Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. KERNING ON EXTENDED SELECTIONS...

My kerning worked just fine about an hour ago, but now every time I try to add a custom kerning value it gives me the warning: Kerning on extended selections can only be set to Auto or 0.

I can't seem to get this to go away.
    I uninstalled & reinstalled Illustrator and it is still happening.
    I tried many fonts of different types, and it still won't work.

-Chris

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

5. Objects rotating when trying to transform or move

When manipulating shapes, the cursor will try and rotate the object. I will try and grab a handle to transform the shape and the object rotates. I have to zoom into the object in order to stop it from rotating despite the cursor showing the correct tool. For example if I want to make a simple box longer, I'll put my cursor over the middle handle on the left side of the box. My cursor will change from an arrow to the one with arrows facing away from each other. The moment I press my mouse the object will immediately…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

7. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Brush Pressure exceeds set size/variation

When drawing with the brush in CC 2018, the brush size of the stroke can exceed the set size and variation. For instance, If I have a brush size of 3 and variation 3, when drawing pressing very hard, the stroke size will go above 3 pts. in CC 2017 the brush stroke was limited to brush size.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2

Warm Regards,

11. Font drop down menu disappears

Whenever I select the font drop down menu, and I'm going through the fonts I have, it just randomly disappears as I'm looking through the fonts to find the one I want to use, although I can still use my arrow keys to go through the list even though the drop down menu isn't on my screen.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

12. Flickering Cursor

The cursor constantly flickers on my MacBook Pro 2017 with Touchbar.

Really annoying.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

13. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

14. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

15. Files not saving correctly, reopens to older versions.

Twice this week I've saved files, closed them, and opened them later and my changes were not saved – illustrator opened way older versions of the files. What's weirder is one is a PDF, and the PDF shows the accurate file, but when I open it in illustrator it shows the old version.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rotate tool Alt click and Wacom tablet

Hey :)
    I use illustrator CC 2017.

I use my Wacom intuos for almost everything since it is easier and I am comfortable to it than using mouse.

I use Rotate tool to copy objects in circle with a center point.( Select Rotate tool, Hold Alt and click to choose the center of the object) .

When I use wacom tablet to achieve this, the Center point keeps floating with the mouse pointer. I have to use my mouse to click to set a center point.
    I have used it in multiple computers and with other wacom devices too. I…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upgrade 25.4.6 Not export dxf

Upgrade 25.4.6 Not export dxf
    MacoS 10.14.6

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone, 

In version 25.4.6, we updated the library that reads dxf files from its 2022 version to 2023 version to fix a vulnerability issue. 2023 version is only supported for MacOS 10.15 or later.  So we have following options to fix for this issue :

1. Either upgrade to MacOS 10.15 or later

2. Downgrade to Illustrator version 25.4.5 version or earlier.

Thanks,

Varun

18. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Rendering Issues (GPU, CPU)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

19. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Adjustment of a gradient in Live Paint Bucket (K)

In Illustrator CC2019 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base