Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dragging Objects with Shift key hold down broken

After updating to Version 24.2 dragging objects with the Shift Key hold down does not work anymore. Instead of aligning the Object it forces it to stay in place. The same bug appears while doing "Alt-Drag" together with the Shift Key. This is a essential function in Illustrator an I think a lot of people use it every day. I will step back to the last version until this is fixed... Surprisingly this occurs only on one of our two Macs...

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

3. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is a change in the way rendering is handled in Illustrator Beta build with Metal support. Request everyone who faces this issue to try this Metal build and share us if this issue is reproducible in this build.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

If you still get a crash during sleep/wake please follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Please share the crash logs with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

4. プロパティパネルだけが英語表記になってしまう。

プロパティパネルが英語表記になってしまう。
    プロパティパネル以外は日本語表記のまま。
    環境設定やAdobeCCの設定を確認しても、言語の欄は日本語になっいる。

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save now takes longer in updated 2020 version

When I save, even a blank document, it takes Illustrator a lot longer than the previous version to save.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

6. Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes when saving eps file

Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes with the following steps.

1. Apply a calligraphic brush to the path

2. Save the document in [Illustrator CS EPS] or older format and close it

3. Open the document from step 2 and save it again

Confirmation environment
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

Stock illustration services often require Illustrator 10 EPS, so we expect corrections.

Illustrator 2020(24.2.1)が,次の手順でクラッシュします。

1. パスにカリグラフィブラシを適用する
    2. 書類を[Illustrator CS EPS]かそれより古い形式で保存し,閉じる
    3. ステップ2の書類を開き,再び保存する

確認環境
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

ストックイラストサービスではIllustrator 10 EPSを要求されることが多いため,修正を期待しています。

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

8. ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping broken in 2020

ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping (set to false)

In 2019 (23.1), PNGs exported by javascript are trimmed to the visible bounds of the object as expected when false. When true, they're the size of the artboard.

In 2020 (24.3), the same script always produces PNGs the size of the artboard whatever artBoardClipping is set to.

Illustrator 24.3 vs Illustrator 23.1
    Windows 10
    Script run via Illustrator (File/Scripts) as well as testing in ETSK 4.0.0.1

It's a dealbreaker for version 24. We can't upgrade as a team unless this is fixed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This file has been modified outside illustrator

After updating to Illustrator 24.0, sometimes when saving a file, I get a popup that says 'this file has been modified outside illustrator. do you want to continue?'

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

10. "Horizontal Distribute" buttons broken in Illustrator 24.2.1

Illustrator version 24.2.1 on Mac OS 10.14.6 When multiple objects in a row are selected and any of the Horizontal Distribute buttons are hit, the objects are stacked on top of each other instead of distributed out based on farthest left to right. It appears to be copying the function of Horizontal Align buttons.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SVG Tiny 1.2 :: x/y attributes in svg element

It looks like Illustrator believes that x/y are valid attributes for the 'svg' element when exporting as Tiny 1.2. Based on reading the spec, I'm not entirely sure this is true.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trim Transparent Pixels on PNG Export BROKEN in 24.3

Exporting PNG used to trim out transparent pixels but in Version 24.3 that feature is broken. Exporting PNG results in a file with the dimensions of the object or group INCLUDING transparent pixels.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Illustrator 2020 24.3 Extremely slow performance and lagging on Windows 10

Extremely slow performance and lagging making Illustrator unusable under win 10 pro. Massive lag (sometimes 10 sec) when moving, selecting, objects or zooming, sometimes when selecting tools.

I had v23.4 installed on the same machine with Win 7 a week ago and had no issues. New install of Windows 10 with the same version of illustrator is unusable even though my machine spec is above requirements and has no other issues.

I've installed the previous version of illustrator to test but had the same performance issues.

All drivers updated, and ran through performance troubleshooting in adobe support pages.

Win 10…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANT] - Crashes and will not open application

Illustrator 24.2 and 24.2.1
    Windows 10 Home

I've been getting the following error since version 24.2 but was still able to open and do work.

The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANT]

Yesterday I chose to update to 2.2.1 thinking it might fix that error. Now I cannot open Illustrator at all. I am not an IT person, but I have already tried the following to fix it but to no avail:

-Restarting my machine multiple times.
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator with options
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator with remove options
    -Going back to an earlier version
    -Allowing…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Straight line extension does not work if the adjacent point has a handle

I have a shape.
    Some points of it have handles, some are not.
    For example, two points adjacent to the the bottom-most one: the right one has no handles, the left one has one.
    This, for some user-unfriendly reasons, matters and dictates Ai to draw an extension or not to.
    If I grab bottom point and try to move it along the right segment’s virtual extension, AI draws it for me and I can snap the point to it — 'because the adjacent point has no handles'.
    If I move this same point along the basically same straight left segment,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cursor in palette fields is almost not visible

The cursor in any field where you can insert values is so light that you can almost not see it.
    The contrast in the fields should be increased so that the cursor is visible again.

OS X 10.15.6, Illustrator 24.2.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AiRobin hogging huge amounts of RAM (between 12GB and 16 GB) and at times slows the machine down.

I have turned off "background save / export" which is apparently the purpose of AiRobin. Nonetheless, it has continued to run for the couple of months since I turned those off. Today I had InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator open momentarily; I try to avoid that, but usually it's fine for 5 or 10 minutes. This time it wasn't, and I could literally do nothing (even move the mouse for the most part) for close to 15 minutes. I was finally able to pull up Activity Monitor and I ended the process for AiRobin. Immediately things improved. But sure enough, AiRobin…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New version of Illustrator Smart Guides do not work

Ever since the last update, and now also with the brand new version (as of 6/17/20), the Smart Guides have stopped working properly, almost non-existent.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MacOS Big Sur rendering bug.

Hi!
    I am an apple developer and I installed Big Sur beta (now on version 3) for work. I run into a problem with Illustrator that other people are not seeing. If I open one file everything is OK. When opening two or more files, I get a really nasty visual problem, with Illustror only. See file attached. Is anybody else having this problem, is there a way to fix it? I reinstalled Illustrator and it keeps happening.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Moving artboard with locked layers prompt warning

In 24.1, every time I move the artboard with my layers locked, I get the warning: "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboard will not be moved." EVERY TIME!
    There is no "Don't show me this again" option and I am constantly adjusting artboards to fit customer's artwork.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 213 214
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base