Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8349 results found
-
Illustrator won't open .AI or Jpg files
Hi,
I'm currently using Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz on Windows 10 with version 24.1.2 of Illustrator.
I only started using software today (so i'm very much a beginner) and I have gone to open .ai and .jpeg but a tab pops up stating 'the file "abc" is an unknown format and cannot be opened'.
Can you help me fix this please.
I can't find any answers anywhere.
Thankyou,
Harry
1 vote -
Arc Warp Effect with Unexpected Results (Combined with Masks)
When applying an arc effect shouldn't the mask dictate how the arc effect works and not the larger contents of the mask?
The results I am getting now appear to be possibly impacted by the larger/complex contents of the mask.
I have used a larger arc amount of 15% in the images below to exaggerate the difference I am seeing between the simplified design/mask and the second design with a larger pattern inside the mask.
Is this working as intended or is this an issue?
Computer Specs:
macOS 10.15.4
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core…1 vote -
OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.
OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.
1 vote -
Pressing Ctrl + Win sends the active object backward
If you have at least 2 objects on the artboard and the top one is selected, pressing Control + the Windows key on Windows 10 sends the active object backward one step. It's a keyboard shortcut that doesn't appear to be editable in Keyboard Shortcuts in case it interferes with that shortcut being used for something else.
3 votes -
Illustrator partially freezes after waking Windows 10 up
When I wake my computer from sleeping mode (Windows 10) and Illustrator was still open, it is frozen in a way. I can click the documents tabs but the view isn't refreshing.. I can select a tool but I can not interact... zoom is not working...
1 vote -
Properties panel broken since last update
Since the last update the Properties panel is broken. Even if there is enough room for all information in the panel, it shows up cropped, with a scrollbar on the side. I have to drag the panel out of it’s window and then back again to fix this, every time I start Illustrator.
3 votes -
Constraint not working properly in Properties
I'm using adobe illustrator cc 24.1.2 on Windows 10 v 1903, The constraint function in the properties tab is not working properly for me. When i press the constraint button, the height and width proportion should stay the same when i change one number, but it changes them to be slightly off. If i make a circle 500 x 500, constrain the dimensions, and change the height to 250, it changes the width to 249.499. It doesn't matter what numbers i use, it will always change the other dimension to be slightly off what it should be.
2 votes -
Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)
Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.
- Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)
-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MBSince maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.
For instance:
-When I…
3 votes -
Can't see things I just did.
When I move an object or make a change to my file it doesn't show up until I click in the document. Then, the object shows up in the new location. I have to restart the program and it works for a few minutes, then happens again. Really frustrating. I am on a new computer with the current version of Illustrator. It happened in older versions on my older computer as well.
1 vote -
Snap to grid doesn't work in new documents
Snap to grid doesn't work at all in new documents. It works with no issues whatsoever in old files, but whenever I create a new one, nothing snaps to grid. I tried restarting, didn't work, and the software is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.
1 vote -
Variable width profile is off screen
I don't understand why but this bug is visible not only in illustrator but also in Premier.
My issue is that many of the scroll, drop down tools or options appear in random areas of my work area. Most specific is my Variable width profile - instead of dropping down, it appears on the lower end of my illustratror window. I have multiple monitors and on one (IMAC 27") the full drop-down appears on the lower end of the work area. On my LG 34" inch, it appears partially off-screen, none the less off my work area. I have adjusted…1 vote -
Optical Kerning issue when outlining and scaling
If you write something using optical kerning, copy it, paste in front and outline it, the outline matches up. However if you then scale both in pro, lets say 300%, then the live text no longer matches the outlined version (see attached example where the live text is in red and outlined vectors in black). This is causing us problems when scaling objects onto different panels but we are required to supply editable text. Logos etc are no longer exact scaled replicas!
We are using CC 2019 (as our clients need files in this format).2 votes -
Illustrator Recent Files list on the welcome page is not updated until the application restart
The Recent Files list on the Welcome page is not updated until Illustrator restart. E.g. you can create some new files and save them but they do not appear in the Recent Files welcome page. But they do appear if you restart the application.
Windows 10 Pro RS5 x64, Adobe Illustrator CC v24.1.2 (x64)
Thank you for your support!
3 votes -
SVG export with text – line breaks forcing text to convert to outlines
I've been working on a project that requires SVG files with embedded text and have discovered what seems to be a bug.
It seemed arbitrary at first, that some text objects would be converted to outlines while others would remain as text. I finally figured out that forced line breaks were the culprit, as illustrated in the screenshots I've attached. The problem is the same whether you use point type or area type objects.
I'm currently running the latest version of Illustrator (24.1.2) on macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).
I've also noticed this issue is similar to another one that might…
5 votes -
cannot duplicate or move artboards
Cannot duplicate or move artboards with artwork in Illustrator 2020. Artboard will merely move with the artwork contained when hitting opt+click. Can only duplicate artboards without artwork.
2 votes -
Export resolution
There is an inconsistency between illustrator and the rest of the world (Photoshop / Bridge / Finder) regarding export resolutions.
When one exports a 100px board on Ai set at 300ppi the file info shows 422 x 422 i.e. 100 * 300 / 72 on Ps an export will show as 100 X 100 which makes sense and that’s how other programs view it.4 votes -
Linked images/files got embedded after file [recovered]
When Illustrator got crashed I reopen the file and the file got recovered with a message saying (could not find a plug-in to read the linked file "links". .....)
and when I press (ignore) button I saw all my linked got missing and embedded also
3 votes -
Reflect and Rotate tools don’t keep the last used value
The Reflect Tool doesn't remember the last setting, (e.g. vertical 90º) and instead puts in a random angle.
(Mac OS 10.15.4)14 votes -
Views not updating, tabs not updating.
Views will simply stop updating in Illustrator. Outline view shows geometry that does not display in GPU preview mode.
Similarly, when changing from document tab to tab, the window will "freeze" on one document and refuse to show the newly-selected document.
None of this is remotely acceptable. I pay for and use the Adobe Suite as a professional tool, and I can't have daily failures. Trust in your products is swiftly eroding.
Please advise a quick and permanent fix for these issues.
System:
Illustrator 24.2.1
MacBook Pro
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon…3 votes -
In-app tutorials not opening
I am using Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.2 that I downloaded from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.
I am operating on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home version 10.0.18363.
I opened the app and clicked on the in-app tutorials available in the Learn section. The tutorials that opens in browsers open just fine, it is only the in-app tutorials that do not respond in any way when clicked on.
I expected the in-app tutorial to open and show a step-by-step tutorial by opening a new project, similar to the in-app tutorials in other Adobe apps (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.).
The actual result was…
7 votes
- Don't see your idea?