found

1. Crash when clicking on options in … (More Options) popup in the Properties panel

This one exist for at least a year: when object is selected and Properties panel docked to the right, click on the … (More Options) button in the Transform section. Then it either crashes immediately or when some option is modified (like "Scale Strokes and Effects").

I remember I reported that while ago, but got no reply and obviously no attention from support team.

Top of the crash report:

Process: Adobe Illustrator [44604]
    Path: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2024/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator
    Identifier: com.adobe.illustrator
    Version: 28.3.0 (28.3.0)
    Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [1]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-03-23 20:18:35.4441 +0200
    OS…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. MacOS 13.6.6, Illustrator 28.4.1 Substrahieren (Pathfinder) funktioniert teilweise nicht

MacOS 13.6.6, Illustrator 28.4.1 Substrahieren (Pathfinder) funktioniert teilweise nicht

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New document screen doesn't close upon creating new document, locking me out of program

The following issue has popped up a couple times now: I'll be working in Illustrator (Windows 10) and want to create another new document. I'll navigate to File>New and be faced with the New Document popup. I'll select my desired parameters and hit "create," and the document will be created behind the popup -- but the popup won't close, and I can no longer click the main Illustrator window to work behind it. I've had to use Ctrl-Alt-Del every time this happens; there's no opportunity to save work. (This has only ever happened when I've had Illustrator already open, never…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Flickering when zooming with animation after update to Illustrator 2024 28.3

I was trying to fix the insane lag in the previous version, even though I had all the drivers updated(I have MSI RTX 3080 and Ryzen Threadripper 3960X with 64 GB of RAM so it's not a performance issue).

After updating the lag got worse and when I zoomed in with the GPU enhancing features which is zoom with animation. The canvas was flickering when using the zoom shortcut CTRL+SPACEBAR. I then opened a fresh document and noticed this problem wouldn't occur. So the issue is the fact I had the view grid on on my other document.
    Also when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Illustrator 27.8.1 creates a pdf where the colour space of the custom profile is incorrect

Hello,
    I came back from holiday today and a colleague at work told me that she can't create PDF files from Adobe Illustrator with the output intent that it saves but reports a colour space error when opened in Adobe Acrobat. First I deleted all the presets but the error remained. I also tried creating a PDF file with other profiles (created by us) and the error was there for all of them. But if I used the default profiles from Adobe (e.g. Iso Coated v2), the PDF file can be opened correctly. Finally I downgraded Illustrator to version 27.7…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Animated Zoom not working properly - Blurry graphics when zooming or panning

I use animated zoom a lot, usually through the shortcut CMD+Space+Drag Mouse Left/Right.

I've been getting this bug of Blurry graphics for a couple of days, and it's really annoying. My current workaround is using Tab after image turns blurry, so the graphics "refresh" to its sharp state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alt + Shift hotkeys for menu commands in the latest version are broken

Any keyboard shortcut that uses both Alt and Shift sends Alt only when pressed.

So if you have a 'Alt + Shift + T' hotkey assigned to something, pressing it will open Type menu instead ('Alt + T').

Also, a hotkey that uses F-key with a modifier launches an action that is assigned to F-key without modifiers, but not the command.

I have an action that uses F3 for launch.
    Then I make a new keyboard shortcut for a menu command, assigned to Alt+F3.

I expect to run the command when I hit Alt+F3.
    Instead, Ai does not launch the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Nested Linked AI Files don’t display proper fonts

Nested or linked AI files inside other AI layouts are not letting the fonts come through. It renders to default font.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Paste in front places objects in a wrong position

Just updated to Illustrator 28.3 on macOS Ventura 13.4 on iMac 19,1.
    Paste in front is fine on current artboard copied from. But paste in front does not land in corresponding location on another target artboard.
    i.e. - copy text or art from artboard A. Paste in front artboard A lands in exact same spot. Paste in front artboard B (same size, but to the right of A) lands at -6.568" @ 139.125° from artboard A location (up and to the left). Artboard C (2nd document) lands up and to the left -19.6735" @ 169.064° of expected location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error al exportar - guardar para web.

