Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

662 results found

1. text handling still a mess in 22.1

Text handling in the 22.1 build - meaning the interactions between the Paragraph, Character, Paragraph Styles, and Character Styles panels - is still fraught with bugs and/or undesired oddity compared to previous versions. (2015.3 being the last completely -- or mostly -- working version.)

Open Illustrator 22.1 (Windows) and create a new blank document.

Draw a text box and fill it with placeholder text.

Create a new paragraph style (‘body text’) and set the font, size, and leading to something different from the default. (e.g. font: 10pt Avenir LT Std Book, 16pt leading).

PROBLEM 1: Select a word or words…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Type properties panel bug

Every time when changing a text's properties and deselecting it the text is reverted to size 12. Also when a different colour is applied to part of the text and deselecting it, the colour is applied to the whole text. The situation is the same with different font styles - setting part of the text in bold will result that everything is changed to bold when deselected. It happens every time.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Can't move paragraph indent markers back to 0 in tab panel

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

When I try to move the top or bottom indent markers back to zero, it snaps back to its original place.
    If I type 0 in the X: box, it doesn't work.
    If I set it to 1, cliclk in the X: box and press the down arrow on my keyboard, it doens't work.

The only way to set it back is via the Paragraph panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 警告無しに文字詰めが変化する

ver.27において、マイナーバージョンリリース又はマイクロバージョンリリースにおいてオプティカルカーニングの仕様が度々変更されています。これ自体は改善の意味合いの強い対応で仕様変更と考えます。
    しかし、仕様変更以前のバージョンの文字組み仕様が異なるにもかかわらず、なんの警告も無しに文字組みが変化します。こういったケースではユーザーに注意を促す警告を表示するべきでしょう。

再現手順
    1. Illustrator ver.26.5にてエリア内文字を作成し文字間のカーニングを「オプティカル」に設定し、均等配置を指定する。
    2.Illustrator2020形式で保存する。
    3.Illustrator ver.27.9で開いてTツールを用いてエリア内文字にカーソルを入れるか、テキスト自体を移動する。
    4.カーニングの状態が変化する。

期待する結果
    カーニングが変化する際は警告を表示する。

実際の結果
    なんの警告もなくカーニングが変化する。

理想を言えば、既存のファイルに対して新しいカーニング値を自動的に適用せずに以前と全く同じ表示にするのが良いですが、仕様の変更自体は改善の意味合いが強く、仕方ない面もあるかと思います。しかし、編集しているユーザーが、この変化に気が付かない事によりデータトラブルを誘発する可能性もあります。
    これは2022の最終バージョンが書き出す2020形式のファイルでも起こる挙動です。影響を受けるファイルは相当数存在するはずですから、せめて警告が表示されるようにしていただきたいと思います。

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bullet list cannot be disabled

No matter how the bullet list is set up in Preferences > Type, Illustrator will always make a list after typing the characters +, * ,# , - followed by a space. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/automatic-bulleted-amp-numbered-lists-while-typing-bug/m-p/13315015#M341830

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

6. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

7. Text cursor too thin to see

Editing text in Adobe Illustrator CC2020 has become harder than the previous version I was on, CS5.5. I produce infographics. Text is a vital component. It's harder now than ever before because Adobe has made the text cursor bar so thin, it's barely visible.
    I'm using the latest CC2020 on the latest Catalina macOS on a 2019 27-in 5K iMac. Is it the 5K screen that is affecting the cursor? Please, Adobe, just thicken it up by a pixel or two. Currently it's so thin, it's hard to find it when editing text.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If tweaking the Preferences > User Interface > UI Scaling slider does not help to solve this problem, please make some screenshots or a short video of the problem, and post in a reply, along with your exact specs for the OS and the monitor used, for the team to try to reproduce it.

8. 均等配置したエリア内文字をポイント文字に切り換えると開始位置がずれる

エリア内文字が均等配置で設定されている場合、ポイント文字に切り換えるとエリア内文字のエリアの半分開始位置がシフトする。

mac0S 11.6.8 (Intel/imac27inch)
    Illustrator ver.27.9.0
    1. Tツールをドラッグしてエリア内文字を作成・入力する。
    2. 段落パネルにて1のエリア内文字に均等配置(どれでも良い)を設定
    3. 「書式→ポイント文字に切り換え」を実行。
    4. ポイント文字に変更されるが、開始位置がシフトする。

期待する結果
    切り換えを行っても開始位置はずれない。

実際の結果
    ポイントテキストの開始位置が大きくずれる。

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using optical type feature, since the update it displays the type as if it has no spaces?

