Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

435 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

327 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

3. Save now takes longer in updated 2020 version

When I save, even a blank document, it takes Illustrator a lot longer than the previous version to save.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

4. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

5. プロパティパネルだけが英語表記になってしまう。

プロパティパネルが英語表記になってしまう。
    プロパティパネル以外は日本語表記のまま。
    環境設定やAdobeCCの設定を確認しても、言語の欄は日本語になっいる。

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

7. Pressure option for brush is greyed out in AI while using Wacom Tablet

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.0

Ever since the new update, every time I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

How can I set the pressure senstivity option on?

Please help.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is a change in the way rendering is handled in Illustrator Beta build with Metal support. Request everyone who faces this issue to try this Metal build and share us if this issue is reproducible in this build.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

If you still get a crash during sleep/wake please follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Please share the crash logs with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

10. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly provide the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing this issue.
    2)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
    Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

11. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:

Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

12. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Running an Action from script

Hello,
    In Illustrator CC latest update, my following script does not work:
    1- Select a couple paths (in script) (all of them close paths in different groups)
    2- execute my action which offset paths with certain amount

The problem is in this new version after the action dis-select all of them except one, but before this version it worked and keep all of my selection paths still as selected ( by path I mean the new offset paths, but for all of them)

It really made trouble for my script in the company, because some computer still does not have…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. This file has been modified outside illustrator

After updating to Illustrator 24.0, sometimes when saving a file, I get a popup that says 'this file has been modified outside illustrator. do you want to continue?'

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

15. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dragging Objects with Shift key hold down broken

After updating to Version 24.2 dragging objects with the Shift Key hold down does not work anymore. Instead of aligning the Object it forces it to stay in place. The same bug appears while doing "Alt-Drag" together with the Shift Key. This is a essential function in Illustrator an I think a lot of people use it every day. I will step back to the last version until this is fixed... Surprisingly this occurs only on one of our two Macs...

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator Known Issue - Adobe Illustrator crash when run running around 30 minutes on multiple document.

Hello Adobe Team,
    There is known issue on Page 13 of the below link

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/illustrator/pdf/AIScriptGd2017.pdf

In our process we work around 2000 to 2500 documents in one go. Could you guys address this issue as soon as possible.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Problem described in this thread arises due to using a single script for processing thousands of files without changing the context.

A single script is executed in a single context inside the Illustrator application and we don’t have any mechanism to pause the script for changing the context thus allowing the OS to recover the resources used in this context.

So instead of using a loop inside the script that is being executed inside the Illustrator application, we are suggesting to use CEP extensions and sending the script to Illustrator for execution in the loop. Now the user can create a string that may contain all the commands that need to be done for a single document and can have loops in the CEP extension to create these strings for each document and send a signal to Illustrator for the execution of these commands. In this fashion user can process…

18. Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes when saving eps file

Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes with the following steps.

1. Apply a calligraphic brush to the path

2. Save the document in [Illustrator CS EPS] or older format and close it

3. Open the document from step 2 and save it again

Confirmation environment
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

Stock illustration services often require Illustrator 10 EPS, so we expect corrections.

Illustrator 2020(24.2.1)が,次の手順でクラッシュします。

1. パスにカリグラフィブラシを適用する
    2. 書類を[Illustrator CS EPS]かそれより古い形式で保存し,閉じる
    3. ステップ2の書類を開き,再び保存する

確認環境
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

ストックイラストサービスではIllustrator 10 EPSを要求されることが多いため,修正を期待しています。

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3

2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash

3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas

4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

20. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 Not Responding when opening file & Slow on Start MACOS Mohave 10.14.1

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 / MACOS Mohave 10.14.1
      2.1 Slow or Not Responding - Launch Adobe Illustrator - by clicking on icon in dock or in applications folder
      2.2 If it launches - Click on Open from Dashboard and try to open a file - it becomes non-responsive or takes forever.
      2.2.1 Tried opening ai files (any of them I have) directly- same issue
      2.2.1 Tried to command copy and save to change location I have filed stored - it copies to new location, including adobe cloud, same issue
      2.2.3 New files never show up in recent files on…
    25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Since there are lot of issues mentioned in this single thread & we need to escalates them one by one, we are closing this thread as we are not able to repro these at our side.

Please create individual threads for each of the issues.

You can also email to rbhunwalATTHERATEadobeDOTcom so that we can have an online session to see what is happening on your system & then isolate these issue further.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 208 209
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base