Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• or

904 results found

1. Creative Cloud has potential ports leak (Activity Monitor)

When starting Creative Cloud, and Viewing Activity Monitor in macOS the ports show an normal average number around 600. Yet the Creative Cloud ports don't stop there every 15 seconds they increase by 1-3 on avg. I have had them reach 10,000 and that when it starts causing problems with my MacBook performance. if I let it would just keep climbing endlessly. this need to be addressed asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have notified the concerned team about it. since this issue is not about Illustrator I am closing the bug.

2. Scale tool is going rogue in Illustrator version 25.0.1

When the scale tool is opened, it comes up with an enormous negative number, followed by an error message saying can't complete request because objects will fall off the work area. Eventually, after pressing the cancel command numerous times and an undo, it resets and I can choose a percentage. Then, the next time, at won't remember the percentage and I go through the whole process again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Crashes every time I open anything. Or save a new file. Completely unusable.

Ever since the last update, Illustrator has become completely unusable. It locks up every time I try to open an existing file, or save a new file. Forcing me to force quit the application.

System specs:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP133.0247.B00
    SMC Version (system): 2.38f7

Illustrator Version: 22.1

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Open any file.
    2) Try to save…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Isolation mode requires more than 2 clicks

I have to double click several times to enter isolation mode when an asset is in multiple nested groups.

It was not apparent I needed to double click multiple times to drill down into subgroups until writing this feedback and observing the program much more closely.

I was trying to enter isolation mode by rapidly clicking on the element I wanted to isolate, but Illustrator does not drill down into a deeper group unless there is a pause in clicks. It is therefore possible to click on an element 10-20 times in quick succession which is interpreted as only a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. General Performance Issues and Font Issues

The Issue that I'm having see screenshots happens randomly in adobe applications like Illustrator.

I followed the instruction the adobe support gave me with the link, but there where no issue so I send you the last step, more details. Re-install fonts or Creative Cloud etc. don't solve the problem. I have this problems here and there since more than a year now.

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.02 (Issue appears also in older versions)

The latest Issue I have sometimes is, If I save the Illustrator file and saving is done, Illustrator jumps back 3-4 steps (undo). So after I save…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding a workspace crashes Illustrator

Illlustrator CC 2018 - build 22.01

Document with 5 A4 workspaces side by side, adding a new A4 workspace makes Illustrator crash immediately. No saving, no warning no nothing ...
    The only way I can find is making a new dociument with the number of pages you need and copy the artwork. Good luck if you have several layers, and you have to redo everything if you need one more page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of adding features, fix what's already broken and been ignored.

Since the launch of V25 ( 2021 )

-The Surface Dial does not work
    -The properties panel is all screwed up when trying to select a number in a field.. you cannot just change one digit
    -The shear panel does not remember the angle applied anymore.
    -Scaling with multiple monitors is none existent. ( use the resolution from the monitor Ai is open in , NOT from the display set as main.. Apply the smart scaling like you did with Photoshop )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress.

Transform W: and H: using Arrow keys works only a single keypress. After one keypress illustrator start moving the object. See .Gif

Reproduce:
    1 create object
    2 select object
    3 click in the number of the W of H in the transform panel
    4 press arrow up / down on the keyboard
    5 press again.

Expected behaviour:
    - For the object to scale up every press of the an arrow key.

Observed behaviour:
    - First keypress the object scales/resizes
    - Second keypress it start moving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Pie chart problem with small values

When I create a pie chart that contains small values along large ones, Illustrator will just delete the small ones.

These numbers are the original (and the smallest value just disappears):

If I change the two smallest values to 5 and 4 it will render these slices.

I know it's very small but I do need them to be present.

When needed I can provide screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Issue with Adobe Libraries color swatches not the same in each file for Illustrator/InDesign

There is an issue with Adobe Libraries color swatches when added to illustrator or Indesign files are not the same in each file for Illustrator/InDesign.
    I made a master Brand color palette for the Marketing team to use for all.
    The issue is that when I add the a color swatch from the Master Color Swatch Library it changes the RGB numbers in the local illustrator or InDesign file.
    Other team members have experienced the same issue.
    The goal is to create one brand color swatch library that multiple departments and teams within each department can use. The design team…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text object locations corrupted on saving in 24.0

Not actually sure if this is a file save issue or a UI issue. I've been working on a drawing for a few days (24.0 on Windows 10) when at some point, after a save, the location of a lot of the text objects is corrupted. Open the same file in Acrobat DC (for PDF) or browser (for SVG), and it looks fine. In Illustrator, not so much. Have replicated it a number of times, working in .pdf, .svg, and .ai formats. It's a show stopper, not sure how to proceed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Panels load on different screens

Hello!

My operating System is 64 bit Windows 10 and I have the latest 2018 CC version of Illustrator.

