Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

904 results found

1. Jittery mouse cursor before changing state / hovering over links when Adobe application is open

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    Processor 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)
    Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Graphic AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

I'm experiencing a jittery/buggy/flickering mouse cursor when my cursor's about to change mode, to type mode or other different pointers.
    Explanation in GIF: https://i.stack.imgur.com/c3tBo.gif

This also occurs in both Safari and Chrome while I'm opening any Adobe application. It also occurs in other non-hyperlink instances of the mouse cursor changing, such as hovering over the drag handle when resizing Finder columns.

Every time the mouse transitions from the hyperlink pointer to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Apply gradient across stroke" shows terrible banding compared to a standard linear gradient

When applying a gradient to a stroke with the "apply gradient across stroke" option selected, the resulting gradient is very poor quality, with lots of visible banding.

In the attached image the top gradient is formed by feathering a rectangle with corner radius of 31.235 px by 20px. The quality is fine, although feathering makes specifying specific colours a hassle.

The middle object is the same rectangle with a 40pt stroke, with a white-to-black gradient applied with "apply gradient across stroke" selected. The gradient is very uneven, showing clear banding.

The bottom is a the same linear gradient applied as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Delay from keyboard causes unnecessary errors

I've reported this in the past, and I'm shocked and frustrated that nothing has been done to resolve it: There is a delay between when a button is pressed on my keyboard and when Illustrator registers it. As someone who has used this application for over 20 years, I'm very fast. As a result, when pressing (for example) the OPTION key in order to do anything (like changing the direct selection tool to the Group Selection tool) it takes an additional half of a second for Illustrator to register the change. Considering the speed at which I work, this means…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share for Review Greyed Out

I used Share for Review in Beta a number of times successfully last week on a few proofs but I just opened a file to use it again and the feature is now greyed out, as is the option to open a window for "Comments".

I have reverted back to the regular Illustrator to continue using this feature but preferred the Beta, as the regular version requires you to upload the file and assets to CC cloud and the proof quality is terrible. The Beta, when it was working, was more consistent with how the feature works in InDesign but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Type jumbles up in text box. Maybe because I installed Hebrew/Arabic capability?

When I create a type box and either type in it or copy-paste from a text editor (BB Edit, which provides really clean type), the type jumbles up together without word breaks. Sometimes it ends up overwriting type that's already there and sometimes the type ends up occupying a single line, even though it may be many lines of type.

I've had a number of type problems of various sorts since installing Hebrew/Arabic type capability several months ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Zoom Blur gets cutoff.

At high amounts, the blur effect from zoom blur gets cut off (specifically with text, whether the text is rasterized or not. I haven't tested other shapes). It's related to the "add x amount of space around objects" setting (though no number actually fixes it. It is easy to see when you compare the effect in Illustrator to the effect in Photoshop.

You guys really need to work on Illustrator's effect system. It's the one thing no other vector app has, but some things don't work or aren't effective because we have less control than we do in Photoshop.

P.S.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transparent items appearing as opaque

Shape ontop is 10% opacity but appearing as 100%, but off the artboard is back to 10%

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save for web can't save individual art board

Save for web: I can't export save for web with individual artboard. It's detecting the entire file.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve Large Complex File Handling

Performance with large files is sluggish & frequently enters the "Not Responding" state. This wastes my time & causes frustration. Files with this behavior include those with many linked or embedded images or complex vector graphics such as expanded brush strokes. However, I cannot find an explanation for this slowness. During these periods, my total RAM usage does not go above 40% & CPU usage does not go above 20%. GPU usage spikes to 100% occasionally but quickly returns to near 0% so this does not seem to be the cause. Opening & saving files takes a very long time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Switched to another application, Unable to Save on return

I initiated a Save, making a New Folder, switched out of Illustrator to Chrome to get a job number to add to the folder name, switched back and was unable to type in the new folder window, or press the Cancel or Save buttons, or use keyboard! Clicking around I noticed I could select type in the input text field in a screen position that was NOT where the input field was. I moved the new folder modal to where I could select type and I was then able to press the buttons! I must have moved the modal either…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Undoing Warp Tool Transforms

1. Software Details:
      Windows 10 / Ver. 1809 / OS Build 17763.316 / Illustrator Ver. 23.0.2

2. Steps Taken:
      a. Selecting Warp tool (or any other from the warp tools palette)
      b. Selecting an object
      c. Warping the object either once or repeatedly
      d. Undoing all warps to restore original shape.

