Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7490 results found

1. 細線に対する線幅プロファイルが正常に適用されない

macOS10.15.7/ver.26.3.1

再現手順
    1. 10mm程度の線分を描画する。
    2. 線幅を0.41mmに設定し、線幅プロファイルをアーチ状(デフォルトプリセットの6番目)のものを適用する。
    3. 歪んだ状態で適用される。パスのアウトラインを行うと歪んだ状態でアウトライン化される。

期待する結果
    ver.25の様に適用した線幅プロファイルが正常に適用される。

実際の結果
    細線では線幅プロファイルが正常に適用されない。
    また、過去のバージョンで作成されたデータではデータを開いただけでは正常な表示となりますが、編集作業の影響で形状が歪みます。これは付近のオブジェクト操作の影響によって生じる場合もあり危険です。線幅と長さの比率に相関関係がありそうですが現象の特定には至っておりません。

以下のコミュニティページもご参照ください。

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム-discussions/線幅ツールで調整した十分な長さの線に対して-線幅を細くすると正しく表示されない/td-p/12956489

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue . We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end and would require help from your side to debug this issue and do an in-depth investigation around the same.

Please share the following details :

• Machine\OS details
    • Files with which the issue is reproducible
    • A small recording of  the issue

Warm regards,

Illustrator Team

2. Full Arabic support not available with multiple languages installed

macOS 10.13.6, Illustrator 2019

When any language version of Illustrator installed other than Arabic, the full Arabic support is not available. Digits Type and Diacritic Positions are missing from the Character palette, and RTL/LTR and Kashidas are missing from the Paragraph palette, and corresponding tools are missing from the toolbar.

Also, Arabic must be be installed from nothing - no previous language can be installed.

AI does have the Middle Eastern composer options in the Paragraph menu, and correctly ligatures Arabic when one is set, but RTL is needed for correct punctuation and number display.

Non-Arabic versions of AI do…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paste in Place does not work properly

So I'm having problems with the Paste in Place command, sometimes it works great when I Copy or Cut something and paste it on other artboards but most of the times it is not working properly, either what I copied o cut get outside the drawing area or it goes to a random place, and at first I thought I wasn't selecting the artboard but even with the artboard selected it falls anywhere. I'm running Illustrator CC 2019, on windows 10.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for reporting this issue. Illustrator Team really appreciate this.

Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 25.2.1 ?
    2) If yes, kindly provide some video, Test file(Via File→Package), OS version of your machine & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

4. Free Form gradient Line points gets deleted on changing opacity to 0 via Point Mode

Making a freeform gradient point to 0% opacity works until the object is moved. The point will be removed on moving the object. This does not affect opacity greated than 0%.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

5. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

Mac OS 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web. Please see the attached image for a side-by-side comparison. Save for Web is on the left, Explort for Screens on the right. Top images are actual size, bottom enlarged for emphasis. Notice the jaggies in the raster images.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Type properties panel bug

Every time when changing a text's properties and deselecting it the text is reverted to size 12. Also when a different colour is applied to part of the text and deselecting it, the colour is applied to the whole text. The situation is the same with different font styles - setting part of the text in bold will result that everything is changed to bold when deselected. It happens every time.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. "Replace all" Linked images

Since new version 27.8, when I reopen an AI file with missing images, I no longer have the "Apply to all" checkbox, the new version allows "skip all" but no longer "replace all"

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. System compatibility report

Windows 10
    Adobe Illustrator 25.2

While launching Adobe Illustrator, a window appears warning of an unsupported video driver although the exported report (txt-file) does not show any problem. All drivers are up-to-date.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

9. Text cursor too thin to see

Editing text in Adobe Illustrator CC2020 has become harder than the previous version I was on, CS5.5. I produce infographics. Text is a vital component. It's harder now than ever before because Adobe has made the text cursor bar so thin, it's barely visible.
    I'm using the latest CC2020 on the latest Catalina macOS on a 2019 27-in 5K iMac. Is it the 5K screen that is affecting the cursor? Please, Adobe, just thicken it up by a pixel or two. Currently it's so thin, it's hard to find it when editing text.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If tweaking the Preferences > User Interface > UI Scaling slider does not help to solve this problem, please make some screenshots or a short video of the problem, and post in a reply, along with your exact specs for the OS and the monitor used, for the team to try to reproduce it.

10. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

11. Alt + Scroll wheel doesn't zoom

Just updated to 23.05 (64 bit windows 10) and the alt+mouse wheel no longer zooms. It just scrolls left and right same as CTRL+mouse wheel. If I use ALT+Shift+Mouse wheel it does scroll.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Libraries Panel Disappears and cannot be accessed once reopened when you use Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or asset from it.

When editing objects colors using swatches, or pulling in an item from the library, if you immediately use Ctrl+[ to change the layer your selection is on, it closes the library panel. When reopened, none of the items in the library appear in the panel, and you cannot save changes to any assets you have currently open

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

13. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

15. Adding extra points and distorting paths after using Eraser and Scissor Tools

When I use the eraser and scissor tools Illustrator decides to add points to my existing shape. In the image I have attached all lines should be straight or have a slight curve on the corners. I did not add those points and didn't even know they were there until I zoomed out. I just updated Illustrator to its current version. If someone else is having a similar issue or know how to fix it please let me know.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end. Would it be possible for you to share the file with me if it is happening in some file consistently? you can share it on sharewithai@adobe.com and tag me in the mail

Thanks
    Anish

17. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Eyedropper picks wrong CMYK colors from image's RGB preview in CMYK document

I observe that AI's eyedropper picks color not directly from a raster image, but from it's preview, but I think it's terribly wrong, especially when you pick a color from a CMYK image placed inside of a CMYK document, and get some mutated color instead of ground truth.

For example, I have a photo blended into a single colored background and I don't remember which one exactly. I pick this color with the eyedropper inside AI to match the image’s edge with the vector background ...and it almost looks OK, but when it's printed, the mismatch is quite visible.

Other…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Image Trace API is broken

Please watch the video attached.
    1. Rename the attached .txt. file to .js (UserVoice does not allow to attach scripts directly)
    2. Select a raster image in Illustrator and try to run the script the way it’s shown in the video, with line 11 and 12 commented, mutually exclusive

With TRACINGFULLCOLOR on it is expected to have the 'Palette' dropdown switch to Full Tone, but it gets set to Limited.

On the contrary, TRACINGLIMITEDCOLOR should give Limited for 'Palette', but it gives Automatic.

These are obviously swapped.

Also notice how all advanced options become 50%.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. svg code export issues

I export svgs from Illustrator in order to animate them. I use File - Export as - SVG. Now with version 26.1 when I export an svg, none of the layer(id names) are correct. The exported svg is naming them <svg id="a", id="b" and so on.
    A temporary fix is uninstalling and reinstalling, but the issue reappears before the day is over. The previous version 26.0.3 works with no issues.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base