Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7466 results found

1. change measurements from pixels to inches with control click

(mac) used to be able to control and click in the corner of rulers - left hand side to change units of measurement ? please bring back???!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

2. Tool useage goes away after a period of time.

I am currently trying to use Illustrator 23.0.1 on a windows 10 machine. After loading a drawing that I am working on, everything is ok at the beginning, but after a short amount of time, I start losing function of the tools that I use. For example, when I type, the text change does not appear until I click off of the text and click the curser on the drawing board. Too many other things quit working and I have to shut down the application, and reopen. I am lucky if I get 10 minutes of work done before bad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default
    • But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Error When Selecting Graphic Styles Palette

Recently updated to Illustrator CC19 (version 23.0.1) Was altering the workspace and when I selected the Graphic Styles palette I get the error message "There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object error" Didn't even have an object selected or anything, after the error message all options are greyed out and I can't select anything on the artboard. Tried restarting, saving a new file, deleting all the graphic styles I had installed but the error still persists. This is happening for both old and brand new files.

I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled and it seemed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gradient Annotator tool bug on Groups

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

7. フリーグラデーションの「カラー編集/グレースケールに変換」がグレーにならない

フリーグラデーションオブジェクトの「カラー編集/グレースケール」がグレーにならない。
    早急に対応をお願いしたい。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. .AI an d XD files not opened by default on Windows 10

Ashutosh Chaturvedi, sorry but one of your issues is not totally fixed, you have many users who are waiting for an answer for the .ai an wd files wich are supposed to by opened by default by thèse two softwares by double-clicking. This issue is not fixed on Windows 10. Thank you for your time and you answer ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Before you do that are you manually able to change file association of .ai file to another application say Notepad.exe ? There is another issue with file association going around. Please check this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-broke-windows-10s-file-associations-with-a-botched-update/

10. No Adobe CC App is working properly since the update of Mac OS to Mojave and the update to 2019 Adobe CC has only made matter worst

What are we to do this is very frustrating that Adobe CC is not working properly. Have been trying to use it for 2 days. Even spent the entire evening online and on the phone with support. I gave 1 rep remote access to my Mac twice and he deleted several items and uninstalled the CC and reinstalled only to have it doing the same thing. Then had to call about Adobe Spark moments later because I was getting a 400 Bad Request. I am convinced something is wrong with Adobe and we are expected to deal with it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable jumping of dock icon during saving on MacOS

When saving documents with Adobe Cloud (e. g. Adobe Illustratior 23.0.1) apps on MacOS (10.14.1) the dock icon „jumps“ repeatedly. This is a MacOS feature to alert the user that the program that is „jumping“ needs something done by the user (like confirming or canceling something in a dialog box).
    But with Adobe apps the jumping of the dock icon has no meaning (aside from „I'm saving your document atm“ – which I know because I just started that process and can see the process bar on the dock icon). This is very distracting and misleading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opening Graphic styles causes crashes of v23

Checking on status of incident (ADB-4515680-P0G2). Adobe has connected with my computer twice and we were able to replicate the "crash" or freezing of the program when the graphic styles were opened in Illustrator 23.01. I am currently using V22 when I need to use graphic styles.

Have the engineers made progress in determining the issue and developing a fix?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turn Sensei Off and Presets

Sensei is making my life ****...what it thinks I want to do is not what I want to do, as such the bug I want to report is my "turn sensei off" button is hidden. For example when using the puppet tool I have to now delete all the pins Sensei thinks I want before I can do the thing I actually want to do making the task longer than it needs to take. That's just the latest (five minutes ago) example of how Sensei is messing up day. Give us a checkbox in preferences to turn Sensei off.

Presets…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is already a preference to turn off the Sensei feature that you spoke about. Go to preference , go to general tab and turn off the checkbox “Enable Content Aware Defaults”. This is the last option on the second column.

Units are part of presets so each time you create a file using a preset it will create using the units that was saved in the preset. To workaround this what you need to do is follow the following steps:
    1. Press CTRL+N or CMD+M – depending on your platform
    2. Select the preset of your choice e.g. A4 / Letter etc…
    3. On the right pane change the unit to your choice like inches.
    4. Create your file
    5. The next time you come back to this file new dialog you should have this preset in your recent tab

14. Centering guides

Illustrator CC 2019 - 23.01:
    When guides are grouped it is impossible to center this group in de page by using the "alignment on artbord tool". This was working until Illustrator 2017.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unable to uncheck Type Pref Indic options & Fill object with placeholder text on preference migration from 22.1

1. MacOS Sierra ; Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    2. I'm trying to get the punctuation right while typing in Hindi, but I can't select "Indic Options". I went to Preferences>Type>Language Options. I can select "Show East Asian Options" but i can't seem to select "Show Indic Options" which is a bug.
    3. I expected to type correctly in Hindi
    4. I can't type in Hindi with the right punctuation and I'm on a strict deadline! Help
    25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

16. "Move Locked and Hidden Artwork with Artboard" not working

Despite the correct option being selected in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lags horribly...I cannot do anything because of this. This was before and after update. This happens with Adobe PDF too.

Lags horribly...I cannot do anything because of this. This was before and after update. This happens with Adobe DC and InDesign I too. I haven't tried other CC apps but Pages (not an Adobe app) works fine and so does the internet. I removed Windows Bootcamp from my Mac thinking that it was a space issue. At this rate I am unable to get any work done. Very frustrating

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't create new file

When I click Create New... it comes up with a window but it doesn't have anything on it. All that comes up is the window with the title of %CCXFNFTDIALOG_NAME. It is really annoying since I can't create new project.

I'm on a Window 10 running Illustrator 23.0.1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Excel graph conversation doesn't work on a Mac anymore

When pasting an Excel graph into Illustrator, text is converted to rubbish on a Mac running OS High Sierra and the newest version of Illustrator.
    Also, when converting the Excel file to a PDF and opening it in Illustrator, the same thing happens. BUT, when opening the PDF in Acrobat, everything looks just fine.
    To make sure it wasn't an Excel bug I saved the file in an older version of Excel – that didn't solve the problem.
    I used the same Excel file on a PC and copied it into the Windows-version Illustrator, also converted the file to PDF…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Illustrator crashes when trying to open any type of file

Windows 10, HP Laptop
    500 GB Solid State Drive
    8GB of RAM

Adobe Illustrator 2018 and 2019 (just updated)

I need this fixed. Adobe Illustrator crashes when I try to open any type of file. No matter what I try to open, it generates a crash report, which I have sent 3x times now. I have rebooted, did an clean Illustrator install, reset preferences, and have insured a default printer is assigned. I need this for work, otherwise I lose money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base