Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pressure option for brush is greyed out in AI while using Wacom Tablet

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure senstivity option on?

Please help.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

4. Rotate tool Alt click and Wacom tablet

Hey :)
    I use illustrator CC 2017.

I use my Wacom intuos for almost everything since it is easier and I am comfortable to it than using mouse.

I use Rotate tool to copy objects in circle with a center point.( Select Rotate tool, Hold Alt and click to choose the center of the object) .

When I use wacom tablet to achieve this, the Center point keeps floating with the mouse pointer. I have to use my mouse to click to set a center point.
    I have used it in multiple computers and with other wacom devices too. I…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Align tools not working

Many align tools (centre, right, top etc.) for both 'align to artboard' and 'align to selection' simply not working (don't align objects how they're supposed to - eg. align centre sometimes makes the 2 selected objects move apart (they move apart even further if you press align again)).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

6. the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior.

Windows 10, Illustrator CC 22.1

Align to right and align to top are the only alignment tools functioning correctly in all three alignment modes (artboard, key object, selection). None of the distribution tools are working in any mode.

In the 22.1 update, the Align Objects and Distribute objects tools changed behavior. Before, if I selected say, 5 objects and clicked the Align Horizontal Center tool, they would align on a mutual horizontal center. Now, they align to the center of the artboard, apparently, which is often completely offscreen when I’m zoomed in. This is a very confusing and almost totally…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. delete anchor point tool selecting bottom object

When two anchors of different objects are layered on top of one another, the delete anchor point tool will always select the bottom object, whether I have the top object selected or not. The add anchor point tool and direct selection will select the top object, but I want to be able to delete the anchor from the top object without having to go into isolation mode. This wasn't the case in the previous version.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. no resize handles

My Selection tool does not show the resize handles anymore- this is making it nearly impossible to design easily- I have to measure and assign all aspects if it isnt sized right the first go. I have tried everything to fix it and I need it for school

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Offset Path Won't Work

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and can't get negative offset path values to work. I am trying to create an offset path in the negatives in text that I have created outlines on. When I do positive numbers, the offset path gets bigger (as it should) When I do negative offset values, the object is duplicated but at the exact same size. I have tried using the offset path tool from both the 'object' and 'effect' tabs and neither is giving me results. I have also tried negative values ranging from -1 to -16,000... there is no change.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Horizontal Distribute" buttons broken in Illustrator 24.2.1

Illustrator version 24.2.1 on Mac OS 10.14.6 When multiple objects in a row are selected and any of the Horizontal Distribute buttons are hit, the objects are stacked on top of each other instead of distributed out based on farthest left to right. It appears to be copying the function of Horizontal Align buttons.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Object Transform Reflect default bug

Small one, but the reflect tool doesn't seem to be saving last input, i.e. usually it will remember whether you last used reflect Horizontal, Vertical or Angle, but now it defaults seemingly at random. With perhaps a bit of a bias to Angle. Which I don't think I've actually ever used.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expanded Objects have missing Corner Widgets

1. Problem occurs in all versions of Illustrator 21.x.x and 22.x.x

2. When an Object with a non-simple Appearance is Expanded the resulting shapes have Corner Widgets created for some of the corners but not for others.

3. All corners should have Corner Widgets.

4. When an Object with a non-simple Appearance is Expanded the resulting shapes have Corner Widgets created for some of the corners but not for others. I don't understand why when I expand a rectangle I get a new rectangle with 3 corners that have Corner Widgets but the 4th corner doesn't have a Corner Widget - how can it…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Straight line extension does not work if the adjacent point has a handle

I have a shape.
    Some points of it have handles, some are not.
    For example, two points adjacent to the the bottom-most one: the right one has no handles, the left one has one.
    This, for some user-unfriendly reasons, matters and dictates Ai to draw an extension or not to.
    If I grab bottom point and try to move it along the right segment’s virtual extension, AI draws it for me and I can snap the point to it — 'because the adjacent point has no handles'.
    If I move this same point along the basically same straight left segment,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Align distribute center doesn't work

Trying to use Align>Distribute center with Align to Selection selected - on a group of elements.

Elements arent distributed symmetrically but seem to randomly distribute, some elements very close together and others very far apart. Same issue has been repeating since updating to 23.0.1. Working on MacOS Mojave 10.14.

For example the attached 3 elements were aligned with horizontal center distribution, but the center object moved close to the left text block.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Envelope distort > Make with top object" is warping/distorting text.

I've seen this issue in a lot of online forums, but found no answer. I'm using the CC trial version, fairly new to Illustrator.

Online tutorials show users creating a shape > typing text > converting text to outline > move shape to front > selecting shape and text > Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Top Object. It shapes the text perfectly to shape, without distorting the font or curving the letters.

But when I follow these steps, but my text always comes out wavy and distorted within the shape. I've tried Envelope Options and deselecting "Distort Appearance"…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Brush won't change to basic

When drawing in cc 2018 on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4. Program will not allow me to select basic brush. it defaults to 3pt round or a bristle brush. If I delete that brush it won't allow to draw anything. Need to restart and still won't allow me to select basic brush.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shape of the tip of the stroke changes when it is "Outline Stroke" or "Expand"

New bugs for Illustrator CC 22.0.1.

1. make Path Line(pen tool), set Stroke Weight, set Round Cap

2. use "Outline Stroke" in "Path" menu in "Object" menu"
      (or "Expand" in "Object" menu")

3. confirm result

The state of the start point or the end point changes from before processing.
    Attach screenshot of Japanese version.

It does not happen in CC 2017.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Align not working when ALL items in a group are selected

Since updating to CC 2018, align to selection and align to artboard are not working when ALL items in a group are selected.

Align appears to work if ALL BUT ONE item in the group are selected ... but if the final item is selected, it stops working ... nothing happens.

This is not ideal as it means you then have to align the remaining item with the rest of the group manually ... with transform or by eye.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side and behavior is similar to Illustrator CC 2017 version. If you think behavior is changed in Illustrator CC 2018 kindly share a small video of Illustrator CC 2017 behavior and Illustrator CC 2018 behavior at sharewithai@adobe.com so I can further investigate it.

Please do mention the link of this thread so we can identify you

20. Main selection tool not working right

The selection tool will select and move objects, but I cannot grab the corner and resize them. I have to use the direct selection tool and select any anchor points I want to move, even to do a simple re-size

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base