The setup: I am working on 2 4K Monitors. 1 is a 32" LG and the other is the 24" Wacom Cintiq Pro. (However, this happens regardless of what type of monitor you have). I don't spread my workflow between monitors like some people do,. I prefer to have browsing on one and my Illustrator workspace on the other. However, since I do work with a Ciintiq I very often swap my workspace from my Cintiq back to my monitor. Here…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 新規ファイル作成時、印刷に選択できる単位が少ない

デバイスの使用:
    プロセッサ:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    実装RAM:16.0 GB (15.8 GB 使用可能)
    システムの種類:64 ビット オペレーティング システム、x64 ベース プロセッサ
    Windowsの仕様:Windows 10 Home
    バージョン:20H2

illustratorのバージョン:25.2.3(64bit)
    問い合わせの内容:
    ファイルを新規作成時、「プリセットの詳細」のドロップダウンリストに表示される単位が少ない。
    他の使用者のPCにインストールされているillustratorには、「cm」等があるのですが、私個人のPCにインストールしているものでは、添付資料の通り「cm」等がありません。これはバグなのでしょうか。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。 こちらの現象ですが、再現を確認できませんでした。 最新版(ver.26.0.2)でも再現するようでしたら、マシン環境によるものと思いますので、カスタマーサポートにお問い合わせください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  14. Whenever I enter Outline mode(Ctrl+Y), Illustrator turn into 'view using CPU mode

I can reproduce this bug on my rig. Whenever I enter outline mode(Ctrl+Y), illustrator, initially using GPU to render the artwork, turn into using CPU. And it stay there even I exit the outline mode.

• The only thing to fix it is close the file and open it again. It's getting annoying pretty quickly(part of it because 'View using CPU' performance is abysmal and sluggish. My CPU has 6 cores 12 thread, not top of the line, but not cheap model either.

-I also found that it's not only about the outline mode that cause this, but other reason as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the documentation website shows the documentation for a brief moment then redirects to a ******* sign-in page. I hate that

i just need to read an answer to access some basic functionality in this baffling inscrutable ever-changing nightmare monstrosity, and the official documentation site has started redirecting to a sign in page and the back button doesn't work. i feel like you should know humans experience this and experience anguish because of it every day. i /know/ that this happens because someone needed to make a number go up in a spreadsheet. sincerely, **** that person with all my heart. thats my idea
    everyone else have a good one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some text is missing and creating a text box will cause lag and not work

Windows 10 Enterprise, Illustrator 2021 v 25.0
    I open an existing file authored in older versions of Illustrator. My annotations (circles with number text boxes) have no text boxes, and my text is missing in other places. But most text remains.
    I can open a new file in v 25.0 and click text tool to add text. I can't type anything. I can try to click and drag to create a text box and it lags for minutes and does not allow me to type anything. If I try it lags again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opentype-SVG no longer rendered correctly in 2023

I have some Opentype-SVG fonts that render correctly in MacOS with Pages/Number/Keynote, MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, in Chrome, and LibreOffice (Mac/Linux). That's several font rendering engines.

In Illustrator 2023, however, they were rendered stretched horizontally (as if the SVG occupy the full space ignoring side-bearings). The spacing issues is even worse for SVG glyphs with standard ligatures --- the SVG occupies only the space of one character.

I have used OT-SVG fonts in Illustrator before, and I don't recall seeing strange behaviour like this. Could this please be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CC 2018 PGN Exporting looking worse than CC 2017

When using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 back then, exporting a HUGE resolution, Inked Lineart via File->EXport As->PNG-> High 300 ppi + Art Sampled + Transparent..

Whenever i open that file on Photoshop CC 2017, the line art looks CRISP, stylish, soft, with no dead pixels like showing off..And Photoshop CC 2017 detects it with a 19kx20k Resolution.

NOW, when using THE SAME EXPORT SETTINGS but on illus' CC 2018, the exporting looks instant...Oh yeah, great... But when i open it on PSCC2017....The lineart looks VERY THIN, 1px like, with greyed out dead pixels.

Please do NOT break out what's working…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

19. Type jumbles up in text box. Maybe because I installed Hebrew/Arabic capability?

When I create a type box and either type in it or copy-paste from a text editor (BB Edit, which provides really clean type), the type jumbles up together without word breaks. Sometimes it ends up overwriting type that's already there and sometimes the type ends up occupying a single line, even though it may be many lines of type.

I've had a number of type problems of various sorts since installing Hebrew/Arabic type capability several months ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cursor selections made within ui panels parameter fields do not respect dark mode on macos

macOS 10.15.7
    Illustrator 26.3.1

Selecting text or number values within ui panels in either light or dark mode, let alone any mode, should not rely on the os or allow the os to dictate textfield colors while that textfield has focus (e.g., text selection highlight color, text color, textfield background color). Instead always use just one neutral color for each regardless of the os display mode state.

Screenshots show the selected text value (1575 px) within the Transform Panel > TextField [X pos] rendering correctly in macOS light mode and INcorrectly in dark mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base