Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7514 results found

1. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Selection of all objects inside a group instead selects group

In previous versions of Illustrator if I was inside a group, and I selected all the objects, it would treat it like typical multi-selection. Now once I've selected all the objects, Illustrator behaves as though I have selected the group.

For example, I have 3 objects at 40% opacity. I group them, so now there's a group (with 100% opacity) containing 3 objects (at 40% opacity). When I enter the isolated group, and I select the first object, the transparency shows 40%. Nothing changes when I select the second object (still shows 40%). However, when I select the third object,…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Action to merge swatches

Make it so we can create an action to merge swatches again like CS5!!!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

5. Rotate Tool flickering objects under transform

1. 22.0.1 (OSX 10.13.1)
    2. Drawing some element (dosen't matter what), selecting the rotate-tool, trying to rotate the element while holding shift.
    3. being able to rotate in fixed angles.
    4. flickering element, no control over rotation (see video)
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

6. Scaling only appearance (without objects) doesn't work

I want to scale appearance of my art only, without changing scale of art itself. The way I'm trying to do it — is to use Scale tool's dialogue with 'Transform objects' unchecked and 'Scale strokes and effects' checked.
    AI does nothing.
    Strangely, but if I cut and paste this art into new document, AI don't allow to uncheck 'Transform objects' anymore.
    I can work around this, scaling art with effects down, and then enlarge only art, without effects, up to desired size, but this is not very nice way to do it.
    Photoshop does scaling of effects all right.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

Please share the document in which this issue is seen by you.

1) Kindly share a video recording for the issue 

2)Please share your system details - OS, GPU etc.

3)Please upgrade to the latest Illustrator available on Creative Cloud , and check if issue is still happening at your end.

Regards,
    Aishwarya 'G' Gadodia
    Illustrator Team

7. Photoshopフィルターの設定情報がPhotoshopのアンインストールの影響を受ける

テクスチャライザー等のPhotoshop効果系のフィルタープラグインのカスタム設定(例:テクスチャライザーのカスタムテクスチャ設定)がPhotoshopをアンインストールすることにより初期化されてしまう。

macOS11.6.8/Windows10
    ver.23〜(恐らく機能実装時から変わっていない)

ver.26での例(PhotoshopCC2022がインストールしている状態)
    1.ドキュメント上に任意のオブジェクトを作成。
    2.効果→テクスチャ→テクスチャライザー…を選択しユーザーインターフェースを開く。
    3.テクスチャ選択ドロップダウン横からサブメニューにてカスタムテクスチャを選択する。
    4.OKをクリックしカスタムテクスチャを適用する。
    5.カスタムテクスチャ設定情報が保存され、Illustratorを再起動してもカスタムテクスチャは有効のままになる。
    6.PhotoshopCC2022を環境設定もろともアンインストールする。
    7.Illustratorで前述の1〜2の手順にてテクスチャライザーのユーザーインターフェースを開くとテクスチャ選択ドロップダウンからカスタムテクスチャが消えている。

現状
    Photoshopをアンインストールするとテクスチャライザーのユーザーインターフェースからカスタムテクスチャが消える。

期待する挙動
    PhotohopをアンインストールしてもIllustrator上のいかなる設定情報も失われない。

このPhotoshop効果系のフィルターの設定情報はVer.26及びver.27では「~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings(Windowsはユーザーディレクトリ配下のAppData/Roaming/Adobe〜)」フォルダの「Adobe 効果 CS6 Prefs」と「Adobe テクスチャライザー CS6 Prefs」に保存されます。
    このフォルダはPhotoshopの環境設定フォルダの為、Photoshopのインストール・アンインストールに影響を受けます。
    不用意な設定喪失を防ぐ意味においても「Adobe Illustrator <VERSION_NUM> Settings」に保存するように変更するのが理想だと考えます。
    PhotoshopをアンインストールすることでIllustratorに影響を及ぼすのは問題だと思います。

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enter key does not commit a change in a panel / dialog / field

Transparency panel in Appearance window does not react on Enter in Illustrator 27.0

After the latest update, this bug is spotted. In Appearance window -> Opacity panel (either stroke or fill) -> enter desired opacity -> hit Enter/CR -> no reaction (expected: apply value and close the Opacity panel). The TAB button however still works (the value applies). Other panels work as they should and react Enter correctly.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

9. When a crash happens, the Recent Files lists get reset to the state they had on launch

File > Open Recent Files list and a Recent files at home screen don’t get recorded somewhere safe as soon as a document gets opened.

So each time Illustrator crashes (and sadly it’s a ordinary way and the only reason for Illustrator to get relaunched), both lists get lost — Illustrator shows them in the state they had when the program was closed successfully.

