Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7465 results found

1. (Applescript) do javascript command no longer works in Illustrator 2021(25.1)

Bug report:
    When using AppleScript's do javascript in Illustrator 2021(25.1), nothing happens regardless of whether it is a file or text. The result will return a missing value. In 25.0.1, it works fine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-works-in-25-1/m-p/11737799?page=1&profile.language=en

In the case of jsx files, it can be avoided by writing the following code. If the file extension is jsxbin, it cannot be executed. And arguments cannot be passed.

-- solution 1
    tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias)
    end tell

-- solution 2
    tell application "Finder"
    open ("Macintosh HD:Users:username:Desktop:sample.jsx" as alias) using ("Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Illustrator 2021:Adobe Illustrator. app:" as alias)
    end tell

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. 合成フォントがつくれない

1.illustrator 26.5
    2.合成フォント作成時。プルダウンからフォントの変更
    3.フォントを変更できる
    4.フォントをプルダウンから選んでも、フォントが変わらない。(初期設定されいるもののまま変更できない)

上記のバグはフォントだけでなく、ウェイトの変更もできません

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't do changes to the containing folder - gude

A text file named "gude<current date>" is created in the destination folder. Can't do changes to the containing folder.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

4. Bounding box suddenly disappears using Selection Tool

Suddenly disappears, but when a select scale then select the "Selection Tool" again the Bounding box reappears. When it is gone, togglingthe quick key, has no effect though t changes the menu state for turning it on and off. Also, when it can't be seen, a small icon for the bounding box is in the corner, occasionally.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

5. 52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Eyedropper doesn't work on groups

When I select a group and I try to use the eyedropper tool, this seems to not work.
    In the fill box in the toolbar it appears as the colour already changed, but the group still looks with the original colour.
    If I ungroup the group, or if I unite the group with the pathfinder (plus cmd+8), then the eyedropper works regularly, but this is not the ideal way to work. I already contacted the support online, but the issue hasn't been sorted out properly.

I use MacOS High Sierra — Version 10.13.6

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Image Not Visible/Blank When Placing EPS Files into new file

I use a program called Separation Studio to separate raster images into spot colors. I then open up a new Illustrator file, click file -> place -> select the eps file created from Separation Studio, and the image that is placed is blank. This was not an issue with any versions of Illustrator. In previous versions, you were able to see the image that was placed and even change/alter the spot colors that were brought in. In this new version, CC18, the spot colors come in with the image when it's placed, but even if you change the spot color,…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

8. An unknown error occurred when saving AI file

Since updating to 24.2 on our Macs people are intermittently getting "An unknown error occurred" when trying to save an AI file. We have found in those cases outlining all the fonts will let us save. We are using the latest version of Universal Type Client for our font management.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator Team really appreciate this.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Please Also let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    If yes, then please do let me know about your available time so that I can schedule a connect session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available…

9. Canvas Rotation Feature is obstructing regular pinching in or out gesture for zooming, when using the trackpad

When using the pinching in or out gesture on the trackpad, to zoom in or out.
    The artboard gets rotated very easily if there is even a slight rotation in the gesture while.

And then part 2 of problem. Its impossible to set it back to 0degrees. It keeps snapping between some low degrees

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

10. Objects rotating when trying to transform or move

When manipulating shapes, the cursor will try and rotate the object. I will try and grab a handle to transform the shape and the object rotates. I have to zoom into the object in order to stop it from rotating despite the cursor showing the correct tool. For example if I want to make a simple box longer, I'll put my cursor over the middle handle on the left side of the box. My cursor will change from an arrow to the one with arrows facing away from each other. The moment I press my mouse the object will immediately…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please remove the "The document [name] is currently getting saved. It will be closed after the save is complete." dialog

Or at least make that optional. It's a common practice to Command-S, Command-W, and now it's an extra step to hit "ok". If you don't click okay (or press enter), it just hangs there, not doing anything until you get rid of the dialog.

Either make the dialog optional, or handle it like InDesign, where the dialog disappears when the file is saved and then the window closes.

SO annoying with 2020 AI

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. Want to give an update that we have removed the dialog, and the new experience is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now, in case you want to give it a try. Now, there will be no blocking message, we will show a “soft message” which will auto-dismiss .

Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

12. Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 22.1

Align to right and align to top are the only alignment tools functioning correctly in all three alignment modes (artboard, key object, selection). None of the distribution tools are working in any mode.

In the 22.1 update, the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior. Before, if I selected say, 5 objects and clicked the Align Horizontal Center tool, they would align on a mutual horizontal center. Now, they align to the center of the artboard, apparently, which is often completely offscreen when I’m zoomed in. This is a very confusing and almost totally…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right click pop-up context menu box stuck in the bottom left corner of the screen

This issue started when I upgraded to Mac OS Monterey. Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade. I am using a 2018 MacBook Pro 15.6 laptop. I use a 27" 4k external monitor, but the issue occurs with the monitor and the laptop screen. The right-click menu box issue does not happen with any of the other Adobe programs. I have deleted prefs, uninstalled and installed illustrator, zapped the PRAM, and installed an older version of illustrator with no change. I understand Monterey is a beta now but is there a fix or setting to fix this problem? I appreciate your help in…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'Remove redundant points' in Pathfinder options keeps unticking itself

AI doesn't respect 'Remove redundant points' being checked in Pathfinder options and always unticks it.
    This option must not resets itself.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

15. Libraries Panel broken

Although the Libraries panel is open, I cannot select another library, it's stuck on the same one. When I pull up the menu to choose another and click on it, nothing changes. Been like this for a few weeks now.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

16. This file has been modified outside illustrator

After updating to Illustrator 24.0, sometimes when saving a file, I get a popup that says 'this file has been modified outside illustrator. do you want to continue?'

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

17. Moving objects - error message "can't move the object"

I'm working with vectors and type. Since the update to CC2018, at random moments and in multiple files, I'll select a vector object and select some text, then try to move them, and I'll receive the error message "Can't move the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects too large". The problem is going to force me to revert back to the 2017 version of Illustrator - please make sure this is fixed ASAP. See attached screen grab.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have tried to fix the issue in the current release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in the update.

Warm Regards,

PS: We are only referring to the issue that got introduced in CC 2018. As I can see there were few workflows that were existing even in older releases. Please log a separate request for it so that we all can track it better

18. Mouse cursor disappears on Windows 11 Insider Preview

I opened Illustrator to work on a project and my mouse cursor disappears when I am in the workspace. I can't seem to get it back. It is just an illustrator issue since I can see my cursor fine in other programs.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Intertwine bug when export as pdf X4

mac os 12.6, illustrator 2023
    create 2 intertwining circles, save as PDF X4 with the Illustrator default settings and you get a bitmap instead of vector data..
    by choosing "compatibility: acrobat 8" the problem does not appear.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

20. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3
    2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash
    3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas
    4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base