Running version 25.3 on illustrator.

16.21 indesign.

Since updating me and a few people i know who also use the software across indesign and illustrator have seen when using the optical type feature, it displays the type as if it has no spaces? Type treatment is thrown off to what is traditionally correct. Please fix this! This will have a massive knock on affect with branding agencies if rules are changing regarding such simple things.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

10. Pasting text on selected text changes properties

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
    Chip: Apple M1
    Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
    Memory: 16 GB
    System Firmware Version: 6723.81.1

Illustrator version: 25.3 265@236190

Pasting text over selected text, it changes properties to properties of neighbouring text of the same text block

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. Fat bold hidden characters

I'm tired of muzzy white-space-markers, carriage returns and line breaks.
    Why are theese so fat and ugly?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. テキストの半角スペースに点が現れる

Ver 25.3.1 windows

25.3.1にバージョンアップすると突然テキストの半角スペースにピリオドが現れました。

1. テキストに半角スペースを打つ
    2. テキストに線幅を入れて縁取りにする
    3. その線の線端を丸型線端にする

するとスペース部分に点が現れます。テキストをアウトライン化すると消えますが、そのままPDF書き出しすると残ります。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でテキストに丸型線端の線幅が追加されると、半角スペースに点が表示される」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

13. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 和文組版の横組み文字列中の文字回転

Illustratorの日本語組版で、横組み文字列中の1文字を回転すると、文字が上下・左右に暴れて表示されてしまいます。
    ※縦組み中ではそういった不具合は観察されません。
    添付ファイルのように検証してみましたが、その回転の際の原点あるいは挙動原理などがよくわかりません。
    例えば、添付ファイル右下のように補正してみても、同じファミリー内でウエイトを変更しただけでもその補正値は変わるようです(平均字面が関係している?)。
    和文書体は、(欧文ベールライン位置や平均字面は様々でも)基本的には正方形の仮想ボディに納められていますので、仮想ボディの中心を回転の原点としていただければ、このような補正の手間がなくなるのではないだろうか? と考えられます。
    挙動を変更していただければ、作業者の負担も軽減されるでしょう。

なお、このような「横組み文字列中のひと文字を回転する」という処理は、あまり日常的にすることではありませんので、既存ファイルへの影響も軽微なものであろうと考えていますが、変更していただくならば、【その変更を周知】していただくことは大切なことだと申し添えておきます。

よろしくお願いします。

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Variable Font not working properly

Hello, I am a type designer and am working on a variable script font. The variable font file work fine everywhere else except in Adobe products.

It appears the sidebearings aren't adjusting with the changes in width. Very odd. You can see whats happening in the first file. The second is on the Axis Praxis website.

I've spoken with Glyphs App developers and they said it's a glitch with Illustrator, so I wanted to bring it to your attention.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your fonts and file to figure out what is going on here.

16. Type on Path Broken - Can't Resize

Not sure if this has been reported yet or not. When I use the type on path tool and try to resize it the type's center point is moved and/or the kerning is thrown way off. See the video for an example of what's happening.

The only way I can get around this is making a copy of the object so I can save an editable version, then outline the text on the other version so I can resize. This is a MASSIVE pain.

Using Ai version 25.4.1

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default
    • But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. The cursor is going to the opposite side while typing in Middle East world ready composer in Illustrator Hebrew / English Arabic language

Typing in Hebrew Language in Illustrator installed In English Hebrew Language. Selected Middle Eastern Single Line composer and the cursor is going to the opposite direction in Illustrator 28.1

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ai crashes (hangs) after installing (and selecting) Google Noto Color Emoji font!

Since Ps has added NCE (Noto Color Emoji) font, Ai doesn't recognize it! I downloaded the font from GFont (NCE v2.038). After installing (for "All users"), whenever I select the NCE font in Ps or Ai, those apps crash (hang)!

If I uninstall the font (which I downloaded from GFont, not the Ps native installed one) and reinstall Ps, the font works OK, but again it doesn't appear in the Ai font list!

I posted some screenshots there:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/google-noto-color-emoji-font-in-ai/td-p/13523581

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Area Type text stretching when transformed with another shape

When I transform an Area Type text box using the handles, it resizes the Area and the type fits according to paragraph settings - which is what I want from Area Type - (first part of video).

But if I transform at the same time as another shape, selecting both at the same time - the type resizes like point type, stretching and scaling with the box, which is not how area type should behave - (second part of video).

So I can't transform an Area Type text box at the same time, for instance, as a holding shape that…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base