No permite exportar ninguna mesa de trabajo, mediante la herramienta de (Exportar Como) y (Guardar para web), existe un error: "No se puedo escribir en el archivo debido a un error".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. レビュー用に共有のページがエラーばかりでほとんど見れない

タイトルのとおりですが、共有ページへのリンクを開いてもほとんどエラーでページが表示されません。自分だけではなく、会社の同僚もみんな同じ様な状態です。リロードしてもスーパーリロードしても全く関係なくエラーが出続けます。もう通算数百回くらいエラーが出ていますがまるで改善されないため報告に来ました。たまにエラーが出るくらいならまだよいのですが、たまにちゃんとみれる(5回中1回くらいはちゃんと表示されます)というような状態なので早急に改善をお願いできますか。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reproducible crash > flatten transparency w/ text to outlines, then direct selection

I've been getting a lot of crashes after flattening a linked PDF and then selecting an area with a significant amount of vector outlines (i.e. a few paragraphs of text or a complex drawing). Illustrator instantly crashes when I make the selection with the white arrow direct selection tool.

I can send you an example PDF and AI file that contains a full explanation of how to reproduce the crash. To be clear, it's not just this PDF file – I'm getting crashes with many different PDF files from various sources when I perform similar operations on them.

This is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shift + F puts screen in presentation mode.

WIth version 28.2 Shift + F puts the screen in presentation mode even though there is no hotkey setting for it, it was blank in the keyboard shortcut menu.

I added a hotkey command that i would never use to so it doesn't keep going into it when I accidentally hit those keys since ctrl + F i use a lot. and Shift + F still puts it in presentation mode. I have never had this issue before until today...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problème Export 3D dans Illustrator: fichier .OBJ et USDZ

Dans illustrator, après avoir appliqué l'effet 3D, je l'exporte en fichier .OBJ et .USDZ.
    Les problèmes sont:
    - Bug de luminosité (trop forte et non corrigeable) du fichier .OBJ dans After effect (Image ci jointe)
    - Bug du fichier .USDZ (absence de texture) lors de l'affichage en réalité augmentée sur Iphone (derniere version IOS 17.4.1) (image ci jointe)

Pouvez-vous corriger ces bugs svp? trop nombreux à mon gout pour un logiciel payant..

Merci d'avance,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PDF files made on large artboards get downscaled incorrectly.

When exporting a PDF from a document that's set to "large artboard" the resolution of linked images will get downsampled 10x as much.

In the screenshots I've provided an example of an Illustrator document that's set to large artboard mode. Artboard is an A4 format with an image that's 300 DPI.

I then export the PDF saying it should downsample images to 300 DPI.

Once I open up the PDF in an InDesign document of the same size, you'll see the linked file appears 10x smaller. Not only that, but if you look closely at the image, you'll see that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Layers’ colors get messed up when moving objects in and out of sublayers

When moving an artwork onto another layer the indicator-color changes as expected. If the new layer however is nested in another layer, and the artwork is moved from the nested layer onto the parent layer, the indicator color remains the nested layers color.
    This can be fixed, by closing and opening the childview of the parent layer.
    Also this does not apply, if the artwork is moved directly onto the layer and not between existing artworks on that layer.

01 - Artwork is moved onto a new layer
    02 - New layer is nested in an parent layer
    03 -…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Variable Fonts with a Width axis don’t work in Illustrator unless the "space" glyph changes width

Operating system:
    macOS Sonoma 14.1.1 (23B81)

The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop):
    Adobe Illustrator 2024 (28.2)

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues:
    I created a variable font with a width axis. The font works well in environments like web browsers, but the variable axis slider has no effect in Illustrator. This also affects variable fonts with a Width axis and other axes – none of the shaping changes of any axes are rendered in Illustrator.

After some debugging and experimentation, I finally learned that the "space" glyph must change in its character width, and only then…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stroke arrowheads mislabeled

When changing the arrowheads on a stroke, the dropdown option images don't match the actual icon for the stroke arrowhead. It seems the the same arrowhead icon is previewing in the dropdown for multiple different selections. What you select is not what you get.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Scrollbar breaks using stylus (windows/wacom)

While I'm using a stylus, if I use the scrollbar, illustrator acts as if I haven't released from the scroll bar and continues to wildly scroll, and all other features including closing the program are inaccessible. This continues even if I tab out of the program and doesn't stop until I force quit illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Links not included in Package - Illustrator 2024 Bug

When I package a file, the option to package images into a links folder is checked, yet it's not packaging them. This is happening on my home and work computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base