Illustrator should update and store these lists as soon as they change and don’t loose them on crash.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Square brackets hotkeys don’t work when input language is non-English

If you have default [ and ] keys set for Increase/Decrease Diameter, you have to have English input language set to make these work (at least on Windows).

In Russian these keys on a keyboard occupied with 'х' (Russian 'ha') and 'ъ' (Russian hard sign). Pressing them does not change the diameter.

But these do work in Photoshop, and basically elsewhere... except for Illustrator.

Sam happens for other input languages like Turkish, and for other commands, like Arrange (Bring / Sent Froward / Back).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Copy/paste vector: Illustrator → Figma (pastes as raster)

In 25.2 — graphics copied from Illustrator get inserted in Figma as a vector image. In 25.3 the behavior is broken and graphics get pasted as a raster image.
    All the settings are the same.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. 色違いで作ったパターンがコピペされない

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 Illustrator 2021(25.3.1)

同じ模様のパターンの色違い3つ作成(ABCとする)→
    ABCに塗ったオブジェクトをコピー→
    別ファイルにペースト→
    オブジェクトすべてがAの塗りになり、BCのパターンはペーストされない

コピペされないBCを別のオブジェクトに塗り
    再度コピペしても、勝手にAの塗りに変換されます。
    同ファイル内でコピペしても同じ現象がおきます。

フォーラムでも質問しました。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0/%E8%89%B2%E9%81%95%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E4%BD%9C%E3%81%A3%E3%81%9F%E3%83%91%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%81%8C%E3%82%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%9A%E3%81%95%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/m-p/12137562#M25502

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でパターンスウォッチのコピー&ペーストで予期しない結果になる」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

13. Image trace does not allow to use your own colour palette

Under advanced image trace, now when you use the dropdown palette and select 'Document library' and then select your own limited colour theme in the dropdown below, it makes no difference at all (even though it takes time re-rendering the image).

This used to work really effectively, but I've had these issues for some time.

I'm on the latest version of Illustartor 2020 (ver 24.2.3)

I've attached a screengrab so you can see the colours are not being used!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Duplicate Graphic Styles

Multipage document. Many objects with a specific style, rectangle, 20% gray fill, no line. All assigned graphic style, eg, Box Style. I want to move these objects to a new artboard, so it's select, Copy, Paste In Place, Move specific distance (because I've laid out my art boards precisely). Problem is that I then get Box Style 1, or Box Style 2, and so on.

If I option drag this does not happen. This makes NO SENSE.

Styles are styles. Why would Illustrator be duplicating styles. Makes NO SENSE. Option drag is NOT an efficient way for my workflow. Maybe…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Saving operation get cancelled when Save in background is checked.

When Save in the background checkbox is checked, saving the document using the script, gives an error operation was cancelled and the automation process stop. But if uncheck this setting everything works fine. This happens when we show our custom progress bar dialog. So I think progress bar dialog is interfering with the process of saving the document in the background. Could you please look into this issue and see what can be done for this at your end?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

16. Distribute spacing units work wrong

Hello,

Illustrator 23.0.2. I use "cm" units in whole software, but Distribute Spacing right now working only in points...

I think your software is falling down year by year.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

17. Breaking links for several selected symbols at once doesn’t work

At the moment it is not possible to unlink several selected symbols at once with the context menu command. Illustrator will unlink the symbol that is at the top in the layer panel.

If you use the symbol menu command to unlink the symbols all selected symbols are unlinked.

Thank you!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

19. Can't Print Illustration

Illustrator refuses to print even small 8.5 x 11 files to our desktop printer. This is an essential part of this program and severely impacts my ability to design and create production files when I cannot print out a simple proof without exporting it to a PDF before Printing.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We worked with Microsoft on the issue. here is the update. Thank you few of you who helped us in isolating this issue. If your issue still does not get resolved with the updates as below please reach out to us on sharewithai@adobe.com

Summary of Issue:

Workaround:

• Uninstall and reinstall the HP print drivers. Download the latest driver from HP website or contact your system administrator.

Microsoft Support Ticket No.: 119070821001723
    Adobe Internal Tracking ID: AI-4215933

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

20. Recolor artwork window stops working shortly after opening (Illustrator CC2018)

Im using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2).
    I'm trying to recolor my artwork but the window accessed via Edit colors > recolor Artwork freezes shortly after using it.

Everything remains responsive except that when I click any part of the window there is no response from Illustrator. I can still move the window around but cannot exit it. The OS doesn't recognize it as a crash (no "not responding" message).

I've been working on the same document in Illustrator CC 2017, recoloring worked fine in then.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for the help…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base