3. Expected Result
      The undo command would undo my actions

4. Actual Result
      Although the outline that appears when hovering over the object had returned to the anticipated state after the necessary number of undos, the object itself remained unaltered - sometimes disappearing. Subsequent undos would only affect prior actions on other objects.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Text fields not immediately active when renaming library items

Renaming library items takes several steps to ensure you are in the text field and any keyboard commands will not trigger tools/menu items.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Click on an object,
    2. Drag to Library panel—often takes several times as noted in the video
    (the libraries panel and new documents from libraries is flawed and not as efficient as Adobe Max presentations allude to, but that's another post)
    3. After item successfully copied to Libraries, right click it in the libraries panel and click Rename
    4. CLICK AGAIN ON THE TEXT FIELD OF THE LIBRARY ITEM
    If you do not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. X and Y in values in the transform don’t reflect the position of 2x identical boxes, -they are in obviously different position on alert boar

X and Y in values in the transform don’t reflect the position of 2x identical boxes, -they are in obviously different position on the art board...the reading is incorrect. It’s up to me to manually manage the alignment. I tried using ALIGN, The align option is useless. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR AGES. I always trusted the the NUMBERS, BUT NOT LATELY. The X and Y readings in transform are NOT TO BE TRUSTED. Hence great stress. Please FIX the BUG. LOST MY FAITH ..., I wish I could go Back to OLD BUT STABE CS6...CS6, CS6*. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CMYK sliders don't work when decimals appear

Mac OSX High Sierra Version 10.13.5 Adobe Illustrator 22.1
    I am new this month to Adobe Illustrator.
    I have been able to use my app for only 3 days in the last 3 weeks. I have a 2 second wheel of death whenever decimals appear instead of the normal number percentages. A few things happen when the decimals appear, either trying to use the sliders freezes the screen as it fades, or I can move the sliders and the decimals disappear, (3 days only), or I have just the decimals and cannot change the colors. Note the shade of yellow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator Distortion of Template and final art

Yesterday morning or 3 prepress PC opened a billboard template, and it appeared distorted (Sketch Look). We checked all preferences and setting in both Illustrator and Windows and found no problems. Had artist build the billboard anyway. When the art was checked the numbers on the top and sides of the board extended beyond the live and bleed area. When doubled clicked on they came back within normal parameters. We check all Billboard templates with the other 3 prepress PCs and had no issues with the templates. Last night uninstalled and re-installed illustrator. The problem still exists. If I get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to set up a Brother Wireless Printer For Windows?

To set up your Brother Wireless Printer on your Windows computer you need to make sure you know the network setting and that the printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After you connect the printer to the network, you can follow the steps given below to set up it up with your Windows computer:
    • Step 1: Type “Windows + Q” in the search menu
    • Step 2: Search for “printer” and click ‘Printers & Scanners’.
    • Step 3: Click the ‘Add a printer or a scanner’ option.
    • Step 4: Select the Brother Wireless Printer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save in background corrupting files! + AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU causing crashes

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2020)
    3.6 GHz 10-core Intel Core i9
    72GB Ram
    GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB
    Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7/ Big Sur 11.5.2

My files has been corrupting making them useless and I have lost hours of work. (illustrator 25.4.1 on mac os Catalina/ Big Sur). I reached out to adobe support telling me ONLY to work from my download folder?! And never on external drives...?! I've worked from both internal and external drives since the birth of both illustrator and photoshop...for 20 years + now, never having this problem before. Files are 100mb +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Converting Text to path extremely slow

Converting Text to Path ist extremely slow. I have a Job, where 1000 textboxes (each a 5 digit number) has to be converted to paths. On my iMac (3,7 GHz 6-Core i5) this task takes 16 minutes. I tried the same with 16 years old Freehand MX on a 11 years old MacPro 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad Core and it took 13 SECONDS! As there was never an Intel-Version of Freehand it runs under Rosetta what lets the Result in Illustrator look even poorer... And as I have to repeat this task 100 times I would end up in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keyboard input in Properties Panel, Character section failure

Keyboard input in the Properties Panel will frequently stop working for me, and the only way to fix it is to restart the application. It's not a huge issue but it is quite irritating as I need to restart illustrator up to six times per hour to fix this.
    In detail: keyboard input for character related dimensions will stop working. I am still able to delete input, but cannot add input using the keyboard (the delete key is the only key being registered by Illustrator in the Properties Panel). For example, if my text is set to 35pt font, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Text edits dont show in GPU mode

Windows 10 20H2
    Omen 15 Ryzen 7 4800, GTX 1660Ti , 16Ram
    Illustrator 2021

On going issues since if i remember 2016 or so.

When GPU is enabled, lots of time when i edit a textframe it wont show the updates. The textframe keeps showing old text, zooming doesnt fix it. Only thing which fixes this is either move the textframe or deactive GPU and restart illustrustrator.

I first noticed this issue on my old Mac at the office, this cant be updated due to old OS its running. Now i still noticed it on my Windows system running 2021

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base