Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Caligraphic brush blobing

Hi i am having problems with caligraphic brush when i draw with my tablet (xp-pen deco 03)
    I am on windows 10 and latest version of illustrator

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in the preview of the gradients in the latest version of the illustrator.

In the latest version of Illustrator 25.4.1 the gradient preview appears broken. The same file opened in the lower 2019 version of Illustrator does not have this problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select Same Fill/Stroke Color ignores Compound Shapes

Select > Same > Fill Color (and I assume the other related functions) ignores the color set for Compound Shapes (if it differs from the color of the original shapes used to create the Compound Shape). Even if you have one selected before triggering the function it refuses to select it. It is as if it cannot see the color assigned to the Compound Shape itself.

Windows 10, latest version of Adobe Illustrator 26.0.1

1. I have a file consisting of multiple rectangles all with the exact same color (e.g. black).
    2. I make two rectangles of a different color (e.g. red)…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drop Shadow Deletion Crashes Illustrator

I can apply a drop shadow to a shape, and then when I copy & paste that shape and try to remove the drop shadow from the copied version, the application crashes.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Constrain not working (dragging + shift key) - object jumps about like crazy.

When holding the shift key down to constrain an item when dragging (Keeping it aligned) the object jumps about as if trying to align to something else. This happens whether smart guides or snap are on or off (All combos thereof).

It's making laying out work very difficult. Just updated to 26.0.3 hoping the bug was fixed but it's still there. Only noticed this happening very recently, in the last day or 2 (24.01.22).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Align  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Issues saving CMYK vector as PNG

I am trying to save my vector as a PNG file, something simple, and it looks good on the Artboard, but for some reason after saving it, it changes some colors, like some sort of blending mode effect and I tried everything, still not working. The RGB vector is being saved just fine, is the CMYK version that I am having issues with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Home Screen

When I open Illustrator, this is the only screen that comes up, and I can open files and make new files from templates, but I am unable to make a new file from the home page. I have to open another document from my finder to Illustrator to be able to click to create a new file. What is going on??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rulers too small on 4K monitor

I use a Wacom Cintiq and the rulers are way too small to see clearly. I don't want to scale the rest of the UI because even going up one step on the slider makes everything too big. This isn't a problem in Photoshop or InDesign, just Illustrator.

Screenshot in comments.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ÿ (ydieresis) Uppercase and lowercase are inverted

Hello,
    the character ÿ (y with a dieresis) has an issue in Illustrator (I have the french version) when I change the case using the Font menu, it does the opposite. Turning Ÿ to Capital will change it to lowercase, turning Ÿ to lowercase won't change it (the .mov video is more clear)
    regards,
    –Nico

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Objects copied to clipboard are not preserving SVG Format as expected

Objects copied to clipboard do not have the same SVG formatting as previous versions of Illustrator when pasted as text to other programs.

Illustrator has a feature that lets you copy objects to your clipboard and paste them to other programs as SVG code. This is found under Preferences > Clipboard Handling > Include SVG Code.

2021 (25.4.1) isn't handling the SVG code as 2020 (24.3) and previous versions did. Instead of neatly formatted SVG code, you get an unformatted mess that is... just a mess. I don't know if this is even XML.

Is there some obscure setting that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Bug] Copy and paste broken - Unable to paste text without losing formatting, unable to paste shape+text

Hi there,

The copy and paste function within AI seems to have broken. This started a few days ago. I don't think there was a software update. No new software/hardware changes on my end either.

Operating system: macOSX v11.4
    MBP (13" M1, 2020)
    No clipboard enhancements/plugins/apps

Version of AI (Desktop): 25.4.1 and 25.3.1

Steps:
    Scenario #1:
    Copying and pasting a shape with text, within the same artboard
    Result: Shape does not get pasted, text is pasted without original formatting, at Myriad Pro 12pt, changed from Area Type into Point Type.

Scenario #2:
    Copying and pasting text, within the same artboard…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overprint and darken doesn't work properly when it doesn't exist a background color.

When we use darken+overprint in objects that are over some background, we don't have a problem. But if we don't have a background it does the similar to a multiply appearance.

Is there a way to fix this problem?
    Please see the photos attached.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. デザインが表示されなくなる

環境: M1 Mac mini OS 12.1 / Illustrator 26.0.2

ピクセルビューにして300%以上ズームするとなにも表示されなくなる。また、比較的パスやオブジェクトが多いデータについては100%時でもなにも表示されなくなってしまう。CS6ではちゃんと表示されます。GPUにしてもCPUレンダリングでも結果は同じです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた現象ですが、詳細が不明なため再現できませんでした。

お手数ですが、以下の内容を詳しく記載してください。

1. 問題が発生したときに実行していた手順(データ作成方法やその後の操作)
    2. 再現可能な Illustrator ファイル、または画面のムービーをご提供ください。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

15. flickering guide lines

In Illustrator 25.4.1 one cannot use the guides while Astute Plugins active! What did you do Adobe? While selecting objects the guide lines will appear blink think suddenly while someone click drags the mouse as long as one releases the mouse button again. While dragging objects, the guide lines will be fine, but with nothing selected, click drag will cause flickering guide lines.

VIDEO on youtube: https://youtu.be/r_GMXaUSH5w

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Coding tips

Could you please encode a version of Illustrator that would work once and not crash your computer every other hour!!! This same thing has now happened in 3 different versions of Illustrator in a row and I always have to use the old version before your coders learn to do something right!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 'Scrap' appearing in preview mode

See screen grabs; unwanted shapes appear along contours in filled shapes.
    I'm on MacOS10.14.6
    AI 25.0.1

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unembeding image to .PSD change resolution

I noticed recently that on my new MacBookPro 16 - M1 Max on macOS 12.1 Monterey, with AI 26.0.2 when I unembed an image to .PSD format, the extracted image is resampled and the résolution is changed. Only PSD format does that. Choosing TIF is working as expected.

This is not happening on my old MacBook running the same AI version but on macOS Catalina.

So I don’t know where the bug is: On Monterey or in the M1Max Chip.

Bug ID - AI-4256151

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Images, Links  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clipping group in symbol

If you convert a clipping group to a symbol, the bounding box for it will be calculated according to clipped art and not the clipping path, resulting in a larger box.
    The same exact behaviour we had for rasterized clipping groups (now fixed).
    Please fix this one too.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3D effect cropping text when raytrace is on

When I apply a 3D effect on a text, the effect crops the borders of the text. This happens when the raytrace render is on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base